• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Black/White Kyurem is not a devolution, it's a combination that is a step to the form that the three counterparts are supposed to be. These things are "devolving" into their primordial or primal states, not combining to form a complete being.

As for the writing, the thing is they aren't referred to as forms either, they're something different, and that's why I think it's Mega Evolution with a tweak. Devolution is the opposite of evolution, it's a reversion of a change, a change of which is the root of Mega Evolution. If they're devolving or degenerating into these appearances, then I think the connection lies more with it being some form of Mega Evolution then some random form.

And appearance-wise, it's unusual for form changes to be so miniscule as well considering those like Giratina-O and the aforementioned B/W-Kyurem. So that being the case, it's no more or less likely to be Mega Evolutions just because they don't change much, they can easily make them Mega Evolutions that have minor changes just as much as they could forms.
Mega Evolutions with the exception of Mega Kangaskhan are major changes period. They aren't lame palette swaps. They're different formes in design. Also, some of them have proper translations like "Dark" for one of them. That doesn't make sense for a Mega, it makes sense for a Forme difference. They would've said Mega as their names, but the translations are completely different.

And yes, Kyurem is the same thing as a devolution at that point. It went to its original form instead. That's what de-evolving means, going to your first form, which is what it did. It's just a different name, yes, but they work the same way, returning to their primal forms. Just like Kyogre and Groudon are doing.

I stand they're not Mega Evolutions in any way. Albeit, it's possible I could be wrong, but there's zero evidence to support Mega Evolutions, as the term is not used at all, just one referring to devolutions and primal formes period. There's no Mega Stones, symbols, etc. on there either. The evidence doesn't add up to anything more than a Forme change at best. Likely their original formes, which again, is way more realistic considering they're ancient Pokemon. Mewtwo's Mega Evolutions are likely due to it being effectively a Mutant who was self-created. Being able to mega evolve in two different ways is logical too. Mega Evolution is not "Ancient Evolution" by default, and only Aerodactyl is supposed to be taking on its true design, being as noted a devolution by design.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
What do you guys think Sakurai will do with the Intro Animation for the WiiU?

Brawl's Intro Animation was kinda..mediocre...(I always skip it just to get to the game) They used more of the Adventure mode cutscenes than original animation..

Melee's was the best, Opening was top notch with a add of flavor, loved their take with the Yoshi tribe, so cool. Loved the character sound sequence syncing in to the music, it added the spice. ( They did GREAT, considering no lyrics to it)

And Shiek's sequence...was the dessert.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
But it's not not not really an edit. It's just a prank.

I am not really MisterVideoGaming.

But shuldz we embracee the lunacy, that might give us herpes!
I agree with this sentiment.

Brawl's Intro Animation was kinda..mediocre...(I always skip it just to get to the game) They used more of the Adventure mode cutscenes than original animation..

Melee's was the best, Opening was top notch with a add of flavor, loved their take with the Yoshi tribe, so cool. Loved the character sound sequence syncing in to the music, it added the spice. ( They did GREAT, considering no lyrics to it)

I did not really like Brawl's opening "cinematic" either. Hopefully we get something... interesting.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Ah, now here we go.

This is why the main thing I want to see for Smash at E3 is Smash 4's opening cinematic. I want it to be a fully-fledged cinematic made specifically to be the opening instead of just clips copypasta'd together like Brawl's was.

I was thinking maybe something like Melee, but start out with a battle between Mario, Sonic, and MegaMan
Fixed.

Keep that **** outta here Actually confirmed characters only, please. <3

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You know what?

If we're wasting roster spots in Mario Kart on **** like Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach.

Can we at least get some easy reskins that people actually ****ing want?

Like say I don't know Captain Toad?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You know what?

If we're wasting roster spots in Mario Kart on **** like Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach.

...Are there people that actually want that? O_o

Not too many people were fond of him in 3D World cause of how slow and tedious his levels were.

Morbi

Scavenger
You know what?

For Mario Kart or Smash? Because I actually like Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach for Mario Kart.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Smash 64's Intro sequence even got me hyped. Their idea of master hand picking up dolls which would brawl it out gave me a sensation to thank Master Hand putting magic into this series. (Or was it Crazy Hand.., never thought of that..)

Brawl's wasn't memorable..nope. ( Still like the game though)

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know what?

Look, I understand your mad.
But worse case there's always DLC.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I still think people shouldn't have really gotten the next MK. I still don't understand why to get it minus being able to play online now, the games are just WAY too similar.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I still think people shouldn't have really gotten the next MK. I still don't understand why to get it minus being able to play online now, the games are just WAY too similar.
Well, it's the same reason people still play the newest Pokemon. They like the franchise.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I skipped Mario Kart 7; so the experience was fairly new to me, the gravity, the underwater segments, the vehicle customization, the coins (Mario Kart 64 was my first MK), and the gliders. Not only that, but I had a Wii U that I was not using. I prematurely purchased it in anticipation for Smash (because my Wii U stopped reading discs). Plus the Koopalings were interesting enough in terms of roster innovation.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Your joke is bad and you shouldn't give a damn and stick with it anyway like the schmuck you are. ¦D
Atleast I don't favor in gothic Purple/Black fashion in a biker-sense that makes me physically look like a total jackass who just purposely wrecked up your friends car over a ****ing event during your childhood in which you did an illegal trade of "special snow" for your friend so he wouldn't be beaten by his abusive,alcoholic,unemployed father (thank god child protective services came in) if he did anything wrong that drew in officers' attention. For $20. Hey,I didn't say you took the drug.

Ahem,now where were we?

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Why do the characters matter that much? have things changed that much sine last I played, or does everyone just have a weight class and it's all about looks?

Morbi

Scavenger
Why do the characters matter that much? have things changed that much sine last I played, or does everyone just have a weight class and it's all about looks?
Characters matter because it is fun to play as your favorite character. They do not have individual stats like in Mario Kart Wii if I am not mistaken. But there are "hidden" weight classes. For instance, Waluigi is in the lightest of the heavy weight class. Despite this, his kart is the same size as Bowser's, who is in the heaviest weight class. Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach have their own weight class.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I was personally sad when I heard word of no Waluigi in MK7.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, the online was the reason I bought it so that matters.

Howeve, I will be honest: I was so close to not buy it at all. I was so sick of the blue shell in mk7 that seeing it again here was an instant no-no for me (it basically destroyed most of the fun I had). However, since the mk8 direct, they announced the super horn which is a NORMAL way to counter them. Yeah it's rare but you can get it in first place. And the defense system was VERY appreciated.

Basically, the item balance is so much better that I found it better than mk7 just because of it and so, I had no reason to not buy it.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It's the last couple of days before E3, and you know what that means!
Somehow time is slowed down 1,000%!
As a mentally ******** Link would say in a time like this....

These are the long, hard, boring days we must bear through.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's the last couple of days before E3, and you know what that means!
Somehow time is slowed down 1,000%!
As a mentally ******** Link would say in a time like this....

These are the long, hard, boring days we must bear through.
I'm bearing though it just fine.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I'm not bored, I'm anxious. I was told a few days back I'd be getting the computer of my dreams for streaming for JUST the shipping cost. I want that puppy SO bad, and I'm scared that smash will be announced to come out before I'm ready.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Last day? I'm out JUNE 12th! Worst possible time to be stuck before and after noon during the hype.. I do believe I won't miss all of it though since I get off school each day at 2:25..also I heard somewhere Invitational starts at 4 for me. (Nintendo starts at 12:00 pm for me)

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Last day? I'm out JUNE 12th! Worst possible time to be stuck before and after noon during the hype.. I do believe I won't miss all of it though since I get off school each day at 2:25..also I heard somewhere Invitational starts at 4 for me. (Nintendo starts at 12:00 pm for me)
I'm not completely sure how much I'll miss, but I know I'll miss some of it.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
For those of you wanting a safe way to play sick, eat homemade green playdough. Gotta be homemade though for the extra salt content, comes up with some great green pukes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom