• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Blue Screen of Death?
Nope. ;)

And those cuts in Mega Sceppy's crests and arm leaves aren't very appealing, but I got my wish with the typing, so I can't complain all too much. And it's a Mega Evolution, so that design is only temporary anyway.

I really hope Ancient Devolution isn't just a copy of Mega Evolution.
Rumor has it that Pokemon is planning another evolution method that involves downloading a bunch of data. Might be called Digivolution or something.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I just saw the new Mega Evolutions, Sceptile looks great and all, but Swampert? Yo, Sceptile, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but Swampert had one of the best Mega Evolutions of all time! One of the best Mega Evolutions of all time!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Wait wait, DEvolution?

Good grief... what's this all about?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Woah. Just, woah.

All in all Sceptile's is the best out of the three, but I'm still getting Mudkip. I already have Treecko in X so if I really want to see his evolution I can transfer him (but I'll need to trade for the stone).

I'm glad he got Grass/Dragon, I've seen a lot of people ask for that so it's awesome that it happened. :)

Not overly excited about it for the most part since Gen 2 is my favorite, however the "Atom" devolutions sound awesome, and could possibly hint that this is a story only form and that they don't actually have megas... interesting stuff.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Why is Mega Sceptile's ability so bad though? Lightening rod for a Pokemon that already 4x resists electric attacks? What were they thinking? Swift swim for Mega Swampert is going to be terrifying though. Swift swim Kingdra was scary enough last gen but Swampert is already a solid pokemon with only one real major weakness. It's still not as broken as speed boost Mega Blaziken but I wouldn't be surprised if it wound up being a staple in Ubers.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Why is Mega Sceptile's ability so bad though? Lightening rod for a Pokemon that already 4x resists electric attacks? What were they thinking? Swift swim for Mega Swampert is going to be terrifying though. Swift swim Kingdra was scary enough last gen but Swampert is already a solid pokemon with only one real major weakness. It's still not as broken as speed boost Mega Blaziken but I wouldn't be surprised if it wound up being a staple in Ubers.
It gives a special attack boost.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I like all of the Hoenn starters' forms except Swampert and Combusken. Treeko was therefore, the natural choice.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Why is Mega Sceptile's ability so bad though? Lightening rod for a Pokemon that already 4x resists electric attacks? What were they thinking?
Possibly making M Sceptile the best for doubles support, since Lightningrod draws any electric attack then a good doubles partner for him would be a Pokemon that would normally get wrecked by electricity.

Other than that, it's pretty terrible.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Possibly making M Sceptile the best for doubles support, since Lightningrod draws any electric attack then a good doubles partner for him would be a Pokemon that would normally get wrecked by electricity.

Other than that, it's pretty terrible.
Lightning Rod boosts the special attack now too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
At least it's not Sap Sipper Swampert. That would be kind of OP. Not that it matters, I'm probably sticking with Blaziken as it is. It's easily my favorite starter.

Lightning Rod boosts the special attack now too.
Might as well spam Energy Ball, or Dragon Pulse.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
...Yeah, that's a big WTF.
If only there was an ability that helped a Pokemon resist Ice-type attacks.

I really hope Sceptile won't replace Purin in Smash...
As much as I want all veterans to return...
I-I'd actually be okay with this.

----

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It gives a special attack boost.
I know what it does but in OU and Ubers it's not going to be too often that someone is just going to flat out use an electric attack, especially when electric types aren't that common in these tiers to begin with, so it would be a very hard prediction to make to make the set up work. It's not like storm drain or water absorb because water attacks and types are pretty common so it's very situational.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom