• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
It's not the 3DS I'm stressed about. Custom movesets would work fine there (since everyone would have to bring their own games anyway, so it won't cause as big of a hassle).
But what about the Wii U?
I know I'm "That 3DS Guy" but I can actually chime in on the Wii U. Yeah, it looks like it will be a serious issue, especially with time constraints. This may however, end up being a good thing in a way. Let those who want a standard move only meta to have one (figuring out if Palutena can work, and probably just killing the Miis with fire) and have the 3DS have the customization meta. BOOM. Both games get their own legitimacy, a separate meta, tier list, the whole shebang.

It'd let people have both, and give the 3DS something special too so we can reduce the in fighting of "the Wii U is the only way to play" kinda attitude which is hurting parts of the community, and the "give the 3DS a chance at least" people as well. It may even be the way to stop the 3DS vs Wii U kinda thing from happening. Certainly, it'd give us a way to have more events at tournaments so those who travel would be getting the most bang for their buck (the reason we added doubles to events).

Though I won't lie either, there will be those Wii U and 3DS players who'd hate the idea of their console being restricted to one sort of play either. It's definitely not a perfect plan.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I don't want to sound like a troll here, but Miis look super ugly and unfitting when put next to actual Nintendo characters. It's stuff like this that makes me glad they'll be banned online.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
If a customizable meta is in place, the TOs would have to decide on some time-limited process to process all customizations before a set begins.

Like, the champion select process before a match of League of Legends, for example. You have roughly a few minutes to adjust rune pages, masteries, etc., most of which have been determined by preset but remain editable nonetheless. And yes, I don't assume this is just what it's going to look like nor will it insta-fix the issue in SSB4.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't want to sound like a troll here, but Miis look super ugly and unfitting when put next to actual Nintendo characters. It's stuff like this that makes me glad they'll be banned online.
TROLL!

How are they ugly? It really depends on you to make it beautiful or ugly. And remember,they're able to be used online. Only with your friends,though.
Show your Gunner Hitlers to your friends! Only $59.99!

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
It makes me feel bad since the Miis do have the potential to be cool, and playing as whoever you like (including yourself) could be fun as well, but at this point I wish that all of the time that had been put into Miis could have been put into giving us 3 newcomers from franchises that haven't had representation yet. It sucks that they possibly took time away from us getting some people we seriously wanted or deserved to get in.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
See, I was kinda hoping the Amiibo would be the answer. Allowing your custom moveset portability.
But since that's not happening I really don't know at this point.

I know I'm "That 3DS Guy" but I can actually chime in on the Wii U. Yeah, it looks like it will be a serious issue, especially with time constraints. This may however, end up being a good thing in a way. Let those who want a standard move only meta to have one (figuring out if Palutena can work, and probably just killing the Miis with fire) and have the 3DS have the customization meta. BOOM. Both games get their own legitimacy, a separate meta, tier list, the whole shebang.

It'd let people have both, and give the 3DS something special too so we can reduce the in fighting of "the Wii U is the only way to play" kinda attitude which is hurting parts of the community, and the "give the 3DS a chance at least" people as well. It may even be the way to stop the 3DS vs Wii U kinda thing from happening. Certainly, it'd give us a way to have more events at tournaments so those who travel would be getting the most bang for their buck (the reason we added doubles to events).

Though I won't lie either, there will be those Wii U and 3DS players who'd hate the idea of their console being restricted to one sort of play either. It's definitely not a perfect plan.
All I know is there will be blood.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
If we can't have Amiibos, just be that guy who would smolder the plastic character models down to the base for a pulpy brown mass, smuggle them through, and switch your movesets in while no one's looking. Torch dem mudda****ers!

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
TROLL!

How are they ugly? It really depends on you to make it beautiful or ugly. And remember,they're able to be used online. Only with your friends,though.
Show your Gunner Hitlers to your friends! Only $59.99!
By "ugly" I just mean aesthetically unfitting to the game.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Speaking of things relating to search history.
It still puzzles me as to why a compilation of all MLP songs is a recommended video on Youtube for me.

Also I've been thinking this ever since I saw the first trailer for the new TMNT movie
T-tell me that isn't real

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Oh it is.
It's from the Super Mario Bros movie a while back. Those are Goombas BTW.
Yeah... I recall that and I think it was the first time in my young life where I saw it where I first used: Wait, what?

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It makes me feel bad since the Miis do have the potential to be cool, and playing as whoever you like (including yourself) could be fun as well, but at this point I wish that all of the time that had been put into Miis could have been put into giving us 3 newcomers from franchises that haven't had representation yet. It sucks that they possibly took time away from us getting some people we seriously wanted or deserved to get in.
It kinda makes me cringe that the Gunner Mii could have easily been Saki or any other Sin & Punishment character. We could have gotten a really cool S&P stage and a nice selection of songs too. I mean yeah sure i could technically make a S&P character Mii but it's still pretty lame. Honestly, Mii Fighter should have sufficed as the only playstyle.

I guess i'll get over it in due time...

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
It kinda makes me cringe that the Gunner Mii could have easily been Saki or any other Sin & Punishment character. We could have gotten a really cool S&P stage and a nice selection of songs too. I mean yeah sure i could technically make a S&P character Mii but it's still pretty lame. Honestly, Mii Fighter should have sufficed as the only playstyle.

I guess i'll get over it in due time...
I felt more then anything that we got a Samus ripoff. Heck, the sword characters are just what we need, another Marth/Ike with PROJECTILES EVEN. The fighter looks honestly like a Little Mac/Mario combo. I hope I'm proven wrong, but they look right now to just add complex junk to the game when we could have had 3 solid awesome new characters (I'd even be down for clones at this point.)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The Miis are pretty much semi-clones of multiple character if you haven't already notice.

Fighter Mii shares a lot of physical hand moves with other characters, especially Mac.

Sword Miis share a lot of Marth and Link.

Gun Miis share a lot of Samus and Megaman.

The thing is, instead of just being a semi-clone of a single character it is of multiple characters. Which is interesting to say the least. You can actually play as hybrid characters now, albeit limited.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I dunno, maybe it'll turn out better then expected. I think a lot of the issues for customization will be on how the height and weight are handled. Mario Kart style could be possible to work with, but if it gets hyper specific it's going to be a big pain. I don't want to have to worry about Mii vs Mii with the slider inched up by one space somehow effecting hitboxes enough to screw me up.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Bigger = slower but more powerful and easier to hit

Smaller = faster but weaker and harder to hit

Even without Sakurai's confirmation on it, that was pretty obvious from the get go. The Smaller Miss will probably be the more lethal one, though it would depend on just how weak their kill power is.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Well we could have "middle" too. Do you think it will only be based on height? If so it's make life a ton easier, as people would always use a skinny mii to have the smaller hurtbox.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well we could have "middle" too. Do you think it will only be based on height? If so it's make life a ton easier, as people would always use a skinny mii to have the smaller hurtbox.
Yes, I think it will only be based on height.

If you notice, Sakurai said smaller Miis are faster, not skinnier ones. And he said bigger Miis are more powerful, which implies being slower and small ones being weaker. And on the Pic the 2 Miis he should off weren't fat. So yea, I think only height will make the difference. I think they might set characters to a default weight for heights instead.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
It's so weird, a character being banned means nothing to me haha. I actually didn't even really know about the competitive scene until about a year or two ago, because I just play smash with my friends or by myself, it's like a whole other culture with the "Hardcore" from us "Casuals" (Even though I've sunk hundreds of h
Bigger = slower but more powerful and easier to hit

Smaller = faster but weaker and harder to hit

Even without Sakurai's confirmation on it, that was pretty obvious from the get go. The Smaller Miss will probably be the more lethal one, though it would depend on just how weak their kill power is.
Not really. It would have been pretty easy to assume that if you pick one class, it has a base speed and power associated with it, so I think it's cool that he clarified that.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Not really. It would have been pretty easy to assume that if you pick one class, it has a base speed and power associated with it, so I think it's cool that he clarified that.
Sort of.

It's also obvious the different classes will indeed have their own bases to them along with height playing a role in tuning up or tuning down the bases.

D

Deleted member

Brawl Minus Meta Knight's 45% suicide "Come back when you can put up a fight" up throw should be in Smash 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom