• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
What is with those silly Brits they sound funny and spell center as centre ahahahahapenis

For buying a gun, it's at least 18 in every state except Vermont (where it's 16 for some reason). Owning is a different story. "Gun culture" is a very real thing here in the states, especially in a lot of rural areas. Hunting has pretty much always been a big part of American culture too and, in a lot of counties, hunting seasons are treated as seriously as major holidays where people will ask off work and school.
I never saw the point in killing things for entertainment and sport. Well, maybe I did when I was a toddler.

I only want a gun so I can protect myself in case someone assaults or attacks me. Or maybe to kill things for food if I was somehow stranded in the wilderness and starving.

----

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
What is with those silly Brits they sound funny and spell center as centre ahahahahapenis

I never saw the point in killing things for entertainment and sport. Well, maybe I did when I was a toddler.

I only want a gun so I can protect myself in case someone assaults or attacks me.
I don't think killing anything is not worth it.

You kill an animal, what if you were the animal? What if someone killed you for a sport or entertainment? (not addressed towards you Treecko.)

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

Maybe you're already there, in the place the Demiurge has made for us all.

That's why you should live each day as best as you can and survive as best as you can.
Why should anyone strive to live my life "to the fullest" in the face of the inevitability of death?

That never quite made sense to me. There's a missing link between "inevitability of death" and "you should therefore live you life to the fullest".

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Why be afraid of the inevitable?

I mean, I don't like the idea of death. It's a huge mystery and you never know when will it happen.

That's why you should live each day as best as you can and survive as best as you can.
Because I'm paranoid.

Maybe you're already there, in the place the Demiurge has made for us all.
Well, unless said place is a Taco Bell. Then I think there's a few holes in that plan of yours.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A lot of hunters eat what they kill. I haven't run into that many "trophy hunters" in my life. As I said, a lot of it has to do with culture. Huntin' and fishin' is just a part of life in a good portion of the Midwest and South. I'm not all that into it myself but I live in an area where I'm surrounded by "country culture" so I understand it to a decent degree.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think killing anything is not worth it.

You kill an animal, what if you were the animal? What if someone killed you for a sport or entertainment? (not addressed towards you Treecko.)
Animals kill animals all the time

And yes, there are animals that will kill even when they aren't hungry

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I guess creating life is something your parents like to do.:rolleyes:
I think it's because they were against contraceptives or something lol! We were also homeschooled, didn't have tv, weren't allowed to go to movie theaters, mixed swimming parties...the list goes on! lol. But it was still a good life :)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
16 year olds Teenagers are functionally irresponsible and rebellious. Why would anyone want to have them driving around while intoxicated as well? Driving age should move up too.
I'm 15. I'm highly responsible and follow orders as I'm told. Are you saying that because my fellow teens can be blathering idiots, I must be punished for their actions?

I don't even care about alcohol, I'm talking driving.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I'm 15. I'm highly responsible and follow orders as I'm told. Are you saying that because my fellow teens can be blathering idiots, I must be punished for their actions?

You should be kept in a pen with that indignant attitude.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Dude, I'm a teenager, and even I know teens in general can be idiots.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

Yup. Its only a punishment if you look at it that way. Its more of a safety precaution. I'm 18 and I follow orders. I'm not rebellious either. I just wont take it personally if a law is trying to protect the majority (even if I have to wait to get my license). Teens are irresponsible.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Well, not everyone is equal. That needs to be said.

Even people around my age (and I'm 21) can be as stupid (if not more) than some teenagers.

Age is just a number. It just tells you how long have you been alive.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Dude, I'm a teenager, and even I know teens in general can be idiots.
I know, I'm not saying they aren't. I'm reminded of this grim fact every time I check Facebook.

Yup. Its only a punishment if you look at it that way. Its more of a safety precaution. I'm 18 and I follow orders. I'm not rebellious either. I just wont take it personally if a law is trying to protect the majority. Teens are irresponsible.
I understand. I was looking at it as "all teens r idiots so they must be stopped". I apologize.

Well, not everyone is equal. That needs to be said.

Even people around my age (and I'm 21) can be as stupid (if not more) than some teenagers.

Age is just a number. It just tells you how long have you been alive.
True. I know 3rd graders that act more mature than my classmates.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Man, I wasn't even allowed to start learning how to drive till I turned 18 (my parents are strict in a weird way, they wouldn't mind if I drank alcohol, as long as I wouldn't drink too much but I don't like the taste anyway, but wouldn't start letting me learn to drive till 18. They would also let me R rated moves when I was just like 8 but they were much stricter with games, had to follow age restrictions for games basically) which was back in March and I currently only have a drivers permit at this time and am still learning how to drive. >_>

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I haven't still learned to drive. (Though I may get into it this summer.)

It's not like I have that much of a necessity to learn so since I move around the city by bus... Or between cities by train.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
You hear that Frostwraith, I'm not afraid of you because you're a mod, I'm afraid because of your strong, muscular, 3-ton-lifting-with-each-hand brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom