• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
That's the thing. Scrappy Doo was so hated that he's the poster boy for a trope called "The Scrappy". The Scrappy is a character that gains hatedom or is just plain unlikable in a certain fandom. For example, many Scooby Doo fans always found the little guy as annoying and a waste of character (which is to the point of him being the main villain of a live action Scooby Doo film).

Another good example a scrappy is a certain Duck Hunt Dog, who is infamous for laughing at those who failed to shoot a duck. At least he's a legit rep for Smash and would be the best troll character in history compared to his son Scrappy. :troll:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheScrappy
But...I liked Scrappy Doo when I was a kid! :(

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Are cartoons and bad Miiverse posts the topic right now? Eh, I've tried bearing through some Cartoon Network shows for a second time and I've come back with a different opinion on them. That Gumball show isn't as bad as I initially thought, it actually had a few clever moments that had me laughing, though the mishmash of artstyles still isn't very pleasant to look at. Adventure Time is still incredibly stupid, but in a charming way that actually makes it decent to watch in before someone gets offended anyway. I still have no idea what's even going on in Regular Show. And Nickelodeon? Been years since I've heard of that channel, Spongebob channel got old fast, however. Scrappy characters? Bowser Jr. Nothing much else on this end...

For anime, I tied to watch Princess Mononoke for the first time, key word "tried," apparently the Ghibli collection I bought was shoddily made as the disc started messing up at points until completely skipping, freezing, and becoming unwatchable near the presumed end. At least Totoro and Spirited Away worked well all the way through, albeit with terrible picture quality.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I remember the days when Cartoon Network had cartoons not built around memes. Good times.

Nickolodean is still alright- you just gotta watch the 90's version. It plays Catdog- which is an automatic win. But the normal channel has one good series. I'm probably alone on this, but I like the rabbids cartoon. Spongebob is another, but after the years, they've declined into a generally bad series, imo. At least they play the old episodes.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So do I. Keep in mind that that Trope is subjective. Not everyone agrees with a character on that list. And that's okay. :)
For example, I actually like Big the Cat despite what most Sonic fanboys say.

Those things can return to whatever hell that spawned them.
Speaking of the Rabbids, I can tell that the Chorus Men will sound like them in Smash. I even got that impression when playing the Glee Club years ago. :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For example, I actually like Big the Cat despite what most Sonic fanboys say.
Sonic Chronicles does help his case. I was pretty disappointed they didn't put him in the Mario & Sonic games. I mean, Vector in without the rest of his team? It was still weird when Espio showed up in the Fighters game, but... I can't wait for Charmy to have a solo appearance now. :p

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Here's my 2000th post. I have a huge list of people I'd like to thank.

@Wario Bros. Your probably the first person I saw here. I hope you remember why I'm mentioning you.
@Ridley_Prime @Ascended Y'all were the first people who signed up for that list I have.
@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom The moment you said "I need someone to make a banner," that voice inside my head said "Do it, now matter how crappy it is." Now I'm an average writer for the WiR.
@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy You were the first friend I've ever had.
@ MewtwoMaster2002 MewtwoMaster2002 We have that 6 page conversation about Pokémon X/Y. I don't think I can ever repay you for what you've done.
@Brawler610 & @Bui You two are the only two I can truly remember who signed up for that Pokkén thread.
@shinhed-echi You creating that Little Mac thread practically kept me on Smashboards.
@Yoichi Hiruma You kept that Little Mac thread ablaze.
@dimensionsword64 Ever since you made that Lucario to Goku reference and we were the bestest of friends. @AgatioGanon Are you still promoting that?
@Aleate Thank You for being the first participant for that one contest.
@DaDavid, @Jumpman84, @SuperMii3D You think it's about time we call that Box Art Contest quits?
@Cap'nChreest #SexyFalco
@Mega Bidoof, @Mega Dunsparce, @Tepig2000, @ Substitution Substitution Y'all are my buds.
@ Aurane Aurane , @Red Ryu, @Swift Fox Y'all are the biggest Lucario fans I've ever seen.
@Firus You were the first moderator to give me a warning. You scared me half way to death.
@Opossum You were the first moderator to give me an infraction before that Direct. I was really scared.
@Swampasaur How'd you survive that one day where I got like 5 Pokémon?
@APC99 Giggedy!
@RADSheikah Thanks for the Item Contest, it sucks that no one suggested a Donkey Kong item yet.
@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht you are the second funniest person on here. Sorry, but @Moon Monkey tops you. If you were to put some of that hilarity into the SSB4 Funny Captions Thread then, eh, we'll see.
@Pacack You were the guy that made me think "Well if this guy likes Pac-Man, then so should I."
@Zoroarking Just to clarify, it's not the verb.
@Ivysalt If I had Photoshop I'd take lessons from you.
@kyokoro_pamuyo Your Welcome.
@Gohan Stick to your name.
@xxEliteAlicexx Come on, not just ONE idea?
@Tornado_Man You keep being awesome. But only if I knew what Slakes are and who Eduardo is?
@Thekewlusername Why do you change avatars every month? Your avatar now is good enough.
@the smash nerd I'm still waiting on your FC.
@The Salamander Within Keep up Optimistic Charizard. I'm still waiting on your channel.
@sluigi123 How did Greninja serve you?
@Shinru202 Keep with the Ridley jokes up. Practice makes perfect.
@SmashCentralOfficial I'll be happy to bump for you anytime.
@Quilt If you want to know why you're on this list, go WAY BACK in your conversations.
@Colbash You need a Colballion avi. It just fits.
@GodOfSocks I'll have something for you later.
@MaskO'Gears Thanks for that one day.
@ScatmansWorld25 I still regret to inform you that Cell still has that disease.
@Booster I agree with you on Goku.
@BigAxle You're my new friend. :p

If there's anyone I forgot, let me know.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm not sure if you forgot me or I had no role in your post count(which technically we had conversations, so...)

Morbi

Scavenger
Here's my 2000th post. I have a huge list of people I'd like to thank.

@Wario Bros. Your probably the first person I saw here. I hope you remember why I'm mentioning you.
@Ridley_Prime @Ascended Y'all were the first people who signed up for that list I have.
@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom The moment you said "I need someone to make a banner," that voice inside my head said "Do it, now matter how crappy it is." Now I'm an average writer for the WiR.
@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy You were the first friend I've ever had.
@ MewtwoMaster2002 MewtwoMaster2002 We have that 6 page conversation about Pokémon X/Y. I don't think I can ever repay you for what you've done.
@Brawler610 & @Bui You two are the only two I can truly remember who signed up for that Pokkén thread.
@shinhed-echi You creating that Little Mac thread practically kept me on Smashboards.
@Yoichi Hiruma You kept that Little Mac thread ablaze.
@dimensionsword64 Ever since you made that Lucario to Goku reference and we were the bestest of friends. @AgatioGanon Are you still promoting that?
@Aleate Thank You for being the first participant for that one contest.
@DaDavid, @Jumpman84, @SuperMii3D You think it's about time we call that Box Art Contest quits?
@Cap'nChreest #SexyFalco
@Mega Bidoof, @Mega Dunsparce, @Tepig2000, @ Substitution Substitution Y'all are my buds.
@ Aurane Aurane , @Red Ryu, @Swift Fox Y'all are the biggest Lucario fans I've ever seen.
@Firus You were the first moderator to give me a warning. You scared me half way to death.
@Opossum You were the first moderator to give me an infraction before that Direct. I was really scared.
@Swampasaur How'd you survive that one day where I got like 5 Pokémon?
@APC99 Giggedy!
@RADSheikah Thanks for the Item Contest, it sucks that no one suggested a Donkey Kong item yet.
@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht you are the second funniest person on here. Sorry, but @Moon Monkey tops you. If you were to put some of that hilarity into the SSB4 Funny Captions Thread then, eh, we'll see.
@Pacack You were the guy that made me think "Well if this guy likes Pac-Man, then so should I."
@Zoroarking Just to clarify, it's not the verb.
@Ivysalt If I had Photoshop I'd take lessons from you.
@kyokoro_pamuyo Your Welcome.
@Gohan Stick to your name.
@xxEliteAlicexx Come on, not just ONE idea?
@Tornado_Man You keep being awesome. But only if I knew what Slakes are and who Eduardo is?
@Thekewlusername Why do you change avatars every month? Your avatar now is good enough.
@the smash nerd I'm still waiting on your FC.
@The Salamander Within Keep up Optimistic Charizard. I'm still waiting on your channel.
@sluigi123 How did Greninja serve you?
@Shinru202 Keep with the Ridley jokes up. Practice makes perfect.
@SmashCentralOfficial I'll be happy to bump for you anytime.
@Quilt If you want to know why you're on this list, go WAY BACK in your conversations.
@Colbash You need a Colballion avi. It just fits.
@GodOfSocks I'll have something for you later.
@MaskO'Gears Thanks for that one day.
@ScatmansWorld25 I still regret to inform you that Cell still has that disease.
@Booster I agree with you on Goku.
@BigAxle You're my new friend. :p

If there's anyone I forgot, let me know.
I am quite literally the only user not on your list. No more likes for you.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Joy Mech Fight even has a better story than Mega Man

Picture this:

Two scientists working to create sentient robots together. One of them turns out to be evil and betrays the other and takes most of the robots

The one robot left isn't a combat robot, but the scientist re-purposes it into a fighter

The robot must now defeat each of the mad scientists stolen robots, his own "brothers", one by one to gain the use of their powers.

I'd like to see Mega Man top THAT kind of story

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I am quite literally the only user not on your list. No more likes for you.
Oh sorry, I had you on there and I accidentally pressed Refresh. I remember yours.

@ Morbi Morbi There two things about you I want you to know, I can spell Altruism at the back of my head, and the likes get annoying. I'm waiting for an important answer and MorbidAltruism liked your post.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh sorry, I had you on there and I accidentally pressed Refresh. I remember yours.

@ Morbi Morbi There two things about you I want you to know, I can spell Altruism at the back of my head, and the likes get annoying. I'm waiting for an important answer and MorbidAltruism liked your post.
I am going to like everything you post now that I know it annoys you; I was going to seriously stop... but you just had to push me.

Huh, so I guess I really am a nobody...No, no I'm ok. It's fine, don't worry about me.

*Cries self to sleep*
I do not think you are a nobody, you were destined to do great things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom