• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Zero

Smash Hero
I seem to have left a scarf at the venue. If anyone found it, please let me know.

Shoutouts

when I'm at a keyboard.

extrasensory

Smash Cadet
fun tourney and was great to see some of the sydney crew once again, its always good fun playing / chatting with you guys.

shout outs to pudge for introducing me as xgina to people i have never met before, astra for never getting shout outs and also teaming with me i guess and revax for avenging me and getting equal 5th. wario army stronk

Last edited:

MGK

Smash Apprentice
Fun Tourney! TO's did amazing job at keeping everything running smoothly, so well done to every TO, we love you all. The numbers are just becoming crazy and hope will only grow!

Shout Outs

@ Baron Omega Baron Omega : Thanks for the early friendlies in smash 4. Meant a lot to me to know my ganondorf has improved. Keep up the yoshi!

@Mezerian : Had a lot of fun in doubles, Melee was for you and smash 4 was for me. Had an amazing set in melee and coming 9th in smash 4 might be a sign to start playing it again. Think about it, as my back is a little sore. :p

@Fudge9 : Why you have to lose in round 1? Was wondering why we vsed so early. Overall, good set, was disappointed with my result but then again, it went to game 3 which was last stock situation, so hopefully next time I get you ..... and don't B reverse my wizard foot off the stage and SD. :p

@ dreadtech dreadtech and Cappa: Best doubles set ever. :p Best of 3 which turned into best of 5.

@ Villyness Villyness : For the best Ganondorf sticker ever! Congrats on 4th as well.

@mask1n : Thank you for the PM friendlies, means a lot to learn the G&W MU.

OP: For the Best ganondorf dittos ever in smash 4! I will get the tech wall jump into stomp one day. If your up for it, we might bring the ganondorf ditto in DOUBLES!!!!

Jax: Congrats on your performance, always knew you were going to be awesome at smash 4! Keep it up!

Mar: Your improvement is showing and your slowly getting there. Practice up your secondaries and you'll be a force!

@ Boozer Boozer : Sorry for not vsing in PM, I would love to have a friendly sometime against you.

Shout outs to everyone that I talked too, your all awesome!

Last edited:

Danza

Smash Apprentice
Great tourny, would that be record attendance now ?, barely any space to move.
I apologize for anyone who saw me play Smash 4, i've probably scarred you for life lol, worst player there.
Good Games with everyone.

SGK: nice knee to the head with Falcon, lol.. ggs.

HAM: forgot which character you used, but ggs.

Rize: ggs man, i had trouble with Lucas (as always), but you changed characters then !, next time...

Cappa: ggs love the Wolf, i play him too and wanted to choose him but i thought your Wolf is far too godly compared to mine, and i feared pulling him out would cost me the match as i need to calm my play style down with him as i can't stop suiciding. In my hands Wolf is on drugs lol, and has been since Brawl.

Dekar: wow after this long i have finally played you in something lol, ggs i knew from the start i had no chance, you're a king... just too good. Congrats on winning the tourny champ !

As the venue gets packed and no body knows who or where the person is that they're supposed to be playing, i suggest giving out stickers at the next tourny. There shall be a marker pen at the TO desk, so after that person has payed they get the sticker, write their name on it and stick it on their shirt and wearing it should be mandatory. Maybe BYO sticker and stick it on you with your name lol i don't know that's just me.

EIS_Duon

Smash Cadet
NNID
mas0nDrul3eskii
Oh yeah, shoutouts to Deez for killing V at 50%
Macs K.O punch would be proud

Pudgetalks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Anchorboy7
i suggest giving out stickers at the next tourny. There shall be a marker pen at the TO desk, so after that person has payed they get the sticker, write their name on it and stick it on their shirt and wearing it should be mandatory. Maybe BYO sticker and stick it on you with your name lol i don't know that's just me.
I Reckon Stickers would be good seeing that a lot of the new people won't know who to look for and I don't know who to look for for PM/Melee people

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts to Leisha, Matt G, V, M, Baron and Hyes all for bringing me various levels of food/snacks/drinks throughout the day/night. Further Shoutouts to M for having a name that's impossible to use the search function to find in bracket and Kira for taking 2nd place in S4 Singles.

And Pudge, for Titanium Star.

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
Big thanks to all the TOs and helpers on the day.
With the crazy numbers and tin of sardines nature of the day, you guys did an exceptional job as always and we all really owe you a super duper debt of gratitude.

I'm aware that CW/MM are in advanced stages of locating a new, more suitable venue to accomodate these numbers.
As such I'm not sure I'll be back for another ranbat until we've moved - the current venue is just untenable with the current numbers and severely affects my enjoyment of tournaments (I literally couldn't even get into the main area for 90% of the day due to physical space restraints, thank god for the blue room).
This is not a criticism etc so plz no "go find a better venue yourself then sam u knob" posts, it's just my stance atm, I realise there are many desirable aspects of the current venue, and perhaps a super savvy floor plan might clean things up a bit. There may be an argument to create more space between setups to allow easier pathfinding, and encourage people not playing to chill outside/in the other rooms. Obviously this creates some problems with match calling etc but maybe with some tin cans and wires we can sort something out.

Either that or I'll just lob in for melee singles when the crowd has died down a bit, the end of the day was actually super legit/fun with all the homies chilling in the back for finals.

Anyway GGS to
Redact: Good set, felt like you were in good form throughout, well done.
Skeletom: Ty for teams, we win next time. Singles could have gone either way in the end, I think you dropped your game plan last stock game 5 and went into your shell, which gave me the win. Overall toughest opponent of the day.
Dekar: Plz give up the Peach it's insulting lol (cept in dubs it actually broke us). Felt like your performance was a little down on normal Dekar, but the punishes were still there when you got in. Game 1 WF was classic Dave shenanigans, so more of that plz. Good luck in Perth.
Donb: For hosting me. You owe the spa man a slab.

Last edited:

Astra Waifucon

Smash Cadet
Yeah. But as Lucario, you kill earlier than normal. I killed a certain Lucas with Fsmash in the middle of the stage at 56%, while I was on about 120% I think.
pretty sure aero was being sarcastic. and "killing earlier than normal" was the point he made by saying that. and how was your second point relevant to Ness's weight class? no one was disagreeing that luc kills early.

what argument are you making mate?

Astra Waifucon

Smash Cadet
W
Just like on Fb, you have to ****ing do this. All the ****ing time. Just leave it.

This is the problem I told you you have in Sydney, how about you stop assuming what I'm thinking. I know he was being sarcastic, but because it's Aero, I'm going to say something.

I don't really see any assuming here. I'm trying to piece together what you're trying to say because I don't get it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Love and Peaceful thoughts friends.
First rule of competitive smash: separate your emotions from your character. The more people ***** about your character when it isn't Brawl Meta Knight/Ice Climbers or pre-patch diddy, the better you should be feeling, tbh.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Deez never fails to entertain keep going man always a good read.

Only shoutouts is to Dekar for playing peach in teams and people who sat at the desk. Both are tedious boring tasks but someone has to do them, the tourney would be incomplete without you guys

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
If people are intentionally going to poke fun at Deez, don't get hissy/join in against him when he says something in response. Get hissy/join in against him when he does something unprovoked.

Snoc

New Kid on the Block
I'm so confused you guys are literally fighting over a %age.

Math Wars: The Next Generation v2.

Villyness

Dedicated Protector
NNID
SuckerFlash
3DS FC
2664-2676-2381
Shoutouts time~

VIC:

Teching - Where were you when I was playing Attila? ;-;

:4sheik: main I played in friendlies - :4villager: loves disrespect. :p
In all seriousness tho, I can see you going far. Hope you keep coming to monthlies.

Jamwa - :4villager: & :4ness: team sounds gr8. I'm keen to take up your offer. :D

S@S team - Always happy to see you guys here. Keep being awesome. :)

Derpywolf - You have a great attitude. Keep playing. :)

MGK - Enjoy the :4ganondorf: sticker~ ^^

Mar - I hadn't seen you a while, but it was great seeing you again. Good stuff in singles. :4falcon:

Baron:4yoshi: - I'M SO SORRY I CAME LATE I'LL MAKE IT TO YOU I PROMISE ;-;

Deez:4lucario: - :4ness::GCD::GCA:

Astra
- I didn't get to chat to you much. Hopefully next time. :rosalina:

Leisha - Car stickers are fun~ (sorry Viva) Always a blast with you around! Also thanks for the TO work. :4rob:

Viva - Congrats on 1st in doubles! Utilt master race lol. xD :4mario:

Jei - ty for taking the chips. I couldn't finish em. :4yoshi:

Boozer - :4bowser: Nice seeing you. ^^

Revax - If it weren't for the fact Deez mentioned the fart being charged while you were hanging out in the trees I would have settled for timing you out and not approaching. But I'm not annoyed in the slightest because :4villager: vs :4wario2: is hard and you're a chill person in general.

:4marth:Attila:4falco: - Nice talking to you before and after matches. Should've stuck with :4villager: but for some reason I've been losing faith in him at this monthly. Won't happen at the next monthly I attend I hope (might be awhile tho).
Also lol at :4villager: living past 150 after uthrow.

Earl:4ryu: - 1st again as usual. :p
Thanks for listening to me ramble on about things. Hope I'll meet you in bracket next time. :)

Sydney Crew:

Gman
- Nice seeing you. :D

Scarpian:4falcon: - :4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager:
...congrats on 1st with Viva in doubles. :p

M:4palutena: - :4dedede: vs :4villager: is hard af for the king. But you can hit the Pocketed Gordos back (and they'll insta kill me lol). I have experience against a :4dedede: who always did that to me if I carelessly threw them back at him so I guess that helped warn me.
Was a fun set though. ^^

Kira:4zss: - Was great hanging out with you and talking. You're such a cool person. :D
Don't feel sorry for picking :rosalina:. I don't intend on losing to it again. :chuckle:

Edit: AzuraSarah - (forgot you didn't enter; didn't find you on the list) Massive thanks for the TO work you did. I hope the snacks helped (although I kinda stole some later ehehe). Hopefully we'll get to play next time. :4miigun:

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
cross posting this from FB:

Hey guys, community message here about future CW events and the dissatisfaction about the crowding issues with the most recent events.

We've already been looking at new venues for a while now but no reasonable solution has been found yet, but this does not mean we won't have one before the next event. We were hoping that this month wouldn't be as bad with the back room used a good bit more as well as other areas used more such as the stage and the training room even but unfortunately it was not even close to enough.

We are having a meeting this week in regards to coming up with a solution for how to make the monthlies more enjoyable and less crowded even without finding a new venue yet.

None of this is set in stone yet, but I do want to apologise on behalf of CW for anyone that was not satisfied with the most recent monthly as well as confirm to you that we are working towards fixing the issue. There will be a solution in place before the next event as the current state is proven to be not acceptable.

Any questions please post them here as I can attempt to answer some but a more clear outcome will be posted before the next event. Every option is being considered in order to find the best one to make everyone here happy and grow the community as that is our goal.

Cheers,
CouchWarriors

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ughh ZSS on wifi. Ughh wifi in general.
But if it's a good connection and you have relative awareness of my smash-in-one-go max-durations/patience it'll probably be alright.

Oh but if we have a good connection and want to avoid suffering, almost-nightly doubles is a thing.

Last edited:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Was a fun monthly guys ^-^. Good to see everyone again! I will admit during the singles tournament, It got way too cramped with the amount of people. Made me have a bit of anxiety being cramped up. >-< (I know CW is doing the best they can to find a venue, So best of luck and keep up the good work!)

Anyways I'll do some quick shoutouts soon :)

Scarpian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scarpian
Quick shoutouts

ViVa, Leisha and Dean: Thank you all for everything! I had a great time hanging out with y'all! :)

V: WHERE'S MY KARA AGE CHICKEN?!?!

Attila: Nice meeting you, fun games we had in singles lol

Earl: GGs in dubs, finally get to see your Ryu in action. Keep it up man!

Boozer:....

Jei: Nice meeting you man, you have a great Yoshi ggs, keep it up!

Gman: Fun friendlies we had, falcon dittos is always hype lol.

Kira: Congratz for 2nd! If only I was there to see it :(

M: GGs in dubs, my heart was pounding hard during that set haha.
Good luck to you and Kira for DI Another day, you know I'll be watching :)

Everyone: Its great meeting you peeps in Vic, I had a great time! ^_^

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I have currently found a Hall and looking into details about it for our weekly smash events. It would also be perfect for monthlies as well since it has so much space. When I get the details for it for our weeklies, would you like the info about it?
storage, space, size and price is needed.

Top Bottom