• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Random question because I know some of you are fans, I recently finished watching Kill La Kill so to those of you who've actually seen it, what did you think of it as a whole?
it's kind of... ickily fanservicy at points
it's fairly good overall but not flawless or anything

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
And in fact, lots of people immediately started discussing gameplay.
It was maybe 3 people, and all of it happened because of Psycho, a long-time good poster, reliably posted something good related to Ridley with gameplay concepts. And while some people followed up on the interesting subjects he raised (namely air grabs, something I've talked at lengths about before). It also was immediately brushed over and generally forgotten about, like all gameplay discussion.
The thread/posters are only as bad as you make them out to be.
I've been around since 2007. I've seen what happens, and while there are quality posters, it's not exactly flourishing. It's certainly gotten better from the Club R.I.D.L.E.Y. days, but honestly, it couldn't be worse than that. Regardless, that thread is still mostly bad, and it isn't where it should be.

However, you could say that about most the threads, since they're glorified fan clubs rather than character-related gameplay focused hubs because people care more about "muh reps/sales/recuncy/fuvurites" than actual gameplay, because apparently no one plays the games, but instead just stares at the character select screen.

Of course it doesn't help when the staff continues with the tradition of the Ridley thread being an abomination.

If you want a look at what that board should look like, take a look at the K. Rool thread. Now that's a good thread.
Rather than talk smack about it here or in private, you should man up and share your thoughts on said thread.
First off, I'm not "talking smack", I'm talking legitimate criticism of the thread and the culture of the thread. I think people who want to actually discuss Ridley as a potential newcomer in smash deserve better. I also in general want to see the community thrive, and I feel gameplay talk is a sign of that.

Second off, this isn't private. The only opinions I keep private are off-topic opinions (I don't post my thoughts on movies here, I go to another thread on another board or another site entirely), ones that don't belong here, or ones that I'm still forming (mostly in terms of how to present them) for the public to see.

Third off, I have shared my thoughts in that thread since before you've joined this site, so that criticism isn't even remotely fair. The only times I didn't share my thoughts about what's going on there is when the thread (in its' multiple incarnation dating to before Brawl came out) is when it is locked, or when all Ridley discussion was flat out banned in the pre-Brawl days.

Since we're insisting, I'll post this post in both the Social and Ridley threads. That way I can "man up" more than you and your petty insults and passive-aggressive machismo, and post in a thread for each ball I have. Nah, I'll stop at 2. I don't want to brag about my other balls. That come off as obsessive.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Did you guys hear about the concept art for MKX? Apparently, Ermac got leaked. He's got more of a witch doctor or wizard look to him. Still retains some ninja aspects too. This might be one of my favorite Ermac designs, though I liked his MK9 and Deception designs a lot too. Glad to see he's probably going to come back in MKX.

Morbi

Scavenger
It was maybe 3 people, and all of it happened because of Psycho, a long-time good poster, reliably posted something good related to Ridley with gameplay concepts. And while some people followed up on the interesting subjects he raised (namely air grabs, something I've talked at lengths about before). It also was immediately brushed over and generally forgotten about, like all gameplay discussion.

I've been around since 2007. I've seen what happens, and while there are quality posters, it's not exactly flourishing. It's certainly gotten better from the Club R.I.D.L.E.Y. days, but honestly, it couldn't be worse than that. Regardless, that thread is still mostly bad, and it isn't where it should be.

However, you could say that about most the threads, since they're glorified fan clubs rather than character-related gameplay focused hubs because people care more about "muh reps/sales/recuncy/fuvurites" than actual gameplay, because apparently no one plays the games, but instead just stares at the character select screen.

Of course it doesn't help when the staff continues with the tradition of the Ridley thread being an abomination.

If you want a look at what that board should look like, take a look at the K. Rool thread. Now that's a good thread.

First off, I'm not "talking smack", I'm talking legitimate criticism of the thread and the culture of the thread. I think people who want to actually discuss Ridley as a potential newcomer in smash deserve better. I also in general want to see the community thrive, and I feel gameplay talk is a sign of that.

Second off, this isn't private. The only opinions I keep private are off-topic opinions (I don't post my thoughts on movies here, I go to another thread on another board or another site entirely), ones that don't belong here, or ones that I'm still forming (mostly in terms of how to present them) for the public to see.

Third off, I have shared my thoughts in that thread since before you've joined this site, so that criticism isn't even remotely fair. The only times I didn't share my thoughts about what's going on there is when the thread (in its' multiple incarnation dating to before Brawl came out) is when it is locked, or when all Ridley discussion was flat out banned in the pre-Brawl days.

Since we're insisting, I'll post this post in both the Social and Ridley threads. That way I can "man up" more than you and your petty insults and passive-aggressive machismo, and post in a thread for each ball I have. Nah, I'll stop at 2. I don't want to brag about my other balls. That come off as obsessive.
Your pretentious posts based on your arbitrary expectations of other individuals conduct never ceases to intrigue me. I am going to be concise; people do not talk about characters in regards to game-play as everything is subjective within reason. The only game-play related discussion pertaining to characters is limited as most people adhere to archetypes and suggesting something that is not within those standards will be met with criticism. It is really simple. I do not believe that you were asking though, you just felt as though it was necessary for you to assert your opinion.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
As for Diglett, I don't get Pokemon evolutions that creates more of the same Pokemon. Are you sure you are not being scammed?

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I think you missed the point of that post.
You guys need to worship different Pokemon...
I am their leader. You got a problem with our fold, you come to me.

We, if I may speak for all Lucario fans, respect your opinion. But we also completely ignore it. I hope you'll come to terms with this, friend. :4lucario:

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Did you guys hear about the concept art for MKX? Apparently, Ermac got leaked. He's got more of a witch doctor or wizard look to him. Still retains some ninja aspects too. This might be one of my favorite Ermac designs, though I liked his MK9 and Deception designs a lot too. Glad to see he's probably going to come back in MKX.

Looks like Assassin Creed x Scarecrow from batman

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Two penguins are sitting in a bath tub. One penguin turns to the other and asks, "Why are we in a bath tub?" The other penguin replies, "OMG! A talking penguin!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom