• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I get in fixes. Sometimes I get into an Andy Gibb/70s era Bee Gees/Earth Wind and Fire mood, lately I've been in an obnoxious 80s mood, Madonna, Michael Jackson, etc. Sometimes I get into totally 90s moods (Space Jam, Jock Jamz, Now that's what I call Music)... It happens when I sell old school collectible stuffs from decades ago for a good chunk of the day. I just got done having an LP sale and sure enough I get back home and start listening to the same exact Madonna I just got done listening to pertnear all day.
Cool, nothing like an nostalgia induced jamfest.

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
Has it been confirmed 100% that the 3DS and Wii U versions are the exact same gameplay mechanics wise?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I agree; I mean, I listen to Slayer, but I hardly feel as though that is the music that he was alluding to with "80s tastic."

Really? How did that happen, if you do not mind me asking?
He changed his title to what it currently is in an attempt to troll people into thinking he was banned. Needless to say it didn't work... At least on me... (I still haven't gotten that gold star) He got people to come on here and say he was banned while he lurked and laughed with his Big Bowser Booty.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Cool, nothing like an nostalgia induced jamfest.
Yeah, but sometimes I'm not even working at the boutique and I'm STILL listening to the stuff. We always have older music usually of the 60s, 70s, 80s variety playing while I sell various stuffs and directing people to the fitting room and deciding upon next months specials and other fun stuff like that... still days after I'm at that job and I'm sitting around at my other job I've still got music older than myself shooting around my noggin followed by my headphones. I tend to feel incredibly odd sometimes that way.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I agree; I mean, I listen to Slayer, but I hardly feel as though that is the music that he was alluding to with "80s tastic."
I'd assume it just means 80s bands in general, then I listen to a few (like Dire Straits, or anything made by Weird Al around that time).
That, or what one would call "cheesy".

Morbi

Scavenger
He changed his title to what it currently is in an attempt to troll people into thinking he was banned. Needless to say it didn't work... At least on me... (I still haven't gotten that gold star) He got people to come on here and say he was banned while he lurked and laughed with his Big Bowser Booty.
Ah; I see, thank you for your clarification.

@ Morbi Morbi Go back a few pages.
I tried to just highlight control F "ban," for three pages, nothing relevant seemed to come up aside from people wondering whether or not you are refunded your premium.

I have only ever been banned from one forum, I have never accrued any infractions on any other site aside from the one that I was banned from. However, there was an abusive mod on that site. For instance, I got infractions for linking the proper thread to someone who posted a duplicate (apparently that is backseat moderating). I did not necessarily like one of his friends tattoo's, so I got an infraction for saying something to that effect of, "it is a pretty nice tattoo, but I am not particularly fond of it myself. For instance, I would not wear something like that myself." It was in a thread dedicated to her tattoo, so it was not off-topic discussion, it was berating or "bullying."

Ugh. That place gave me a horrible perception on what forums were like.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Yeah, but sometimes I'm not even working at the boutique and I'm STILL listening to the stuff. We always have older music usually of the 60s, 70s, 80s variety playing while I sell various stuffs and directing people to the fitting room and deciding upon next months specials and other fun stuff like that... still days after I'm at that job and I'm sitting around at my other job I've still got music older than myself shooting around my noggin followed by my headphones. I tend to feel incredibly odd sometimes that way.
I can understand, its weird when you think about older music because its like a portal to the past or at least thats how I view sometimes

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've been warned once. As I goofed up in the Miiverse Thread.

Madonna, Michael Jackson, Weird Al, Vince DiCola... the really synth based stuff.

80s Rock is something else entirely by my book. That's when we get Twisted Sister to come on out and tell us all about how they aren't gonna take it anymore.
In that case, then Weird Al. I probably listen to more, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
aww
It's a good uhh belief to hold though, I used to be like that a lot. a lot of the time I would type out a response to someone and just exit out the thread.
to this DAY I haven't even been warned (definitely feel like I might have deserved it a couple times though) so lurking and always being nice has paid off.
There are several things I would love to talk about but I just can't though. I'm incredibly passionate about Pokémon for example. I have a lot of unpopular opinions about Pokémon. I would probably be called a fanboy if I shared them.

I don't want to risk having a fight with anyone, but I do still want to express how I feel in a reasonable manner. I do think of ways to speak my opinion well enough sometimes, but other times I just give up and listen to music.

I love talking with all of you and I do want to continue that, but also don't want to have any regrets with what I say. It's a hard balance to achieve sometimes and requires a lot of thought.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You know what we should do?
We should have an turn-based RPG battle.
Right here. Right now.

*Bidoof got into a battle stance*
*Bidoof has 150 HP*

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

Oh lord, Pega-pony. I am listening to Madonna's song "Holiday" and looking at your Ghirahim Signature at the same time... it is actually the most fitting moment I can imagine. It's amazing, you oughta try it!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Right here. Right now.

*Bidoof has 150 HP*
*RaccoonBL uses super omega awesome magical rainbow blast of death*

*Bidoof takes infinity damage*
*Bidoof fainted*
*RaccoonBL wins*
*RaccoonBL got all the money*
*RaccoonBL also got all the ladies*
:troll:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
There are several things I would love to talk about but I just can't though. I'm incredibly passionate about Pokémon for example. I have a lot of unpopular opinions about Pokémon. I would probably be called a fanboy if I shared them.

I don't want to risk having a fight with anyone, but I do still want to express how I feel in a reasonable manner. I do think of ways to speak my opinion well enough sometimes, but other times I just give up and listen to music.

I love talking with all of you and I do want to continue that, but also don't want to have any regrets with what I say. It's a hard balance to achieve sometimes and requires a lot of thought.
What's the worst that could happen? Someone on the internet disagreeing with you? Don't stress it.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

*Bidoof fainted*
*RaccoonBL wins*
*Bidoof used post-credits scene return*
*Bidoof was resurrected*
*Bidoof went Super Saiyan (like in his avatar)*

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I can understand, its weird when you think about older music because its like a portal to the past or at least thats how I view sometimes
And see, it's really funny for me, since I wasn't even alive for alot of those songs, so it isn't nostalgia. Born in 1988 I wasn't even conscious for the 80s, by the time I was conscious musically speaking it was all about Space Jam... or Now That's What I Call Music... but mostly Space Jam.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

*Bidoof fainted*
*RaccoonBL wins*
*Frosty appears*
*RaccoonBL gets arrested for a random rainbowlike act against Mega Bidoof*

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Right here. Right now.

*Bidoof has 150 HP*
*Enemy Vegito uses Final Kamehameha*
*Bidoof -999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999*

Vegito Wins!

As for everyone else, Final Kamehameha blew up everyone else.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
*Enemy Vegito uses Final Kamehameha*
*Bidoof -999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999*

Vegito Wins!

As for everyone else, Final Kamehameha blew up everyone else.
*Super Saiyan Bidoof took the hit*
*Super Saiyan Bidoof has 1 HP left*
*Super Saiyan Bidoof went into healing capsule*
*Super Saiyan Bidoof will now heal 10 HP every second, and cannot be hurt until he chooses to exit the pod*

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

Curious about those opinions, and whats wrong with being a fanboy/girl we've all got one inside

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer

there's different ways to express opinions, the way you go about it is what matters. you're not going to go into a competitive pkmn discussion and say how they should only play with favorites for example. but you can acknowledge that and say it in a more laid back thread that you don't care for competitive pokemon and like the collecting aspect more (example).
I understand the need to not want to fight with people (I really dislike it too) but you can't be afraid to speak your mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom