• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

TidusAni

Smash Apprentice
LOVED the new venue, minus slurpee incidents :(

Atticus - maybe its just me but i think you've jumped a massive ammount since last time i saw you, outsmarting me alot, higher technical skill level and i dont even think i gimped you properly once, good job man

Epic - i been saying it last year, (thought not many people heard me), your damn good yo, congrats for killing me and attila in teams, twice, keep up the peach lol

PhillyPhillyPhilPhil - gg matches in the losers bracket, so salty about losing that first match though :(
Please have something soon, im in dire need of practise :)

Attila - HEY MAN, so sorry i let us down in melee AND brawl doubles, next monthly if youd like to help me get better at brawl, or at least stop all the dumb stuff i was doing.
2g@brawl.

Tibs - congrats in your melee doubles placing and carrying that nub dekar, but i dont even think we played melee together :(

BILLY YO - even though, (lets face it im the best at brawl) you might need to teach me a couple of things, or i could teach you, WHO KNOWS BILLY, WHO KNOWS.
gg melee teams too

Toshi - didnt get to play you, hopefully we can next monthly.
KILL YOUR BROTHER FOR ME WHY DIDNT HE COME OMG

Dekar - WTF MAYNE WE DIDNT EVEN PLAYYYY

ANYONE ELSE I PLAYED/BEAT/GOT ***** BY - ggs, lol.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Shoutouts:
CM for landing a Falcon Punch
Leish for being cool and making a sweet comeback game 2
Lochy for being pretty decent and knocking us into losers in doubles along with your partner
Danza for some enjoyable matches
Ricky for a fun set, your Falcon be crazy though
Gary for mind gaming me into running off the stage
Nicks for having a beard
Tibs for looking like a hobo
Attila for not playing me
Jei, Dave and co for running a fun tournament
ViVa for being legit
And Toshi, who outsmarted us all by not entering

(anti-shoutout to Joseph, I haven't even had the displeasure of running into on campus yet and you still manage to skip this >:()

:phone:

tibs7

Smash Champion
Slowpoke world is amazing.

Billy id love to come :) I may sleep I'm not sure. but yeah sounds great!

Dean I'm no hobo, beards are cool. Get on it!

:phone:

Nido

ily Sebby
Oh yeah what would be an ideal time to arrive?
The best I could do is super early or super late
If neither are viable, it's nearly impossible for me to make it

Splice

Smash Hero
if you come super early how long can you stay until?

@Timic: We are going to play Brawl. There be no Melee pretty much, until like really late at night if Tibs decides to stick around I guess. There will also not be enough TVs for you to play MGS in the corner by yourself. Are you sure this will still be enjoyable for you? If so, yes you can come.

Splice

Smash Hero
well everyone else will probably turn up around 1pm ish and we'll probably have the tourney stuff around 4pm or 5 onwards, with friendlies before.

I wake up at 6am - 7am so if you don't mind entertaining yourself for like an hour when you get there maybe that could work? And once you come inside I'll need like an hour or two to prepare (although you could help and it'd be like half an hour) and then mah morning DotA. But yeah, that sort of works, I don't know if I can wake up at 5am though... I've never done that before.

How come you can't come in between? What's super late?

@Jei: Looking like Tuesday overnight til Wednesday
Or Wednesday overnight til Thursday.

One of the two.

Nido

ily Sebby
Late for me qualifies as 4:30+pm so if friendlies are still held afterwards it works for me
No in-between because getting someone to drive me there in the middle of the day short of holding a knife to their throat is hard, really, really, hard

Splice

Smash Hero
what time are you going to leave is really what is the most important for me

Are you staying overnight or not? It's up to you, we're getting pizza for dinner btw bring cash plz

Nido

ily Sebby
Sounds delicious, overnight is good but timing of departure is problematic as it'd be similar to when I arrived the previous day

Splice

Smash Hero
5am departure works you probably won't get to sleep though.

4:30pm is also fine by me but I'm probably going to have ignore you for a couple of hours to do homework. :s

Nido

ily Sebby
Lol I'm such a ninja you won't even notice yourself ignoring me
Or I could bring my laptop and books with me and do my maths h/w, stupid methods D:<
Are these matches going to be recorded at all? Just wondering

Splice

Smash Hero
If anyone brings a recording set up, Yes.

If no-one brings a recording set up, No.

Nido

ily Sebby
Fair enough
Just one thing Splice, is there anything else going on the second day?
If not I'll leave around 9pm the first day

Splice

Smash Hero
Fair enough
Just one thing Splice, is there anything else going on the second day?
If not I'll leave around 9pm the first day
Sounds like you'll be leaving on the first day then. I hope to get everything finished up by around 7:30pm with pizzas happening at 8ish. If things go a little slow because of all the friendlies I'll be encouraging, we will probably have doubles after Pizza.

More than anything this is for friendlies and learning, but the tournament that I will be running during the event is intended to be taken seriously and add a hype vibe.

Will also do crew battles if we get time.

Brawl is such a long game holy cow, you'd think it'd be easy to fit all that within 10 hours... not with brawl :/

Dekar289

Smash Hero
missing my cube + melee + mem card... was in the corner setup, behind the pool table

Viral-Enki

Smash Cadet
Roughly what time did Brawl singles start at Couch warriors? Considering coming to the next meet, but I have work until 12:45 + 15-20 mins to get to the venue from work.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Roughly what time did Brawl singles start at Couch warriors? Considering coming to the next meet, but I have work until 12:45 + 15-20 mins to get to the venue from work.
brawl singles started at ~1PM.
if you decide to come and you're going to be a little late, we could probably make an exception and put you into the bracket and call your match last. you'd be fine. :)

most likely schedule for future monthlies is setup/friendlies starting ~ 11:45, rego at 12:30, brawl singles and melee dubs starts at 1, followed by brawl dubs and melee singles

Splice

Smash Hero
I remember at the last tournament that Viral-Enki came to in 2009 he nearly beat Afropony (or did beat him)

That was so long ago

Where did you go? Why leave?

Viral-Enki

Smash Cadet
Haha yeah its been a while. Uni study, work etc. have taken up most of my Saturday's the past 2 years, hence my lack of attendance.

But this year I've got some more free time on my hands, so I'm looking to start coming to some tourneys again. :)

I've still been playing a fair amount of Brawl with friends, so I'm not tooo rusty (not that I was that great before :p ).

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Does Couch Warriors have a yearly schedule or is it just whenever people decide?

Excited for the next one!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
how cw decides to proceed in 2012 will be discussed at a tuesday meeting
next event possibly april 28...

jezza_10

Smash Apprentice
to dekar and jei,

I won't be attending the next monthly, really busy with all weekends in april, will see what i can do in may though :D ! still trying my hardest to fit in time to come to as many monthlies as possible though :)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
will defs await your return in may for another beating from your brawl kirby lol

leisha, do you still have the brackets on paper from the monthly? well, just melee singles?
also jei and other melb tos or .tio file holders, plz chek dis out http://ssbpd.com/
looks coool

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I think they're still at home, but ill need to check after my flight tomorrow.

I'll bring my laptop next time since its just easier creating a bracket that way. Plus I forgot to bring it last time.

Splice

Smash Hero
http://ssbpd.com/region - do a mexico + aus search

How are they going to balance these numbers out?
Dekar has bigger numbers than Javi :p

then again i guess Apex was the first thing Javi went to for a long time?

Top Bottom