• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The game would probably end up being less technical in order to make a wider audience for the game.
FYI Sakurai =/= Nintendo. Nintendo didn't pressure Sakurai to make Brawl as he did. He did it of his own accord, Miyamato himself, or some other big Nintendo Japanese develpor, said they would have just did a updated Melee instead.

Try harder.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
One of the biggest things about capcom that people tend not to talk about:

They're not actively trying to get a buyout. They simply don't have a rule that says nobody can buy them anymore. From my understanding they are continuing business as normal, they're not shutting down any time soon from anyone's estimation. They might never get bought, they might get bought soon. None of us really know anything about how the industry really works. It'll probably be some random company like facebook that buys them, because it makes sense to their company, not because it makes sense to us.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I have a hard time imagining the company simply dying. Even if it comes to a corporate garage sale of Capcom's best franchises amongst several buyers, I feel that they will be salvaged somehow. I have a hard time seeing the gaming industry simply letting franchises like Megaman, Street Fighter, and Resident Evil disappear entirely.
It doesn't matter how famous those franchises are, nothing is forever, everything has it's end.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
FYI Sakurai =/= Nintendo. Nintendo didn't pressure Sakurai to make Brawl as he did. He did it of his own accord, Miyamato himself, or some other big Nintendo Japanese develpor, said they would have just did a updated Melee instead.

Try harder/.
Try harder? I don't really have to... But I do remember you saying something about gamers getting too much handholding these days. Even if "Sakurai =/= Nintendo" Nintendo likes to make old franchises cater to newer gamers. If they take street fighter the same thing would happen eventually.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I have a hard time imagining the company simply dying. Even if it comes to a corporate garage sale of Capcom's best franchises amongst several buyers, I feel that they will be salvaged somehow. I have a hard time seeing the gaming industry simply letting franchises like Megaman, Street Fighter, and Resident Evil disappear entirely.
Exactly. Capcom might not be in the best shape ever, but they aren't completely screwed over. Besides, even if they got bought out, their respective series, some of the most iconic games series, like Megaman, Street Fighter, and Resident Evil, are at least bound to have new owners. Whether or not that's a good thing, I can't say.

One of the biggest things about capcom that people tend not to talk about:

They're not actively trying to get a buyout. They simply don't have a rule that says nobody can buy them anymore. From my understanding they are continuing business as normal, they're not shutting down any time soon from anyone's estimation. They might never get bought, they might get bought soon. None of us really know anything about how the industry really works. It'll probably be some random company like facebook that buys them, because it makes sense to their company, not because it makes sense to us.
That much is true too. Chances are that they won't be bought out. Unless they really, really, really screw up. I think they need to focus on some smaller projects for a little while. More games like Strider and Megaman 9.(not that it HAS to be 8-Bit)

Imagine if all fictional characters ever created got all in a fight together. Who would win? No one knows.
Kirby. He'd just absorb all of the strongest fighters and then wreck the weaklings left behind.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Try harder? I don't really have to... But I do remember you saying something about gamers getting too much handholding these days. Even if "Sakurai =/= Nintendo" Nintendo likes to make old franchises cater to newer gamers. If they take street fighter the same thing would happen eventually.
Pikmin 3.

I'm not even joking. The hand-holding in that game is actually very minimal, and you can actually decide how much you want it to hold your hand.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Seriously though, the ultimate showdown should be a real movie directed by the transformers director.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It doesn't matter how famous those franchises are, nothing is forever, everything has it's end.
It very well could end up this way but, off the top of my head, I can't think of a major video game franchise that was just simply allowed to die with it's company. Suppose it was Nintendo in this position instead. Would nobody want to try to salvage Mario or Pokemon? Given their history and their overall appeal, I think someone would see potential in them even if Nintendo was on the edge of financial ruin and try to put their own spin on these IPs.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Pikmin 3.

I'm not even joking. The hand-holding in that game is actually very minimal, and you can actually decide how much you want it to hold your hand.
But its still there to take advantage of right? I mean sure you could be right and Nintendo doesn't change gameplay elements too much to cater to newer gamers but I just think its likely to happen. I've actually never played any Pikmin games so I don't know the kind of help system that game has.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
It very well could end up this way but, off the top of my head, I can't think of a major video game franchise that was just simply allowed to die with it's company. Suppose it was Nintendo in this position instead. Would nobody want to try to salvage Mario or Pokemon? Given their history and their overall appeal, I think someone would see potential in them even if Nintendo was on the edge of financial ruin and try to put their own spin on these IPs.
Nintendo would go third party if that ever happened, all I'm saying is that the worst can happen in this scenario.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh the irony in this statement.
"No don't you get it, Sega it totally different." :p

Sarcasm aside, there hasn't been many companies whose franchises just vanish, even relatively unimportant ones like THQ. A company with iconic series Capcom(or Sega, Konami, Namco and what have you)are likely to live on in some fashion.

That's sort of how I see it. At the very least, we know people really care about Megaman, Street Fighter, Ace Attorney, and Resident Evil. There's bound to be a company or two that'll want to make cash off of them.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
But its still there to take advantage of right? I mean sure you could be right and Nintendo doesn't change gameplay elements too much to cater to newer gamers but I just think its likely to happen. I've actually never played any Pikmin games so I don't know the kind of help system that game has.
It tells you the controls. That's about it. Technically it tells you other things as well, but it is always after you discover it for yourself. The game also virtually leaves you by yourself when it comes to exploring and figuring out how to get important items.

Another game would be Wonderful 101, which is published by Nintendo, and though I have never played it myself. Every time I see people talk about it it's difficulty always gets mentioned as being hard.

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Aren't the Wario and DK games pretty hard as well? I was talking with a friend and he mentioned that Wario Land Shake Dimension is hard. I'm also currently playing Wario Land 4 and that game doesn't hold your hand. Ever. They just mention the controls and throw in the game.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
It tells you the controls. That's about it. Technically it tells you other things as well, but it is always after you discover it for yourself. The game also virtually leaves you by yourself when it comes to exploring and figuring out how to get important items.

Another game would be Wonderful 101, which is published by Nintendo, and though I have never played it myself. Every time I see people talk about it it's difficulty always gets mentioned as being hard.
Wonderful 101 was made by platinum games so it's kinda expected to be a difficult game though the worst part is its lack of control explanation. That and the camera kinda sucks. Even that game has easy and very easy modes haha.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I see Capcom and buying. It's one of those topics.

I'll just wait until I see a line of text with Philips and Banned,then I know ****'s getting real :troll:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
You want The Ultimate Showdown of Ulimate Destiny?

Yeah, there's a slew of characters such as Goku and Superman who would mop the floor with a huge margin of characters. But the problem with that is they all have weaknesses or loopholes to supplant their powers. They'll just be extremely resilient at the very least. Probably coming back death after death to only serve as a nuisance to more omnipotent characters.

Think outside the box. Surely, not a lot of our culturally-relevant figures have the best outcome compared to some. Bring in years worth of literature, theater, as well as epoches from early stages of certain mediums. The Old Ones of H.P. Lovecraft fame, Doc Savage, etc. Might as well throw in pantheons of myriads of religions there. Hell, imagine all the alternate universe interpretations of God, Satan, Thor, etc. Even some of the heroes of ancient yore who in many ways paved the way for just about every hero. Throw in Gilgamesh, Beowulf, Odysseus, Hercules! The blood from such an armeggedon's so large that it would probably wash away human imagination!

Oh, but cradle yourselves tight, my friends. I haven't even gone over the worst part. We're accounting all human imagination here. Insurmountable swaths of which we don't know exist. Surely, there's something spurred off one's imagination that would be ludicrously powerful enough to be nigh unkillable. Multiply that by the human population throughout the dawn of writing! But who do I speak of? Well, you can find them just a few clicks away on your Internet browser. They're poorly-developed chimeras stitched together into one entity. One entity explicably so powerful that the universe aligns with them on their every intent. Touted as 'original' by the bellicose teenaged gits who spawn them into thought! I speak of the tide of "Original Fan Characters." Do not steal!

So under all this, get ready for all your beloved characters to meet their banes. By the hands of Darkflame the Hedgefox, Alicorn Princess Sunshine Twinkle, and the 666th Hogake, Vegokutrunks in Super Saiyan x9000, wielding 3 Ultima Keyblades!

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I see Capcom and buying. It's one of those topics.

I'll just wait until I see a line of text with Philips and Banned,then I know ****'s getting real :troll:
I agree, people are just getting overexcited about this whole Capcom thing, to tell the truth I think Nintendo would've done it by now if they would ever consider it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I agree, people are just getting overexcited about this whole Capcom thing, to tell the truth I think Nintendo would've done it by now if they would ever consider it.
If anything it would be announced in the next Nintendo direct followed by a newcomer possibly for smash.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would hardly call discussing it, being "overexcited". But whatever, Capcom's likely not to get bought out for a while, these kinds of things take some time.

In other news, Iwata got voted to be Nintendo's President again. Not too sure what this means for the direction the company will be going though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom