• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

D

Deleted member

Unlike those examples, the identity of Seven isn't really common knowledge. :/

Probably because Xenoblade is rather niche in comparison to those games. (And in the case of Masked Man, Brawl already spoiled that :troll:)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I really wanted to play Xenoblade, too...

Oh well, as it turns out, Habanero wasn't the first one to spoil that tidbit for me, but still...

...although I still want to play Xenoblade...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Xenoblade is a great game, as is The Last Story. I'm about to start Pandora's Tower actually.

I even made a Zael thread, but it's on its way off the first page. At least I tried :sadeyes:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
He asked a question, and I complied.

Also Sheik is Zelda, Hades is the actual antagonist, Ghetsis was manipulating N and Team Plasma to conquer the world, Andross is the final boss and not General Scales, Samus is a girl, Magalor is an *******, the Masked Man is Claus, and Peach is not Bowser Jr.'s mother.
That was.... enlightening. Funny thing, I knew all of that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Am I the only one that finds it hilarious that Peach had to stop and think when BJ said she was his mama?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Am I the only one that finds it hilarious that Peach had to stop and think when BJ said she was his mama?
Guybrush, please. There are kids here, don't use those kinds of words! :troll:

But on a serious note, as far as the chart: If a non-listed character gets in, would they just be added to the chart, or would they get their own "chart" of sorts?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Forgetting the traumatic experience which was making love to Bowser is one thing.

But forgetting a 9 month pregnancy period..?

I think Peach is seriously into something. Which might explain why all her followers are mushroom people. :colorful:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But on a serious note, as far as the chart: If a non-listed character gets in, would they just be added to the chart, or would they get their own "chart" of sorts?

Here you go.
If a character that is NOT on this chart (other than Brawl veterans, of course) is confirmed, there will be a disjointed row that marks the "Unexpected Characters".

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I remember making a thread for Fiora once, though many think that a Xenoblade rep other than two (whether it's for DLC or not) is good enough and she's a living spoiler.

D

Deleted member

Forgetting the traumatic experience which was making love to Bowser is one thing.

But forgetting a 9 month pregnancy period..?

I think Peach is seriously into something. Which might explain why all her followers are mushroom people. :colorful:
SPOILER:

Peach isn't the mama

She's just kidnapped so Bowser can wreck havok on the Mushroom Kingdom. Or we could go with the theory that's she's got Stockholme Syndrome, and the whole thing is just one big ruse.

Besides I can't picture Peach giving birth to those turtles. Those spikes would probably hurt when coming out.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
SPOILER:

Peach isn't the mama

She's just kidnapped so Bowser can wreck havok on the Mushroom Kingdom. Or we could go with the theory that's she's got Stockholme Syndrome, and the whole thing is just one big ruse.

Besides I can't picture Peach giving birth to those turtles. Those spikes would probably hurt when coming out.

D

Deleted member

It's more than Bowser wanting to "wreck" the kingdom.
It's been established in canon that Bowser has a thing for Peach. And apparently he has it in his head that kidnapping her repeatedly will get her to love him back.

Though, as shown in Super Paper Mario, they are not meant to be. Should they marry, the universe will be destroyed.
Not that Bowser cares, anyway.

D

Deleted member

I still like the theory that Peach is just a powerful mage keeping the Kingdom together much better.

DAMMIT NINTENDO WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE YOUR FRANCHISES AND CHARACTERS MORE INTERESTING!!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yuui: HAHAHAHH. Bowser lives a hell of a life. But yeah, it's been quite a lot implied. (Mario Power Tennis's Bowser Ending comes to mind...)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Cause Count Bleck payed of it of coarse.

That, or he took some LSD.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I remember making a thread for Fiora once, though many think that a Xenoblade rep other than two (whether it's for DLC or not) is good enough and she's a living spoiler.
Is it wrong that when I heard you say Fiora I thought you meant this:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He's kind of a dinosaur though. Awesome series btw. Back in the day Disney was good.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Being a "living spoiler" didn't exactly stop the idea of Zelda/Sheik.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It was locked due to the topic going off the rails and people talking about irrelevant nonsense...

I hop that's not an omen for this one.

Anyway, I'm gonna start a topic to keep track of how many veterans return in the next game, watch out for it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think we should post all the rules used to make this list in the OP so we get less questions and to note what WEREN'T rules, for example, appearing in only one game doesn't work against a character as both Sheik and the Ice Climbers are already in the game. (And a few SS characters are on the list.)

D

Deleted member

Not a good example.
By Brawl's time, Sheik being Zelda was a case of "It Was His Sled".

Now, in Melee's time, Zelda/Sheik was a walking spoiler. Probably the reason why Sheik was revealed first and the whole transformation gimmick was kept hidden for quite some time.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Not a good example.
By Brawl's time, Sheik being Zelda was a case of "It Was His Sled".

Now, in Melee's time, Zelda/Sheik was a walking spoiler. Probably the reason why Sheik was revealed first and the whole transformation gimmick was kept hidden for quite some time.
I was attempting to be a bit goofy, but you are right, if you didn't know that Sheik was Zelda, you had ether;
1. Never played OOT
2. Never looked around about Zelda information.
3. Or not known what Zelda was. (Unlikely.)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
My issue with Lucina was the fact she looked like Marth, which would be reason for Sakurai to avoid including her.

It was a stupid reason, as there are multiple options around that;
1. Do not use Marth's Awakening design.
2. If Marth's Awakening design is used, use Lucina's Great Lord design.
3. Simply don't do anything for the sake of making them have different outfits as Marth neither wears a mask nor has long hair, depending on which route they go with for Lucina.

Since Lucina would have a different fighting style than Marth, it would be painfully obvious who's who to the point that confusion between the two would only be for the truly dimwitted.

As for my stance on Chrom coming in first....honestly at this point, with the fact Lucina has proven to be a more popular character time and time again in both the West and East, Lucina actually has a strong chance to be added in place of Chrom.

EDIT: On Viridi, note that I said I was considering her.
My reasoning about Sakurai going out of his way to prevent you from fighting her merely made me hesitant to add her to the chart.
However, she does seem to have "pet" status not unlike Meta Knight, so who knows.
True that.

D

Deleted member

Expect some changes; I'm going to trim a bit off the chart soon.
I'm already warning you that some may not like one of the cuts....

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Expect some changes; I'm going to trim a bit off the chart soon.
I'm already warning you that some may not like one of the cuts....
Well, how about graying them later instead, when they get deconfirmed. Surely a better way to avoid a ****storm.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Inb4 Golden posts the most epic troll roster seen on this forum yet.

Top Bottom