• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am not sure what you mean; the article was fairly straight forward. Basically, Nintendo speculates that third-party support will return once the company becomes successful once more (the console sellers will increase the install base through Wii U sales (which is the consumer-base). So basically, games that are not already on Nintendo consoles will become available on the Wii U in due time according to Nintendo (which is a reasonable and obvious prediction).

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I didn't even know you could make other people post.
Definitely not the intended purpose of having the feature though. We lost the ability to move around post orders + clone posts and stuff in threads (originally it was simply changing "Post Date" and the thread would reorder, but certain problems arose like crashing the entire website/permanently corrupting 200,000+ post 10 year old threads, so...), so the only way to do such thread management involves manual changing post owners, copying posts (by posting them yourself and then changing the owner) that are being "taken" and then redoing them yourself, etc etc etc etc. A lot of ****ing work for what we did on vBulletin which was just "Make a Copy of this post" and a single "change post owner".

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Definitely not the intended purpose of having the feature though. We lost the ability to move around post orders + clone posts and stuff in threads (originally it was simply changing "Post Date" and the thread would reorder, but certain problems arose like crashing the entire website/permanently corrupting 200,000+ post 10 year old threads, so...), so the only way to do such thread management involves manual changing post owners, copying posts (by posting them yourself and then changing the owner) that are being "taken" and then redoing them yourself, etc etc etc etc. A lot of ****ing work for what we did on vBulletin which was just "Make a Copy of this post" and a single "change post owner".
I WANT PROOF OF THIS FORCE POST WITCHCRAFT.

After somebody posts please so I don't get infracted yes I'm telling you to do it to me

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I stopped watching Dragon Ball Z around 4th grade because it got too long for me with all the stalling. I stopped after finishing the Cell Saga. Back then, I just considered it a cartoon. I think I watched a few episodes of Sailor Moon as well when I was a kid, but I don't really remember anything besides her having a time traveling daughter or something like that. In high school, I started getting into Naruto and now I just keep up with it because I want to know how it ends. I also watched Death Note, and I started watching Pokemon again when it got to the Sinnoh League. My first year of college, my roommate lent The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but otherwise I had other things to do. After I finished college last year, I watched Toradora because I saw the opening and was curious, then from there I started watching more anime to the point where I'm watching like 10 or 12 shows per season. Most shows I watch now are slice of life or just general high school settings, though there are some that aren't like that. Also, I learned that I find moe characters funny.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Double Post
Who can I add on Nintendo Network? I lack friends with a WiiU (sadly)

I stopped watching Dragon Ball Z around 4th grade school s Also, I learned that I find moe characters funny.
For me I prefer to read the manga version of most anime, I could go on a long speech about my likes and dislikes about certain anime but thats alot to type.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Some manga are better than their anime versions. In fact, most anime are based on manga and not the other way around.

I dislike when an anime series branches out from the source material. The manga usually ends up being better.

And there's the matter of filler episodes...

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Some manga are better than their anime versions. In fact, most anime are based on manga and not the other way around.

I dislike when an anime series branches out from the source material. The manga usually ends up being better.

And there's the matter of filler episodes...
I agree, like Full Metal Alchemist and god I hate filler

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I also read the manga versions if I am interested enough in the series. However, a lot of anime also seem to be based off of light novels nowadays, and not every light novel has been translated. The main manga that comes to mind that I actually finished from beginning to end is Kami Nomi or The World God Only Knows. I'm keeping up with Naruto and Nisekoi at the moment though.

Edit: I also completed Death Note and Medaka Box manga. I'm keeping track of Shigeki no Kyojin and Ao Haru Ride.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I feel like the main failure between manga and anime adaptions is mostly the lack of a solid narrator-esque identity, which pushes things forwards.

I always find it annoying when adaptions from source material take like 10 page 3rd person explanation of something, suspending the progression of the plot during that time, but then they massacre those for the MC/some other random character throwing out a single ****ing line of "oh its like this, hence I win", always makes the plot/story look poorly brought together and everything just becomes deus ex machina slide shows.

Ruins just about everything.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'd just use the standard grey hair. Sadly, the TWEWY characters are an absolute *** to make in Mii Maker. Too many hats.

We'll just have to wait until Neku or Minamimoto is confirmed playable.
Super late on this, in terms of pages anyway lol, buuut. The only character I care about is Joshua, he is legitimately my favorite video game character ever created. But his chances of actually getting in are like 0.01%. However, theoretically, I should be able to play as whoever I want with Miis. But sadly the creator has way too many limitations, like really, is it so hard to add some unrealistic colors and stuff, it isn't like Miis are totally realistic anyway. Nintendo should release a patch for the Mii creator to make it more innovative lol.

Morbi

Scavenger
Super late on this, in terms of pages anyway lol, buuut. The only character I care about is Joshua, he is legitimately my favorite video game character ever created. But his chances of actually getting in are like 0.01%. However, theoretically, I should be able to play as whoever I want with Miis. But sadly the creator has way too many limitations, like really, is it so hard to add some unrealistic colors and stuff, it isn't like Miis are totally realistic anyway. Nintendo should release a patch for the Mii creator to make it more innovative lol.
I agree; the Mii Creator is VERY limited. For something so simple, I am surprised that there are not more options. It is one of the predominant features of the Wii/Wii U yet the Xbox has a WAY better avatar customization system that actually interacts with game-play. Pathetic.

D

Deleted member

Mii Creator doesn't have blue hair. Please fix. I want to make a generic Fire Emblem protagonist as a Swordfighter.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I want to understand competitive, but I just started watching, so I don't understand a lot of it. Azen was a great Melee player, and now he's playing Project M? Is that why it's a big deal?
It's because he BODIED everyone :O

D

Deleted member

Yeah, we need that light blue so we can have Eirika and Ephraim playable!
I want blue hair so I can make Chrom a joke character if he's not on the main roster as a joke character. It's kind of funny, I want Chrom for what he represents, but if he's in the game, he'll replace Yoshi as the character I only use as a joke.

D

Deleted member

You can have infinite blue haired swordsmen if they patch the Mii Maker to allow blue hair.

You gotta have blue hair.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I want blue hair so I can make Chrom a joke character if he's not on the main roster as a joke character. It's kind of funny, I want Chrom for what he represents, but if he's in the game, he'll replace Yoshi as the character I only use as a joke.
As far as making joke characters, one thing I'm depressed about is that you cannot give a Mii a foot long mustache. That makes me cry, because as funny as it sounds, I just want to make a Mii of Eggman for a buncha laughs

D

Deleted member

As far as making joke characters, one thing I'm depressed about is that you cannot give a Mii a foot long mustache. That makes me cry, because as funny as it sounds, I just want to make a Mii of Eggman for a buncha laughs
Foot long mustaches would be wonderful. Only joke characters I'm planning to make at this point are Chrom (if he's not in the game) and the World's Worst Smash Player. Even Tommy Wiseau and Pimsleur's movesets will be serious to an extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom