• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I can beat any Level 9 CPU in Brawl with Ganondorf.
Well, side B reads are certainly more easy against them since they have a pattern when getting up. Also spamming auto canceled dairs is fun against them too :grin:
They meteor smash you when ya least expect it.
Just go for the ledge when you recover. Its always the safest option. I don't think that they go that low beneath the stage or follow up off the stage. At least in my experience.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, side B reads are certainly more easy against them since they have a pattern when getting up. Also spamming auto canceled dairs is fun against them too :grin:
Ganondorf is so fun to play as. He hits like a truck but it's hard to hit with his sluggish moves, so it's quite satisfying to successfully land hits and send foes flying. Hitting someone with a Warlock Punch at high % is the best thing ever.

Still, I hope he gets some buffs on SSB4. He needs them.

After all, Smash is the only chance I can play as my favorite character of the Zelda series. >:] :evil:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

Just go for the ledge when you recover. Its always the safest option. I don't think that they go that low beneath the stage or follow up off the stage. At least in my experience.
No no... they don't meteor smash me when I recover but when I try to hit them while they are recovering they hit me with a damn meteor smash.

I usually recover with tethers anyway.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I've been rewatching some of my old favorite Pixar movies,when,it hit me.

Toy Story 2 literally foreshadowed Toy Story 3!
All this from the quote from the antagonaist,Stinky Pete :

"Do you really think Andy will take you to college? Or even his honeymoon?"

THIS STUFF IS GROUNDBREAKING.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Ganondorf is so fun to play as. He hits like a truck but it's hard to hit with his sluggish moves, so it's quite satisfying to successfully land hits and send foes flying. Hitting someone with a Warlock Punch at high % is the best thing ever.

After all, Smash is the only chance I can play as my favorite character of the Zelda series. >:] :evil:
You and me share the same thoughts about Ganondorf.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
No no... they don't meteor smash me when I recover but when I try to hit them while they are recovering they hit me with a damn meteor smash.

I usually recover with tethers anyway.
Who were you Link?

This

They tried to differentiate him too much from Captain Falcon but without changing his moves. They made him too heavy and slow. I get that they were trying to get rid of clones and Falcon and Ganon feel totally different, but they shouldn't have just made him heavy to make him different. I wish that he had his signature ping pong magic ball move. Thats in like every game he's in. I don't know why they don't add that.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Who were you Link?

This

They tried to differentiate him too much from Captain Falcon but without changing his moves. They made him too heavy and slow. I get that they were trying to get rid of clones and Falcon and Ganon feel totally different, but they shouldn't have just made him heavy to make him different. I wish that he had his signature ping pong magic ball move. Thats in like every game he's in. I don't know why they don't add that.
If I used Link? No. I use all characters. I main the random button.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
If I used Link? No. I use all characters. I main the random button.

It takes a bold person to do that.

I stick with these guys. In order of my skill with each character :diddy::falco::zerosuitsamus::pit::toonlink::warioc: and every once in a while :kirby2:

Sometimes when I get beat with them :zelda: is my secret weapon. She is a terror for people who don't know the match up. She can punish rolls and spot dodges so well with her up smash. She's good against people with bad rolling and spot dodging habits. I know she's a low tier but I can do decently with her. Sometimes I get too antsy and follow up off the stage and I end up killing myself because her recovery is so poor. I just need to spam din's fire when they're off the stage.

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Nah, only when you can beat three level 9 Metaknights all on the same team as Jigglypuff on Final Destination with no items can you can call yourself a true Smash Master! :chuckle:

I tried this once, and failed miserably. :c

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The very last event match.... too hard. The only hope for beating it is that Mario kills himself twice.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I once succeeded. Or twice.
Of course you could... :rolleyes:

The very last event match.... too hard. The only hope for beating it is that Mario kills himself twice.
I kid you not, I actually beat that on hard on my second try, as Kirbeh. The trick is to float at the edge until Mario falls, then spam Up B, Down B over and over again until you win.

If I had a Brawl tier list, it'd probably be something like this:

A: Meta Knight
B:Dat Dare Kirbeh, Lucas
C:Everyone else
D:Adult Link, Pit
EJigglypuff

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Clearly people keep forgetting the Bowser Challenge. That's pretty much the hardest thing any Smasher can go up against. In terms of artificial difficulty, I'd say 3 Japanese Melee Marths LV9.

[For those who don't know, it's taking 3 skilled Bowser players on one team, against one player, on Fountain of Dreams.]

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
late.

Higurashi is good, in the prolific almost archetypal JAPAN type anime.
It's really underviewed (its soso in terms of entry level anime), but was one of those things I considered a staple part of the HYPER golden era of anime (Haruhi/Code Geass/Higurashi/Darker than Black/Death Note/Baccano/Black Lagoon/LIST GOES ON HOLY **** ANIME IS SO BAD THESE DAYS MY GOD).

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"Further details have been revealed about the Pokémon, Mega Sableye. It is confirmed that Mega Sableye retains its Dark/Ghost-type, but rather than keep any of the abilities, it gets the ability Magic Bounce. It has increased and Special Attack stats, but decreased Speed. During battle, Mega Sableye shelters itself behind the jewel, from where it can take advantage of any openings its target leaves exposed."
Magic Bounce? Alright, so that means it can bounce back all traps and avoids Rapid Spin. Okay, I'm liking what I'm seeing. There is a problem I'm seeing: Sp. Attack being raised BUT Speed being decreased. So you'd have to break out the Trick Room for it to be an effective sweeper. Otherwise it's slow as hell and will most likely take a fairy-type attack hard.

Very odd builds on his stats. I am doubting he'll be effective as Mega Mawile or Mega Charizard- but we'll see.

EDIT: On another hand, Sableye COULD start with Prankster Will-o-Wisp, then Mega Evolve and stall out with Foul Play and Recover...

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
For anyone interested, the Smash Bros. for Wii U Stage Creation Contest started the Metroid Wii U round, all stages from the home-console Metroid games are allowed!
http://smashboards.com/threads/supe...-contest-round-10-metroid-wiiu.348067/page-14
That remonds me, I hope the stage editor will come back, it was surprisingly fun in Brawl, if very rudimentary.

In fact I have a theory: what if the reason they thought they'd get the 3DS version out 6 months earlier, was because of the stage editor? If it does come back, I'm making every single one of the winning stages. :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
"Further details have been revealed about the Pokémon, Mega Sableye. It is confirmed that Mega Sableye retains its Dark/Ghost-type, but rather than keep any of the abilities, it gets the ability Magic Bounce. It has increased and Special Attack stats, but decreased Speed. During battle, Mega Sableye shelters itself behind the jewel, from where it can take advantage of any openings its target leaves exposed."
Magic Bounce? Alright, so that means it can bounce back all traps and avoids Rapid Spin. Okay, I'm liking what I'm seeing. There is a problem I'm seeing: Sp. Attack being raised BUT Speed being decreased. So you'd have to break out the Trick Room for it to be an effective sweeper. Otherwise it's slow as hell and will most likely take a fairy-type attack hard.

Very odd builds on his stats. I am doubting he'll be effective as Mega Mawile or Mega Charizard- but we'll see.

EDIT: On another hand, Sableye COULD start with Prankster Will-o-Wisp, then Mega Evolve and stall out with Foul Play and Recover...
There you go. You just came up with a cool strategy. When the games come out, try that out.

Hong

The Strongest
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Super Smash Bros needs more female playable characters
In a sense, since Smash Bros is a reflection of Nintendo, Nintendo should have more playable female characters. :)

Though I'll admit at times they could have made the choice. For example, the Villager is default male, even though (at least in Japan), the majority of New Leaf owners are female.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Super Smash Bros needs more female playable characters
Smash 4 certainly hasn't lacking in that department regarding the newcomers, has it?

Veteran female characters: Samus, Peach, Zelda, Sheik and Zero Suit Samus
Newcomer female characters: Wii Fit Trainer, Villager (as a costume swap), Rosalina and Palutena

The only females that still have any remote chance of appearing would be Medusa, Krystal, Dixie Kong or Impa. Of those four, I think only Dixie has a decent chance. I wouldn't count on the others.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
late.

Higurashi is good, in the prolific almost archetypal JAPAN type anime.
It's really underviewed (its soso in terms of entry level anime), but was one of those things I considered a staple part of the HYPER golden era of anime (Haruhi/Code Geass/Higurashi/Darker than Black/Death Note/Baccano/Black Lagoon/LIST GOES ON HOLY **** ANIME IS SO BAD THESE DAYS MY GOD).
What did you think of the later episodes? It seems to me that people didn't like them. I liked them. They were pretty funny. Its a shame that they don't continue the story though. I didn't understand the cliffhanger at the end of Kai with the girl that looked like she could be an older Rika Furude.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Impa's sexy Skyward Sword design should've replaced Sheik.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Smash 4 certainly hasn't lacking in that department regarding the newcomers, has it?

Veteran female characters: Samus, Peach, Zelda, Sheik and Zero Suit Samus
Newcomer female characters: Wii Fit Trainer, Villager (as a costume swap), Rosalina and Palutena

The only females that still have any remote chance of appearing would be Medusa, Krystal, Dixie Kong or Impa. Of those four, I think only Dixie has a decent chance. I wouldn't count on the others.
Don't forget Purin. Not confirmed to be female but it can be assumed.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I will always disagree with Impa replacing Sheik. It shouldn't happen ever.

Don't expect me to change my stance on this. You will not convince me.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
With her Hyrule Warriors and Ocarina Of Time versions as costumes would be awesome
Actually, screw that, Hyrule Warriors design should be the standard, she's a little meatier and her face looks much cooler.
I will always disagree with Impa replacing Sheik. It shouldn't happen ever.
Impa > Still relevant
Sheik > Not so much...

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Impa > Still relevant
Sheik > Not so much...
Implying me or Sakurai give a **** about "relevancy". By that logic, shouldn't the Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B. or Ike be cut? What happened to Smash being about Nintendo's history?

Give Impa her huge sword from Hyrule Warriors, her magic and agility from Skyward Sword and her powers as a Sage from Ocarina of Time and you have a Impa that makes the whole idea of replacing Sheik a load of garbage.

Don't forget Purin. Not confirmed to be female but it can be assumed.
I consider the Pokémon to be have ambiguous gender except Pikachu since Brawl, since he has the male design. Female Pikachu have heart shaped tails since Gen IV. Mewtwo is genderless.

Of course, many consider Jigglypuff to be female due to her costume choices and overall feminine appearance. In the Pokémon games, male Jigglypuff are rarer than females as well.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just want cool characters in Smash Bros. Don't care all that much about the characters looks or background. So far, pretty much every character in Smash 4 has me interested in playing as them. Megaman, Little Mac, and Rosalina are my top 3 choices so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom