• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Villains nowadays don't seem to get much love when it comes to getting their own games.

I kinda want to see more games like this where you are the villain like this one

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I got Fire Emblem: Awakening the other day. Super fun game! Makes me want Chrom, Lucina and Anna in Smash 4 now.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm just busy beating Pokémon White. Then I'll move to Black 2.

And reading the Pokémon Adventures Manga along the way.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So, it finally happened.
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/eN0Im01DbUJMhIdzN660I8LyuyQnWZ6h
Words cannot express my happiness.
Wtf... when player was against the Icelandic team, were they actually in Iceland? Because the whole entire area is cover in ice/snow and glaciers. And there's penguins!?? It looks more like Antarctica lol.

Sucks to be playing dodge ball on such slippery terrain though. Heh, they should make it into a snowball fight instead.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

"Pic of the day. Here's Donkey Kong's third standard special attack, Storm Punch!! Thanks to the customization options, each fighter is stocked with 12 different special moves. The number of attacks is pretty appalling."

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930

"Pic of the day. Here's Donkey Kong's third standard special attack, Storm Punch!! Thanks to the customization options, each fighter is stocked with 12 different special moves. The number of attacks is pretty appalling."
Appalling? In a good way, or bad?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
There's more, mate.
Yeah, but when I got the picture, that comment wasn't up yet. :p

"We've made it so that customization options, including special attacks, will be disabled when you're playing online in With Anyone mode. After all, we have to think about game balance, and it's crucial for anonymous players to be able to use reliable tactics against one another. When you're playing in single player, battling with friends online, or playing locally, you're free to play however you want--with or without customization."

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm really looking forward to these custom moves. They really seem to be quite different then what they used to be. Mario's shocking cape for example, and now this. <3

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Yeah, but when I got the picture, that comment wasn't up yet. :p

"We've made it so that customization options, including special attacks, will be disabled when you're playing online in With Anyone mode. After all, we have to think about game balance, and it's crucial for anonymous players to be able to use reliable tactics against one another. When you're playing in single player, battling with friends online, or playing locally, you're free to play however you want--with or without customization."
I thought so.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't see why some competitive games customization is allowed and some it's not

Like pokemon for example, where you can see the opponent has a certain pokemon, but you don't know which moveset they've given it.

I understand genre thing, but still

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
I don't see why some competitive games customization is allowed and some it's not

Like pokemon for example, where you can see the opponent has a certain pokemon, but you don't know which moveset they've given it.

I understand genre thing, but still
I think with something like smash it has to be checked that custom movesets are balanced and do not create another Meta Knight sirutration like in brawl. I've also heard people say it might take too long to set up at tournaments.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since custom moves would be banned, what about Mii's and Palutena?

Why wouldn't the Mii's default moveset be move 1 from each category like the normal characters?

What about Palutena? Is here "default" moveset move 1 from each category?

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa

Why wouldn't the Mii's default moveset be move 1 from each category like the normal characters?

I think the Miis are only ones without a default move set Palutena probably has one most people seem to want to allow custom movesets as long as they don't take too long to set up.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

Palutena has completely different specials right? Actual alternate moves?
Dat Sakurai nepotism.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG, the purple Rhino in Wreck it Ralph is actually a real video game character

I didn't even know that, I thought they made it up

Edit:

"Dr. Wily from Mega Man was originally set to make an appearance in the Bad-Anon villains support group as shown in an early render image. However, he was cut in the final version of the film and replaced with Shinobi."

OMG THEY EVEN CUT MEGA MAN (At least a reference) FROM WRECK IT RALPH

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
OMG, the purple Rhino in Wreck it Ralph is actually a real video game character

I didn't even know that, I thought they made it up

Edit:

"Dr. Wily from Mega Man was originally set to make an appearance in the Bad-Anon villains support group as shown in an early render image. However, he was cut in the final version of the film and replaced with Shinobi."

OMG THEY EVEN CUT MEGA MAN (At least a reference) FROM WRECK IT RALPH
Probably legal issues.
Was still a great cross-over movie anyway. I think for a normal eye, it's a nice movie and nothing more (pretty basic plot line and characters) but for a videogamer, it reaches God-like status.
I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel with that rumored Mario cameo.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
So, no reveals today... :ohwell:

Anyway, I can't wait for the game to come out. Oddly, I have no idea good I am. I can beat a level 9 CPU easily, maybe three if they're not on the same team. Is that good?

I wonder if I can beat a few mods....

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does Turbo as the virus remind anyone else of Dr. Smith from Lost in Space when he's a spider?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I hate lvl 9 Wolf. He's my greatest enemy when I'm ZSS. I know I could always hang by the ledge and just mess him up and edge guard him but I hate being cheap against computers.

Camp man. Camp like theres no tomorrow. I always feel like I play characters the wrong way. For a while I never used bananas as Diddy. Of course thats changed.

Last edited:

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
My only problem in beating level 9 CPUs in Brawl is that I expect them to be more advanced than they are.
I used to go to a lot of Brawl tournaments and thus, had a lot of high level play and it got to the point where I expected and predicted CPUs to do stuff like DACUS and when they didn't, I got punished massively.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I hope amiibos actually have the capability to "learn" and and get better, I don't want to buy one to find out it "learns" when you upgrade stats, It should eventually be a sparring buddy stronger than lvl 9 cpus because most of those are a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom