• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
Megaman does appear to be the weakest out of all the newcomers thus far. His U-Smash seems pretty terribad too.
Agreed. I tried mega man for a couple matches and I noticed i wasnt doing well against close range characters like big mac. Mega man has low knockback for his attacks unless it's the down smash,
Seems like megaman needs to rely on the special attacks more than smash.

PKmeloa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3394-3640-7660
Meanwhile, I'm here in the middle unable to form an opinion on the game, good or bad. Like really, you only get so much out of watching people play, FFA, items, uncomfortable controller (for the Best Buy demos) and an unfinished game that is still being worked on.
The gamepad is actually more comfortable than you think.

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
Double Post Warning Received
Agreed. I tried mega man for a couple matches and I noticed i wasnt doing well against close range characters like big mac. Mega man has low knockback for his attacks unless it's the down smash,
Seems like megaman needs to rely on the special attacks more than smash.
Low knockback you say? Perhaps there are some really good combos he can utilize. Or perhaps he is indeed weak.

That thing does feel way better than I initially thought it would. I just don't think I'll ever choose it over a GCN controller.

Last edited by a moderator:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I was forced to play with the Wii-U Pro. Which is flipping uncomfortable. Gamepad is slightly better with other games, but I would imagine hating it for Smash because of the placement of the second stick lol.,

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
After playing a lot of Zelda, Mario kart 8, and super mario 3d world, that **** is comfortable at first.

But for extended periods , it actually starts to hurt my hands. No controller I've held has hurt my hands, neither does playing full keyboard on online games.

Maybe I'm just holding it wrong, but I almost want to suffer just to use it because I love the personal screen so much.

Last edited:

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx

This man is the hero we need.

Even though plenty of people have been saying this.
I agree with prog, but I'll have to disagree with trying to break it down asap. People shouldn't expect this to be the final game, but if we analyze enough, we could see the differences from beta to the final version. It would be interesting to know who got buffed and nerfes

PKmeloa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3394-3640-7660
I was forced to play with the Wii-U Pro. Which is flipping uncomfortable. Gamepad is slightly better with other games, but I would imagine hating it for Smash because of the placement of the second stick lol.,
Oh, I assumed you meant the gamepad. That's a big mistake on my part, sorry.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I agree with prog, but I'll have to disagree with trying to break it down asap. People shouldn't expect this to be the final game, but if we analyze enough, we could see the differences from beta to the final version. It would be interesting to know who got buffed and nerfes
I think he means make a definite decision on whether or not it's a good game or not.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nintendo @ E3 2014
>Zelda x2
>Mario x4
>Pokemon x2
>Kirby
>Starfox
>Yoshi
>Xenoblade
>Bayonetta x2
>Fossil Fighters localization
>Not two, not three, but FIVE new IPs
>playable Smash x2 w/3 reveals
and Amiibo.

That's a pretty damn good E3.

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo @ E3 2014
>Zelda x2
>Mario x4
>Pokemon x2
>Kirby
>Starfox
>Yoshi
>Xenoblade
>Bayonetta x2
and Amiibo.

I would say that Nintendo had the strongest presence at E3. This could be a biased opinion, but I still hold it. I know their Wii U sales are not so great, but I don't see Nintendo going anywhere anytime soon with the amount of hype Smash yields.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Nintendo @ E3 2014
>Zelda x2
>Mario x4
>Pokemon x2
>Kirby
>Starfox
>Yoshi
>Xenoblade
>Bayonetta x2
and Amiibo.

What's the fourth Mario, the second Bayonetta, and the fifth new IP?

I know about Mario Maker, Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker, and Mario vs. Donkey Kong.
I know about Splatoon, Project Giant Robot, Project Guard, and Codename: Steam.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Nintendo @ E3 2014
>Zelda x2
>Mario x4
>Pokemon x2
>Kirby
>Starfox
>Yoshi
>Xenoblade
>Bayonetta x2
and Amiibo.

There's only one thing that was missing.

But still, I feel like it's safe to say that Nintendo won E3.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well at least the game didn't get canceled or anything, usually so long without an update isn't a good sign...
From what I know of Atlus, this is actually a common practice of theirs. Show a game off early. Don;t tell anything else about it till towards the end. xD

Anyways. I liked both Microsoft's and Nintendo's conferences equally. I think they both did great.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What's the fourth Mario, the second Bayonetta, and the fifth new IP?

I know about Mario Maker, Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker, and Mario vs. Donkey Kong.
I know about Splatoon, Project Giant Robot, Project Guard, and Codename: Steam.
Mario Party 10, Devil's Third, and Bayonetta 1.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
From what I know of Atlus, this is actually a common practice of theirs. Show a game off early. Don;t tell anything else about it till towards the end. xD

Anyways. I liked both Microsoft's and Nintendo's conferences equally. I think they both did great.
That might be true, but considering Nintendo would be the publisher and not Atlus they'd have more control over when and how they'd want to market the game - which includes pre-release trailers and such.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I just got home.

What was this "Mystery game" they supposedly were announcing today

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
With Mega Sableye we know they are adding more megas other than the starters

We need to have Mega Exploud now

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Goddamn... o_o

I've been gone since my Mom and I were watching the Treehouse all day today and getting hyped over all the games and laughing tons at certain showcases.

In 100% complete seriousness, what the hell happened to this section of the forum today? It's hatred and rage and arguments in almost every topic I look in! O_o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom