• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
*crosses fingers that Starfy stays on*

Sorry, Geno, but I've got my priorities. :awesome:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think Starfy should stay on if for nothing else that he not only had a new game released after Brawl, but also that game was released internationally.

I think Geno should stay on until E3. If he does not get in as a shock third-party character, he is not going to get in at all.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Starfy is probably going to be the one that get's removed from the chart, but in my opinion Geno should also get the boot too.

Remember, the statement regarding to series between Pikmin and Brawl.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Even though people don't want him, add Pichu to the chart since you have Dr. Mario.

Also, you should have a Robin without Chrom on their.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well Doc was planned to return while Pichu was not, so his exclusion on the chart makes sense. It's not overly likely Sakurai would at this point decide to re-add Pichu, while Doc has been intended to be included twice now.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'd like to make my case for Knuckles. I'm not saying cut Shadow, but I'm saying that Knuckles has equal, if not a greater, chance of being included in SSB4.
The reason Shadow got more attention during the Brawl era is because it was when Shadow was at his apex; Sega was focusing on the Sonic/Shadow/Silver trio. Shadow was also easy to implement into an Assist Trophy because he worked like an existing item, the timer.

The circumstances are different now. Sega seems to have shifted their focus back to the original Sonic/Tails/Knuckles trio. Sonic Dash's playable characters are Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy. It's also rumored that the new Sonic game will have those same playable characters.

But here's the big part of my argument. Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that IF there is a second Sonic Representative, it's going to be Tails. Some may argue otherwise, but simple logic shows that Tails will be the second Sonic Rep if there is one. Sonic Colors had only Sonic, Tails, and Eggman. Sonic 4 Episode 2 had only Sonic, Tails, and Eggman. The only Sonic game where there was an "extra" playable character that wasn't Tails was Sonic Blast (And Sonic and Knuckles, but Tails was playable when Sonic 3 was locked on, which is considered the true full game.)

So this is where Knuckles comes in. Yes, he is reliant on Tails' inclusion. But honestly, so are Shadow and Eggman. Again, that could be argued, but Tails is the primary 2nd Sonic Rep. That means that IF (big f****n' if) Shadow, Eggman, or Knuckles get in, it will be a 3 Sonic character roster. That means it will be one of the 3. Sonic, Tails, Shadow. Sonic, Tails, Eggman. Or Sonic, Tails, Knuckles. The one that seems most likely to me is Sonic, Tails, Knuckles.

So my final conclusion is this:
No, I don't think Knuckles is getting in unless through DLC (same for Shadow, Eggman, and maybe even Tails). However, I would argue that he is on equal or greater footing with/than Shadow and Eggman, both of which are on the list.

D

Deleted member

I don't think ANY 2nd Sonic rep has ANY chance of getting in. Neither does ANY MGS rep. Big Boss if anthing would just be an Alt costume for Snake alongside Old Snake.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If we get another Sonic character I'd honestly hate that.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd rather the third party spots be given to the likes of Professor Layton and Megaman etc than another Sonic and/or Metal Gear character if you ask me, but meh... That's just my opinion really... >_>

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Just remember the golden (no pun intended) rule: This chart is not designed to determine which characters are likely.

Considering that no rule has been stated that a third party cannot have a 2nd rep, the Metal Gear and Sonic the Hedgehog characters are going to stay. Keep in mind that they are not likely, but it's always a possibility.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh of course I realize this chart doesn't determine what the the devs would do just like any other chart and roster wishlists out there. And of course there is a possibility that we could end up with a second Sonic and/or Metal Gear character or maybe even with the removal of Sonic and/or Snake themselves. As things currently are, anything is possible until we actually know more of the game. I'm just saying I'd rather the already limited third party spots (according to Sakurai as he said he didn't want to add guest characters "willy nilly") be used on other third party series that haven't got a character yet than expand on those that already got a character (unless their just used as alternate costumes I guess...). But as I said, that's just me. (And of course assuming your reply was directed at me...)

D

Deleted member

Just remember the golden (no pun intended) rule: This chart is not designed to determine which characters are likely.

Considering that no rule has been stated that a third party cannot have a 2nd rep, the Metal Gear and Sonic the Hedgehog characters are going to stay. Keep in mind that they are not likely, but it's always a possibility.
Hate to beat a dead horse, but what about other characters who aren't likely, but are also a clear posibility.

To avoid redundance.

What about Bayonetta? I feel she's got a better shot over other Sonic reps.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
With Bayonetta, at the moment there really isn't any indication at the moment to suggest such an inclusion. At best, it's Kamiya being all like "Ask that Sakurai dude or whatever" about the subject. However, one side mentioning the subject is not good enough, which is also why Travis Touchdown is absent despite what Suda said regarding to him in Smash. The only exception that could be made is Mega Man, but considering official staff at Capcom approve of the idea and the fact that Mega Man is not only the most popular third-party but also one of the most popular requests period, that's a given.

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
If or when a 3rd party series gets multiple characters, it'll have to be sonic. So, I'll have to agree that Knuckles isn't out of the question, considering he kind of is meant for fighting.

D

Deleted member

With Bayonetta, at the moment there really isn't any indication at the moment to suggest such an inclusion. At best, it's Kamiya being all like "Ask that Sakurai dude or whatever" about the subject. However, one side mentioning the subject is not good enough, which is also why Travis Touchdown is absent despite what Suda said regarding to him in Smash. The only exception that could be made is Mega Man, but considering official staff at Capcom approve of the idea and the fact that Mega Man is not only the most popular third-party but also one of the most popular requests period, that's a given.
Well, I think that if we're gonna take Megaman's statement as a possitive, we also have to take Travis' and Bayonetta's. It's only fair, all were very similar with the devs saying they'd love to see it happen.

Likewise, any of those 3 would be a huge shock, and unlikely to be leaked, thus people dodging the question by pointing at Sakurai is not uncommon, nor is it necessarily working against their inclusion. Granted Megaman gets bonus points for his support.

There's also nothing particularly pointing at the fact that there will be 2nd same series reps for 3rd party. And in fact, Sakurai saying he wants to cut down on 3rd parties works against them, as they'd just weigh down the roster.

Likewise, Bayonetta being a WiiU exclusive should be taken as a plus. Like Rayman Legends compared to Origins, Bayo2 is creating MUCH more buzz this time around.

Imo, either:

A. Bayonetta and Travis should be added

or

B. All extra Sonic and MGS reps should be taken off.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Meh, Golden gets the last say on all this anyway.

Just for the record, he's removing varies characters to make the chart less cluttered. There's a possibility that the Sonic and Metal Gear characters will be removed, so that would be one problem solved.

Also, the idea of including the third-party characters that have been mentioned by their creators might not be a bright idea after that greedy proposition to make Nintendo include Meat Boy in Super Smash Bros. The third parties are on the chart for more justified reasons, which is why a large portion of them are related to Namco.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I know... I just used you to state my thesis.

Like I've said before, Bayonetta is up in the air. But I feel she's got a better shot than most people around here like to give credit. After all, Nintendo wouldn't be funding the sequel if they didn't expect it to sell well. Especially after the statement they've recently made concerning the increased expences of game development. I doubt they're just gonna let the title fade into darkness once it releases after pouring so much dosh into it.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Imho, I really think that any alternate version of characters should be removed, as well as any 3rd parties that have quite a bit going against them, or aren't expected.

This would be simply to eliminate clutter, as I don't personally care who gets removed and who doesn't, because this isn't my chart.

I would say remove...
Sonic and MGS characters
Alternate forms of Chrom, Ridley, Toon Zelda, Isaac (this could be fixed by simply clarifying how they will be appearing in the actual game at a later time. Just a thought)
...and Geno

This is purely my opinion of course. I just feel some of the things up there are rather redundant and could be clarified aide from a spot on the list.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I think its fine the way it is right now. Once we get a glimpse of the game next month a number of these will either be confirmed or shaved off anyway so theres really no point in getting up in arms over whats on and what isnt. I say we wait it out for the time being and stick with what golden has on there till then

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I thinkt there should be a mini chart for characters with multiple variations like Dixie. She should have 1 slot and then underneath we'll put Dixie Solo, Diddy & Dixie and Dixie & Kiddy. Then take bets on which on it is.

D

Deleted member

As my spirit passes on, I begin to notice error of my ways. Instead of looking for the wonderful things in life, I went too fast and pushed myself too hard to enjoy it. While everyone shoots for the stars, I was too determined to rule with an iron fist and could not see the damage I was doing. It's natural that I would end up facing the music. Hell is waiting for the likes of me, though the true pain is that I will always remember the suffering caused by my own two hands. There will be no future monolith for me, instead I am underground. This snake in the grass is paying the piper his debt. Victory was taken from my grasp and now I impart to you these words I was told by an oracle: "You will meet with a terrible fate should you let your guard down near a displaced carrot".

And now you know who's being cut. :troll:
I haven't even told AEM everyone that is being cut.

Non-Specific Member

Smash Rookie
As my spirit passes on, I begin to notice error of my ways. Instead of looking for the wonderful things in life, I went too fast and pushed myself too hard to enjoy it. While everyone shoots for the stars, I was too determined to rule with an iron fist and could not see the damage I was doing. It's natural that I would end up facing the music. Hell is waiting for the likes of me, though the true pain is that I will always remember the suffering caused by my own two hands. There will be no future monolith for me, instead I am underground. This snake in the grass is paying the piper his debt. Victory was taken from my grasp and now I impart to you these words I was told by an oracle: "You will meet with a terrible fate should you let your guard down near a displaced carrot".

Is it:
Geno
Red hero
A sonic character?
Starfy
Tekken character
Not sure
Tempo
Hades
Not sure
X protagonist
Muddy Mole
Big Boss
Not sure
Not sure
Impa? (sounds like impart)
2nd Link
Not sure
Not sure

splat

Smash Lord
I'd say 'natural' is Viridi, 'Victory' is Victini and 'Meet with a terrible fate' is an allusion to the Zelda's Happy Mask Salesman, so that's a Zelda character (my guess would be Ghirahim) and 'carrot' might very well be carrot-top Anna :troll:

I think most of these cut characters are justified (and the chart will be looking like my personal one a bit more :p).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

King Boo
Red Hero
extra Sonic characters
*prays that this is Geno and not Starfy*
I think this is one or all of the Tekken fellas *curse my lack of Tekken knowledge*
Viridi
Poor Tempo...
Hades
Anthony Higgs
X Protagonist
*prays that it's Resetti and not Muddy*
Extra Metal Gear characters
Tom Nook
Victini
Impa
New Link
Some Zelda character (Tingle?)
Pikmin 3 Captain

My guesses.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if it feels to good to watch people squirm...​

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
That's sort of a lot of cuts. Especially for a chart that's a character check list and not a prediction roster.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
King Boo
Red Hero
extra Sonic characters
I think this is one or all of the Tekken fellas *curse my lack of Tekken knowledge*
Viridi
Poor Tempo...
Hades
Robin
X Protagonist
Tom Nook
Victini
Impa
New Link
Pikmin 3 Captain

My guesses.
Verrrrryyy clever.....

D

Deleted member

King Boo
Red Hero
extra Sonic characters
Viridi
Poor Tempo...
Hades
Robin
X Protagonist
Tom Nook
Victini
Impa
New Link
Pikmin 3 Captain

My guesses.
Pretty damn close.

Though I will say that Robin doesn't count, since he/she is a one of the Chrom options.
EDIT: But I'm not saying Robin is the only one that's incorrect. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh, I see it now. Swap Robin for Anthony Higgs. How I didn't notice that before, I'm not sure...

This is for the "Remember" clue.

D

Deleted member

Actually, now that I slept on it, ignore the "debt" and "underground" clues.
They were for Nook and Resetti respectively.
They are not going to be cut now.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

You big, nasty troll... :troll:

I must admit that I liked your creativity and cleverness. I read that while listening to Bowser's Castle theme from Mario Kart Wii and the music was oddly fitting.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hah, I was right on those two at least. ^_^

...which also means Muddy lives to see another day! :D

Top Bottom