• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is no reason to discuss it

Dark Pit is just literally a clone of Pit

He just uses the same weapons as Pit and everything

Alternate Color, that's it

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
There is no reason to discuss it

Dark Pit is just literally a clone of Pit

He just uses the same weapons as Pit and everything

Alternate Color, that's it
I think he, along with Daisy should have a different voice though.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"The Pokémon Company International has just uploaded a new trailer that features a brand new Mega Evolution, Mega Sableye has been revealed at the Nintendo's Kids Conference at E3 today in Los Angeles. It is said that Mega Sableye uses the jewel as a powerful defensive tool in battle. From behind the shelter of the jewel, it can readily exploit the opponent’s weaknesses and take advantage of any openings. It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!"
Wonder Guard Sableye confirmed. :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"The Pokémon Company International has just uploaded a new trailer that features a brand new Mega Evolution, Mega Sableye has been revealed at the Nintendo's Kids Conference at E3 today in Los Angeles. It is said that Mega Sableye uses the jewel as a powerful defensive tool in battle. From behind the shelter of the jewel, it can readily exploit the opponent’s weaknesses and take advantage of any openings. It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!"
Sableye DOES have a weakness now.

So wonderguard isn't going to protect him from everything

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it means Sableye is going to be like Aeglislash with defense and offense mode

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, maybe he has an ability that makes super effective hits deal more damage. That could be a rewording of exploiting weaknesses

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So i got a theory. We are gonna get a Zelda and Metroid newcomer not on Sal's list. The 'guess what trophy' segment of the Smash April direct had a Zelda trophy, a Metroid trophy, a Kid Icarus trophy, and a Fire Emblem trophy during those segments. Sal's leak has Chrom, which covers the FE trophy, and we just got Palutena revealed so that covers the Kid Icarus one.
Sal's source didn't know about/or tell him about Rosalina, leading us to believe that Chrom, Chorus Kids, and Shulk aren't just the only newcomers left.

So who could these newcomers be?
-Ganondorf (w/ new moveset) ?
-Tingle (nah, he's an AT) ?
-Vaati ?
-Ghirahim ?
-Masked Link ?
-Hero's Shade ?

-Ridley ?
-Noxus ?
-Trace ?
-Kanden ?
-Sylux ?
-Spire ?
-Weavel ?
-Gandrayda ?
-Rhundas ?
-Ghor ?
-Space Pirate ?
Again with that trophy bull****? It didn't mean anything.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
So from what I can gather from footage:

Kirby's Up B (Cutter) doesn't give him as much height as before
Kirby can move while preping his hammer

Real Link's Side Smash (jump attack) has much more power
If you miss with the Triforce Slash you still move forward

Super Sonic is much harder to control

Giga Bowser is a little more powerful

The Donkey Konga is a much more powerful

Also, that thing about being easier to K.O people is probably false. I remember seeing ZSS survive a Smart Bomb at 120%.

Can anyone who was at the Best Buy event confirm or deny these?

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Hey guys, I was ABLE TO PLAY. On the 3DS version, I tried out Sonic, Toon Link and Mega Man. Wii U characters, Greninja and Villager. Let's start with Greninja, shall we?

- Very fast and fun to play as. His ninja moves are incredible.

- To me, anyway, he doesn't feel like Sheik.

- Water Shuriken charges up by holding the Special button, and automatically gets thrown once fully charged.

- Up B is very similar to Pikachu's.

- Greninja has a Pink and Red color scheme. Kind of hard to distinguish between the two.

- Up Smash is just fun, I love it.

- Strong attacks are a bit lame IMO, just some toungue whipping.

Mega Man:

- I barely played as him, so I didn't get a chance to use all his moves.

- Down Smash is powerful, I love it.

- I wasn't able to use strong attacks. The circle pad needs some tweaking, as just holding to the right starts a dash.

Toon Link:

- Basically the same as Brawl. No problem for me, as I loved him in Brawl. Link's changes differentiate him from TL better.

Villager:

- Dude, fun. All his attacks are hilarious to use.

- Side smash is the bowling ball. I have horrible memory so I forgot about that.

- Up smash, the fireworks, is a bit too weak for my taste. Character had to be at a pretty high percentage to die (I think 110% on Sonic).

- I love Pocket. I picked up a crate with it, and I loved how I could still walk around at normal speed.

- Balloon Fight... I couldn't really test how good this was, as I was in the Boxing Ring.

- Did not get to try out the Tree attack. The matches all last 2 minutes, whereas 3DS you just play until it's your turn on the Wii U.

- Gyroid is fun. Only used it once, though.

Sonic:

- Almost the same moveset. He has some changes that weren't in his reveal trailer, however.

- Side B is less floaty. It kind of just hops and goes down really quickly.

- Down B is the same, though there's this purple aura and smoke when it's fully charged.

- Dash attack. IDK if this happened in Brawl, but it traps people on contact, and ends with two kick attacks, with decent knockback.

- Down smash is NO LONGER THAT SPIN THING. Now, it's a split kick, very similar to Fox's.

- Taunts are the same, but he no longer says "YOU'RE TOO SLOW". :'[

General:

- All characters from previous games, barring Fox, seem to lack their Dark colors. Like, no Dark Link or Shadow Link, no Dark Zelda, no Dark Pit. Link has a purple color which I adore.

- All the voices seem to be taken from other games (like, no newly recorded voices, except for MAYBE Rosalina). Since this is a demo, I expected this. Pit's Up B sound is definitely too aggressive for just flying (it's like this, "GRYAHHH" kinda sound). All of Sonic's sounds are taken from Free Riders, Colors and Generations, it seems. Kirby has a lot of new voice clips, though. Pit and Kirby seemed to be the only characters who grunted the second they got hit, ala Melee.

- Pokémon are awesome. I got a Darkrai, Abomasnow, Arceus and Fletchling. Darkrai shoots a dark orb at people from afar to make them fall asleep. I think it does a bit of damage. Abomasnow uses this icy wind stuff, and a charge that causes people to get frozen. Arceus is the same in the video. Fletchling is USELESS. I swear. XDD

- That pre-evolved Vivillion thing was there too. It stuns you, but not like, Mewtwo's confusion stun, but like, MAJOR hitstun... stun.

- Still dunno what Xerneas does. It made a glowing aura around someone playing as ZSS, but she never landed a hit during that phase.

- A professional Olimar player was there. I think his name was Matthew. He's American/Canadian, but he says he was in Japan, which is where he fought in tournaments. He had a shirt saying "Best Olimar player 2011-2014 something something". I didn't see him on Smash Wiki though.

- I got an awesome SSB badge/button/pin thing and some stickers. :DDD

I think that covers about everything I experienced. :D

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's not a jewel. It's a pink rupee. :troll:

Though I wanted Sableye to get a mega-evolution. It was my only poké who could stand against Brawly's Makuhita.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's not a jewel. It's a pink rupee. :troll:

Though I wanted Sableye to get a mega-evolution. It was my only poké who could stand against Brawly's Makuhita.
I'm selling my Mega Sableyes for 50 Rupees each, then.

So I think I've got the solution to the whole Dark Pit thing at the end of Palutena's trailer.

Palutena asks is he "Just dropped in to crash her party"

"Just" "drop in" "crash party"

Seems to me like this is classic it's there but it's not Sakurai trolling.

Dark Pit just showed up for no reason at the end of the trailer so that Sakurai could mess with our heads.

For me, at least, case is closed.
It's not Sakurai trolling, but it's Sakurai messing with our heads? Wat. *head explodes*

The way it was shown looks more like a teaser of sorts. Think of Mega Man's trailer at the end that teased the Yellow Devil. And then there's the Mr. Game & Watch tease at the end of Pac-Man's trailer... The way it's done, being after the end of the trailer, is what makes me think it's a teaser for something.

I agree with @ PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate and @ FlappyFalco FlappyFalco . Dark Pit could easily be in the game as a color+voice swap for Pit. Not hard to do and I can see it happening considering WFT also has a costume+voice swap for the male trainer.

Judging from demo players' reports, it seems characters only had 4 colors available. Brawl had all characters with 6, except the Pokémon characters and Sonic who had five, with Pikachu having four. It's like the demo had the minimum amount of colors possible to allow 4 player matches with everyone picking the same character.

Remember that Wario on the E 4 All Brawl demo didn't have his classic overalls costume. It was only revealed around 2 months after the demo.

I've been hit hard by Sakurai's teasing, damn it! Dark Pit and Mr. Game & Watch are among my favorite Nintendo characters... Now I understand how Ridley fans feel...

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I'm gonna chalk alot of what I'm seeing/hearing in the demoes up to "the game's not finished". I remember either 3D Land or 3D World (I think it was 3D Land) recycled music from Super Mario Galaxy for the Boom Boom battle in the demo version but that isn't the case in the final version. Hearing victory themes recycled from Brawl and so on and so forth, I'm just gonna chalk those up to placeholder until we get closer to release.

Concerning Dark Pit... give that dude the Dark Pit Staff instead of a bow and he's already got a different moveset. Of course, he could just be an elaborate costume swap too.

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
My mistake... I had the idea that there was a Brawl demo with Wario. I remember there was a second Brawl demo in Japan that had more characters and stages. Was it TGS? Can't remember.
I think it was an in-store demo they had going around select stores in japan

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
View attachment 16048
#thenewguy

Moving on, I've got $120 so far for a new Wii u. I'm grabbing Mario Kart 8. Any other suggestions?
Pikmin 3 (one of the free MK8 games)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
LEGO City: Undercover
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (one of the free MK8 games)
Nintendo Land
Super Mario 3D World

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
View attachment 16048
#thenewguy

Moving on, I've got $120 so far for a new Wii U. I'm grabbing Mario Kart 8. Any other suggestions?
I'm guessing you got the NSMBU bundle. I would get Pikmin 3 for the free game, as well as: Super Mario 3D World, pretty sure Nintendo Land got a price drop and lastly The Wonderful 101. I would also recommend going on the eShop and getting Earthbound.

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
While all Wii U exclusives are recommendable (as Wario Bros. pretty much listed) in their own sense, the only Wii U game besides MK8 I consider absolutely essential is 3D World. Other than that, I've gotten the most fun out of The Wonderful 101 and Virtual Console games.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
While all Wii U exclusives are recommendable (as Wario Bros. pretty much listed) in their own sense, the only Wii U game besides MK8 I consider absolutely essential is 3D World. Other than that, I've gotten the most fun out of The Wonderful 101 and Virtual Console games.
Pikmin 3 is still the best WiiU game to me. Simply outstanding and fresh.
Tropical Freeze too is awesome.

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Pikmin 3 is still the best WiiU game to me. Simply outstanding and fresh.
Tropical Freeze too is awesome.
They're not bad by any means, they just didn't live up to the hype in my opinion.

Still, can't really go wrong with first-party Ninty titles. I think any Wii U owner will have a blast with those.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm guessing you got the NSMBU bundle.
I haven't got anything yet bar SMBW which I found in my cd case. I'm going to get a used one just to try and get the cheapest Wii-u possible. Maybe I'll get a new one, but that's if I finally get a real job other than this at-home work. Who knows.

On an unrelated note- you can find me on Pokemon Online now. Don't ask- I have no wifi and I've been wanting to face real people instead of COMs.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Also, something we all need to understand, despite myself having some Sakurai hate too; from the feel of what Sakurai was saying in the beginning stages of Smash 4 development, he may not have even wanted to work on this game. Nintendo came to HIM about developing it, and he's still going through the injury stuff along with his own "hard times" about making a game like this and pleasing fans.

I would assume Sakurai may not have even had any intention of joining the team, but who knows. If he didn't? Hm. Regardless, he and his team do a good job, considering the way other Smash-like games turn out (PLAYSTATION ALL STARS BATTLE ROYALE). But...I sense since Brawl, he was trying to get these games off his chest.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So I finally got a good Wonka + Sakurai avatar right? Computer won't work. I'm at a library computer right now.

That Pac-Man trailer got me really pumped up... I don't care what the haters say, I'm gonna love SSB4.

Also, Sakurai made Kirby better looking... so imagine how G&W will look.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom