• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
When I'm getting Omega Ruby, I'll start was the same guy I had in Ruby: Mudkip (and no, I didn't like Mudkip for its meme). So I'm fine with Mega Swampert.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Personally I like the Torchic and Treecko lines, Mudkip never really caught on with me though.

Why is Mega Sceptile's ability so bad though? Lightening rod for a Pokemon that already 4x resists electric attacks? What were they thinking? Swift swim for Mega Swampert is going to be terrifying though. Swift swim Kingdra was scary enough last gen but Swampert is already a solid pokemon with only one real major weakness. It's still not as broken as speed boost Mega Blaziken but I wouldn't be surprised if it wound up being a staple in Ubers.
Well at the very least it can jump in whenever someone tries to pull paralysis and Volt Switch shenanigans, which are very popular in the metagame. There's also doubles where it'll be very helpful to partners weak to that typing, so it's not the worst thing they could've given it.

Gen 5 was the only ones that suck.
Personally, I liked the Snivy and Oshawott lines, the reverse snake thing was cool and I liked the idea of Oshawott going from a training samurai to shogun in its progression.

Last edited:

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
I know what it does but in OU and Ubers it's not going to be too often that someone is just going to flat out use an electric attack, especially when electric types aren't that common in these tiers to begin with, so it would be a very hard prediction to make to make the set up work. It's not like storm drain or water absorb because water attacks and types are pretty common so it's very situational.
What about Thunder Wave? Isn't that still a thing the kids use?

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Tried my hand at cutting the new Mega Evolutions out from the magazine background for avatar use and whatnot. Kinda rough looking but oh well.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Honestly, I'd say Sceptile with lightningrod is better than Swampert with Swift Swim, they're both entirely situational.

EDIT: but I just realized something.

Even when a pokemon DOES carry thunderbolt, in many cases you'll probably find an ice beam following right after it =.=

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What about Thunder Wave? Isn't that still a thing the kids use?
Not really. When it comes to status moves, toxic, sleep powder, will-o-wisp, and spore have been the main standards for a couple of gens now, largely because of how common ground types are in OU. Some run Thunder Wave but it's not that common and it's usually in the lower tiers.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
In addition to Sceptile being fat, having stoner eyes, and having "tennis balls" on its back, haters can now claim that its mega form has a peppermint tail. Yay. :p

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So what are the chances of non-Hoenn Pokemon getting some Mega-Evolutions? I'd like to see some more Sinnoh or even Unova Pokemon getting buffs. I'd be interested in seeing Staraptor, Stoutland or Krookodile in particular.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Mega Swampert!? OH LAWD!!

He looks like a threat!! Is he still Water/Ground?

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So what are the chances of non-Hoenn Pokemon getting some Mega-Evolutions? I'd like to see some more Sinnoh or even Unova Pokemon getting buffs. I'd be interested in seeing Staraptor, Stoutland or Krookodile in particular.
If they follow what happened in XY, then unfortunately no as the only Pokémon that would get them would have to be in the Hoenn dex, or are given out by event. If they include any of the Sinnoh or Unova Pokémon in the dex though (and I hope the do), then they do have a chance.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
They are really making it hard for people to consider buying these current gen systems when they keep offering the same games for last and current gen.
It's one of the reasons I'm not buying one. I really think if I look at used games I can get way more and equal gaming to what the next gen consoles offer for cheaper.

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
I just watched a video concerning Ness and Lucas final smash and to change them to Psi rocking and PK love respectively

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
I'm going to get Mudkip as my starter (That Mega Swampert man).

Also random thing I found

I really dislike Brentan Brendan darker skin tone.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896

I just realized May has gotten significantly thinner with each design... bleh. Imo Emerald's design was the best. Not too thick, but not pencil thin either.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

My favourite designs are Emerald Brendan and R/S May.

The new designs... well, May has become girlier, and Brendan is slightly buff. Both of which were unnecessary.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The new trainer designs look super stupid.

Hopefully they'll be like X&Y's designs and look better in-game.

I remember loving the way my chibi-Trainer looked. :)
I'm just hoping for alternate clothing. The closest I can get this guy to looking like he was in Emerald, the better (or I'll just make him a Lumberjack, whatever works).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom