• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Actually, that can be a valid reason, just not to that extreme. If a game is too hard and you can't beat it, you're probably not going to enjoy it.
True. Although the problem is that most of the time that's the reason used for dismissing a game. Even games that are considered relatively easy.

also...
Still, that doesn't mean it outright sucks. Sure, Megaman is not the easiest game, but it's not bad.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Still, that doesn't mean it outright sucks. Sure, Megaman is not the easiest game, but it's not bad.
I'm not saying that means it sucks. I'm saying that if you can't beat a game no matter what and have tried a bunch of times, you're not going to enjoy the game much.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ok so I just got back from the Smash Fest. I stood in line for four hours to play 2 minuets and watch other people play. And I can definitely say that I can't make a strong opinion, good or bad, on the game.

Only 2 mins, FFA, items, and uncomfortable controller wasn't really the best experience to get a feel of the game. I was unable to test out anything I wanted. So yea, I have no strong impressions either way from the demo. And I don't think I am going to go through that again for Saturday, because it just doesn't seem worth it to do it again for another 2 mins.

I'm going to have to wait for the final version to really comment on it.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Looks like this is the game? Reminds me of Phantom Brave tbh.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
If I'm not mistaken, there's another Nintendo Treehouse stream tomorrow. Not sure if I should bother with it though.

Oh well, maybe I better sleep on it and make up my mind in the morning.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just woke up. Anything revealed worth talking about?
There's now a video of the Smash Roundtable. It goes a bit more in-depth of what to expect for character customization. It sounds a lot less broken than I thought it would be.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I wish Nintendo would upload the entire Pac-Man Vs. Mario Vs. Mega Man Vs. Sonic match from the roundtable.

I want to see how Pac-Man looks during an actual match.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
In the SSB4 tournament yesterday, there was a Mario with a new teal and pink palette swap. I like it, partially because I think it's a reference to Mario's colors on here:

Wario had a similar palette for his overalls in Brawl.

----

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Ok so I just got back from the Smash Fest. I stood in line for four hours to play 2 minuets and watch other people play. And I can definitely say that I can't make a strong opinion, good or bad, on the game.

Only 2 mins, FFA, items, and uncomfortable controller wasn't really the best experience to get a feel of the game. I was unable to test out anything I wanted. So yea, I have no strong impressions either way from the demo. And I don't think I am going to go through that again for Saturday, because it just doesn't seem worth it to do it again for another 2 mins.

I'm going to have to wait for the final version to really comment on it.
Well, in that case.
I might just skip out on the demo.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Took me two hours to play one round, got tired of standing in line for so long so I didn't bother staying any longer then that, not to mention there were nearly 150+ people at my particular Best Buy and I'm not a big fan of heavily crowded places to begin with, it was fun to see and talk with a few people but after a couple of hours I just felt drained. I couldn't enjoy Smash in that type of atmosphere.

On the plus side I did win that one round with Marth XD.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
The Smashfest WAS AWESOME!

There were a whole bunch of people. TFS jokes, a lot of screaming. Everyone loved Little Mac. The alts were cool.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
0:28 jesus ****ing christ it wasn't that exciting, LOL, some people...
It was for some people. If I didn't already heavily expect him to show up from the leak and all or even if I had seen it from the trailer and not from a tweet I would have lost it on that reveal. And I'm not even a Pac Man fan. It's a big deal.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Honestly, I think they should release the current demo of the 3DS and Wii-U for download on the Eshop.
The only issue I can think will happen is the limited usages (unless there's ways to make them unlimited). Other than that I see no reason why not to (especially since Nintendo wants to hype this as much as possible).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Speaking of alts, I found one of Megaman's colors so far on the VGBootCamp stream. There based off the Leaf Shield, Metal Blade, and Rush Jet. I think they look pretty cool. I'd probably use Classic Blue and the Red one. Sorry if the image is blurry. Not too sure what his other two will be based on though. Hard Knuckle Navy Blue/Gray would be sick.

Megaman SSB4 Color swaps.PNG

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
Alright so here were my impressions playing at Best Buy today:

The lines in the game are so long that you can't play, obviously Sakurai doesn't know what the **** is up or he would reduce the lines at BB and let everyone play, but it doesn't mater cause the game is just gonna suck i know this because I only ever played melee which was better but of course now im jaded and i hate that game too so **** that noise even if smash 4 is like melee it will still suck balls - im so good, ill rek ya i play fox n marth every day you play link? gay.

That's it. That's basically what my four and a half hour wait time at the Best Buy in Atlanta can be summed up in using a few run-on sentences. I didn't actually get to play the game because there were too many people.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I would love if they did a demo for smash even it was for 30 times use and it had Online multiplayer that way we can give feedback to sakurai on the forums of the problems and so forth

Alright so here were my impressions playing at Best Buy today:

The lines in the game are so long that you can't play, obviously Sakurai doesn't know what the **** is up or he would reduce the lines at BB and let everyone play, but it doesn't mater cause the game is just gonna suck i know this because I only ever played melee which was better but of course now im jaded and i hate that game too so **** that noise even if smash 4 is like melee it will still suck balls - im so good, ill rek ya i play fox n marth every day you play link? gay.

That's it. That's basically what my four and a half hour wait time at the Best Buy in Atlanta can be summed up in using a few run-on sentences. I didn't actually get to play the game because there were too many people.

Yes sakurai hears your pleas and teleports before you fixing all your problems good sir

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom