• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
and ruby looks cross eyed
Indeed.

I never saw the exact images of the team leader's redesigns.

Also, I had a feeling those weren't Mega Evolutions for Groudon and Kyogre too. They seemed way too similar to the original designs as is. It's more like a recolor at best, something Mega Evolutions avoided overall.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Indeed.

I never saw the exact images of the team leader's redesigns.

Also, I had a feeling those weren't Mega Evolutions for Groudon and Kyogre too. They seemed way too similar to the original designs as is. It's more like a recolor at best, something Mega Evolutions avoided overall.
i agree i think legends shouldn't need evos

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
i agree i think legends shouldn't need evos
Well, Mega Evolutions are akin to forme changes, to be fair.

They don't "count", unless you meant they don't need Mega Evolutions. For whatever reason.(I think they're strong enough without them, but I don't mind the idea either)

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

They don't "count", unless you meant they don't need Mega Evolutions. For whatever reason.(I think they're strong enough without them, but I don't mind the idea either)
yeah they don't need megas because they're fine without them

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

My favorite are the ones who are already broken as it is.
So let's make them even more broken! Cause why not.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wonder what a Mega Rayquaza would look like...

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
There is one unanswered question that still bothers me about smash wii U: Why does it cost $20 more? After all, 3ds owners get an early release and an exclusive mode, for $20 LESS? But in light of recent news: I have a theory as to why: The wii u version will come bundled with the gamecube adaptor. Any thoughts?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There is one unanswered question that still bothers me about smash wii U: Why does it cost $20 more? After all, 3ds owners get an early release and an exclusive mode, for $20 LESS? But in light of recent news: I have a theory as to why: The wii u version will come bundled with the gamecube adaptor. Any thoughts?
Wii U games cost more than 3DS games do in general. No special theories there.

As for an exclusive mode, Wii U's version may still have one.

I wouldn't count on the bundled version being the same price as the regular game alone, though. Probably a bit more(like 10 dollars).

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Wii U games cost more than 3DS games do in general. No special theories there.

As for an exclusive mode, Wii U's version may still have one.

I wouldn't count on the bundled version being the same price as the regular game alone, though. Probably a bit more(like 10 dollars).
But it's the same game, just for a higher price with less content. (Outside of music) I imagine something will have to be done to justify the extra price. I'm hoping for a wii u exclusive mode, but I'm not counting on it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm pretty sure there WILL be some Wii U exclusive modes. They need something to show off between the two releases.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But it's the same game, just for a higher price with less content. (Outside of music) I imagine something will have to be done to justify the extra price. I'm hoping for a wii u exclusive mode, but I'm not counting on it.
Because it's on a bigger system and takes more data to make a game for.

I'm not saying it can't have a bundle, but it was going to obviously cost more since it has more content. And exclusive content too anyway.

I'm pretty sure there WILL be some Wii U exclusive modes. They need something to show off between the two releases.
When'd you turn into a girl? :troll:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sonic Lost World did the same thing. Nothing special came with the Wii U version.
Your move.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Doubtable as GF referred to them as "New Pokémon," something they've only done for Black/White Kyurem and MegaMewtwo Y. At best, it's a forms or Mega that just doesn't change that much, and considering the name has "Devolution," I'm assuming it's the latter with a tweak.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Doubtable as GF referred to them as "New Pokémon," something they've only done for Black/White Kyurem and MegaMewtwo Y. At best, it's a forms or Mega that just doesn't change that much, and considering the name has "Devolution," I'm assuming it's the latter.
Kyurem is returning to one of his original formes, and is effectively a devolution. So is Mega Aerodactyl, as he's actually based upon his oldest form.

They weren't shown as Megas either in any of the writing, but origin formes when translated from what people can tell. Forme changes, easily.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Woah. Just, woah.

All in all Sceptile's is the best out of the three, but I'm still getting Mudkip. I already have Treecko in X so if I really want to see his evolution I can transfer him (but I'll need to trade for the stone).

I'm glad he got Grass/Dragon, I've seen a lot of people ask for that so it's awesome that it happened. :)

Not overly excited about it for the most part since Gen 2 is my favorite, however the "Atom" devolutions sound awesome, and could possibly hint that this is a story only form and that they don't actually have megas... interesting stuff.
What're you doing in this section of the forum? I thought PM's Social Thread was your little lurker nest. ¦D

Anywho, I like Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert.

But what the **** did they do to my Brendan and May?

Morbi

Scavenger
What're you doing in this section of the forum? I thought PM's Social Thread was your little lurker nest. ¦D

Anywho, I like Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert.

But what the **** did they do to my Brendan and May?
I actually quite like their creepy modern designs. They look hip and now, what all of the cool kids are doing.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
It still is, but I'm expanding my domain. :p

Mostly I just came here to fish for ideas on what anyone wants me to test for Pika/Zard on Wednesday, but I realized this was a bustling place, and decided to stay. That CoroCoro reveal was well timed. Lots of chances to chime in right now.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Kyurem is returning to one of his original formes, and is effectively a devolution. So is Mega Aerodactyl, as he's actually based upon his oldest form.

They weren't shown as Megas either in any of the writing, but origin formes when translated from what people can tell. Forme changes, easily.
Black/White Kyurem is not a devolution, it's a combination that is a step to the form that the three counterparts are supposed to be. These things are "devolving" into their primordial or primal states, not combining to form a complete being.

As for the writing, the thing is they aren't referred to as forms either, they're something different, and that's why I think it's Mega Evolution with a tweak. Devolution is the opposite of evolution, it's a reversion of a change, a change of which is the root of Mega Evolution. If they're devolving or degenerating into these appearances, then I think the connection lies more with it being some form of Mega Evolution then some random form.

And appearance-wise, it's unusual for form changes to be so miniscule as well considering those like Giratina-O and the aforementioned B/W-Kyurem. So that being the case, it's no more or less likely to be Mega Evolutions over forms just because they don't change much, they can easily make them Mega Evolutions that have minor changes just as much as they could forms.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It still is, but I'm expanding my domain. :p

Mostly I just came here to fish for ideas on what anyone wants me to test for Pika/Zard on Wednesday, but I realized this was a bustling place, and decided to stay. That CoroCoro reveal was well timed. Lots of chances to chime in right now.
Well, nice to have you around, my good buddy. :3

Try not to get wrapped up in everyone's lunacy here. Like that @PsychoIncarnate guy. He needs help, big time. ¦D

I actually quite like their creepy modern designs. They look hip and now, what all of the cool kids are doing.
I know you're being sarcastic but I still wanna twist your index finger so hard for saying that. XD

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
No, usually I dedicate my avatar to fairly close future event tie-ins. I've already had countless Sonic avatars, so I decided to bring in a Tails avatar
...ok? "But when in doubt,tails."
You have digged your way out of SFF,for it is now Skeptic! For you are always doubtful when Tails is your avatar :troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, nice to have you around, my good buddy. :3

Try not to get wrapped up in everyone's lunacy here. Like that @PsychoIncarnate guy. He needs help, big time. ¦D

I know you're being sarcastic but I still wanna twist your index finger so hard for saying that. XD
My index finger? That was very specific, can you not just gouge out my eyes or something less creepy?

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...ok? "But when in doubt,tails."
You have digged your way out of SFF,for it is now Skeptic! For you are always doubtful when Tails is your avatar :troll:
Your joke is bad and you shouldn't give a damn and stick with it anyway like the schmuck you are. ¦D

My index finger? That was very specific, can you not just gouge out my eyes or something less creepy?
Of course not. You only have two eyes but you have fingers and two thumbs, thus giving me more things to twist for different occasions. =D

Or is asking for your eyes to be gouged out your way of subtly asking to be skull****ed? ¦D

Wow...I'm feeling awfully violent today. O~o

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That was just one of my clever pranks, like the time a while back I edited a quote by Moon Monkey to make it look like he said Steve would be a better chance than Ike from Fire Emblem for a presidential campaign
But it's not really a prank. It's just an edit.

But shouldn't we embrace the lunacy?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom