• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
@ early conversation

Mickey Mouse usually isn't depicted as a very wealthy character

Although he DOES own the house of mouse, which seems to be the most swinging joint for Disney characters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Bad things, LOL.
Depends. He could have gotten some stern talking to or something. Maybe it could sway his way of thinking. I kind of would like to know what would happen if Miyamoto was the President. Though I don't know how interested he'd be about it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
@ early conversation

Mickey Mouse usually isn't depicted as a very wealthy character

Although he DOES own the house of mouse, which seems to be the most swinging joint for Disney characters
Mickey's an everyman which is why I find him boring compared to Donald and Goofy. The new Mickey shorts, however, have dealt with this in hilarious fashion and commonly depict him as having a lot of faults that make him seem more realistic overall.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think he was envisioning Mickey as a stand-in for Disney.
Yeah, but when there are OTHER Disney characters with their usual depiction, envisioning Mickey Mouse as a stand in for a company doesn't make sense

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, but when there are OTHER Disney characters with their usual depiction, envisioning Mickey Mouse as a stand in for a company doesn't make sense
You could imagine the version from South Park. At least then, you know he can turn into a giant.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Mickey's an everyman which is why I find him boring compared to Donald and Goofy. The new Mickey shorts, however, have dealt with this in hilarious fashion and commonly depict him as having a lot of faults that make him seem more realistic overall.
The new Mickey shorts are hilarious! I really like how Mickey is sometimes shown to have a short fuse/level of patience.

"Goofy, we love you, but you invited yourself along, you lit a fire at our table, AND YOU ATE MINNIE!"

And of course that line that made me laugh hysterically and love the shorts for some reason
"Stupid Landlord..."

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just so ya know. I usually don't post this often. I'm just leaving bait for @MorbidAltruism , so he can get me higher on the rankings of ''most likes gotten''.
Morbid always gives likes. He's like the Giving Tree of Smashboards.
By that logic we're going to cut him and use his limbs and build a house.
It'll hopefully be beautiful after we sit on his stump foot.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Morbid always gives likes. He's like the Giving Tree of Smashboards.
By that logic we're going to cut him and use his limbs and build a house.
It'll hopefully be beautiful after we sit on his stump foot.
You know, that giving tree story... it always made me sad. The Giving Tree let himself be slaughtered for the happiness of others. If I did a live action remake of the story, the moral of the story would be to be strong enough to say no.

Seriously, the Giving Tree might still be alive had he just learned to stand up and say "You know what. You can't have my limbs. I NEED my limbs... and if you aren't OK with that... then you aren't my friend" and if he tries to cut him up, then the Giving Tree can pick up the dude and throw him through 5 houses while Slipknot plays in the background, resulting in the ending shot being the Giving Tree finally learning to be a confident individual that can say no, and we last see the tree headbanging violently to Slipknot with his leaves flying all over the place.

Coolest movie ever, yessum it is!

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Honestly, I have these predictions as far as reveals for the next few months

July- One reveal
Mewtwo or Ness

August- 2 reveals
Direct- Krystal
Wario

September- Two reveals
Direct- Prowl or Chrom
Captain Falcon

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I know Jigglypuff is a secret character, but I really want her to be revealed so people can finally stop saying she'll be cut. :(
I also want to see if she has some fairy charm in her moveset now. Also, rest back at full power.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm back from being out of town. Had fun.

Also, very happy with the new Mii Fighters information. I can actually test out combinations~ I do see how they might be banned competitively due to this, though. The completely random B moveset doesn't help either. There could be an OP combo...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The new Mickey shorts are hilarious! I really like how Mickey is sometimes shown to have a short fuse/level of patience.

"Goofy, we love you, but you invited yourself along, you lit a fire at our table, AND YOU ATE MINNIE!"

And of course that line that made me laugh hysterically and love the shorts for some reason
"Stupid Landlord..."
Yeah they are pretty funny. I think one of the Cartoon Network guys works on them. He also helped out with shows like Dexter's Lab and junk. It kind of has a similar style of humor to it.

Honestly, I have these predictions as far as reveals for the next few months

July- One reveal
Mewtwo or Ness

August- 2 reveals
Direct- Krystal
Wario

September- Two reveals
Direct- Prowl or Chrom
Captain Falcon
I wouldn't put to much stock in seeing Krystal. If we do see Mewtwo in Smash 4, he's the one that'd likely be seen in a direct, given his massive popularity.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm back from being out of town. Had fun.

Also, very happy with the new Mii Fighters information. I can actually test out combinations~ I do see how they might be banned competitively due to this, though. The completely random B moveset doesn't help either. There could be an OP combo...
You didn't really miss much, except just yesterday a buncha people started a fight here and the mods locked the thread for a few hours.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Depends. He could have gotten some stern talking to or something. Maybe it could sway his way of thinking. I kind of would like to know what would happen if Miyamoto was the President. Though I don't know how interested he'd be about it.
Miyamoto has never really come off to me as an invdiudial who would want that kind of position. He seems like he's more attached to developing games which is something you kind of lose when you take that kind of position.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You didn't really miss much, except just yesterday a buncha people started a fight here and the mods locked the thread for a few hours.
I was on my phone. I know all about it. Anyway, no biggie. I had enough support from the awesome people here that those other guys couldn't get me down. I couldn't be more happy to have great friends like you guys. :)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Miyamoto has never really come off to me as an invdiudial who would want that kind of position. He seems like he's more attached to developing games which is something you kind of lose when you take that kind of position.
Yeah, I figured as much. But at the same time, I could see him as a positive influence as President of Nintendo, possibly encouraging them to branch out some ideas while giving the people what they want. Oh well.

Anyway, is anyone else interested in Azure Gunvolt? It's the other Megaman-styled game made by Comcept. Though I like the style of Mighty No. 9 more, it's just more appealing. But they both are cool enough I guess.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I was on my phone. I know all about it. Anyway, no biggie. I had enough support from the awesome people here that those other guys couldn't get me down. I couldn't be more happy to have great friends like you guys. :)
Awww... :3

Hug time? :D

Didn't he step down from some big position to have more time developing for games?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Ok. So I was just browsing through the internet about the Phoenix Wright series. I was looking at Phoenix's voice actor page (Sam Riegel) and noticed something that caught my attention.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0726184/?ref_=tt_cl_t7

Look under the actor credentials on the link above. It mentions that Sam Riegel is currently recording (or filming as it says) dialogue for Phoenix Wright for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

Is there any legitmacy to this? Will Phoenix Wright cameo in the game?

Attachments

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
NINTENDO BUY COMCEPT AFTER MEGA MAN!

Ok. So I was just browsing through the internet about the Phoenix Wright series. I was looking at Phoenix's voice actor page (Sam Riegel) and noticed something that caught my attention.

Look under the actor credentials on the link above. It mentions that Sam Riegel is currently recording (or filming as it says) dialogue for Phoenix Wright for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

Yeah, don't trust IMDB when it comes to predicting characters. They can edit entries just like Wikipedia.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

It's imbd. Trust nothing they say...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

"Stupid Landlord..."
I like how every short has its own theme and its even reflected in the background art. Also, I can't begin to describe how much I love Mickey speaking different languages in some of the shorts and all the nods to classic Disney shorts. Mickey Mouse Works in the 2000's sort of got what made the Disney shorts of the 1930s and 1940s great but these just run away with it. Beautiful art, fantastic pacing, genuinely funny gags, and likeable characters.

D

Deleted member

I was going to edit the IMDb page and credit a ton of people as voicing characters obviously not in the game, as well as Lucas's VA to trick people who still use IMDb as a source into thinking that there is now "evidence" for their being in the game, but IMDb is being dumb. Maybe another time...

Last edited by a moderator:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I was going to edit the IMDb page and credit a ton of people as voicing characters obviously not in the game, as well as Lucas's VA to trick people who still use IMDb as a source into thinking that there is now "evidence" for their being in the game, but IMDb is being dumb. Maybe another time...
Umm...Wouldn't that mean IMDb is being smart? :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Add Mike Meyers in there too. Just to put the icing on the cake. You know it'd be funny.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Umm...Wouldn't that mean IMDb is being smart? :p
Technically, yes.
Add Mike Meyers in there too. Just to put the icing on the cake. You know it'd be funny.
Of course.
Mike Meyers will voicing Shrek, Bill Nye will voicing Palutena, David Hayter will voicing Snake, Lani Minella will voicing Lucas, Chiwa Saito will be voicing Mewtwo, and Sean Schemmel will be voicing Goku.

GUYS THIS IS ALL REAL INFORMATION FROM IMDB.
or at least, it would be if the site would let me edit

D

Deleted member

I have to see this.
I don't care how, I just want this to exist.
It's currently on the site. I'll screencap it while it lasts, and then we'll have to wait until voice mods are possible for Smash 4.

Bill Nye as Palutena VA confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom