• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So this new IP is apparently being developed by Intelligent Systems... being the strategy game that it apparently is... that doesn't surprise me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Would you be paid for being on the debug team?

If so,I gotta learn Japanese...

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So what was the target game of that roundtable?
It's still going on. A new IP from Nintendo that is a turn based strategy game called "Code Name S.T.E.A.M.". See my posts above for a few more details including Abraham Lincoln... My take is that I don't particularly care for these kinds of games, but it sounds like they're trying to build this for people like me that don't particularly get into games like Fire Emblem so... I'll have to wait until I get a visual on it to tell you if I'm excited or not.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I'm back from playing the demo. Got to play two matches. I picked Pikachu and Rosalina. I'm glad Pikachu's blue goggles are back.

Also I LOVE Rosalina's yellow color. So gold and beautiful. <3

Anyway from what I played it was really fun...granted, I can't tell you how it compared speed wise, but it was fun. I won my round with Pikachu but lost, (horribly), with Rosalina. Rosalina is a very tricky character. It's easy to assume the luma is in a place where its not in FFA. Might be easier 1v1 though. Rosalina's attacks also seem to come out a tiny bit slow.

Pikachu is still fun.

Looks like my most played characters will be Pikachu, Palutena, and Rosalina. <3

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Some dudes made a Mega Buster replica. This looks kind of cool. I imagine that this could help with a Halloween costume too. But it's not finished yet.

Last edited:

PKmeloa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3394-3640-7660
I don't get it. People keep pressuring Nintendo to make a new IP (and it even sounds cool) and when they finally do people just completely overlook it and call it crap without even seeing it, yet again to keep bombarding them to remake old games, and on top of that, they keep taking the piss for it...

It's like a lose-lose situation.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Impressions on Greninja during the Smashfest I played at Glen Burnie:

The demo near me didn't use Gamecube Controllers, they used Pro Controllers, so it was very hard for me to test anything. (Buttons are traditional PS/Xbox diamond layout, so X and Y were in odd places on the left, and A was above B, on the right.)

Greninja:

Very fast dash and run speed, though not as good as Little Mac.
Grab seems to have more range than I thought. Didn't grab often due to Pro Controller.
Insanely high jumps. Like Fox and Falco but x2. I footstooled someone and literally scaled the entire stage of Battlefield.
Dude's got range with those limbs, and to extend his range, he gets blades and projectiles.
Stays very low to the ground, especially when running.
Seemed to be the average weight for the game.

Jab: Rarely used his jabs, but as one should expect, without SDIing and with the new jab followups, anyone with jab loops now has a reason to use it.
Dash Attack: Seems good, though I only saw it being used, didn't use it myself.
Ftilt: Laggy as hell on recovery, though he reaches pretty far with his leg; still wouldn't use it unless you know it's going to hit.
Utilt: Didn't really use it.
Dtilt: Again, didn't really use it.
Fsmash: Pretty good, above average smash due to the range and speed, though with the way the game's kill power is this didn't have anyone dead, or even relatively near blast zones, until over 130% at the side of the stage.
Dsmash: Didn't really use it.
Usmash: Fast, both on startup and especially on recovery, and even hits on his sides somewhat. Above average. Would compare to a single slash Metaknight usmash, or reverse Wolf usmash.

Nair: Awful, in my opinion. Very short-window water hitbox that seems to cover around him, and I was very vulnerable after that; I started short hopping and Nairing over and over with fastfalling, and it looked really bad.
Fair: Above average. He uses a short water blade, so obviously the hitbox is nice, and it's quick. Didn't seem to have a ton of recovery, and it even seemed to autocancel well.
Bair: Amazing. With this game's air mobility, it's like 3 Wolf bairs in a row. He reaches far with this and it even seemed to autocancel like Fair did, but the recovery is somewhat considerable.
Uair: Christ-like. (This is an upward drill move with his legs, similar to Sheik, but multihitting.) This move was comboing into itself and had extremely low recovery and startup. Would argue that as far as I tested it is his best move.
Dair: Double-edged sword. Fast, extremely fast at that, and at higher heights it does stop (Sonic dair). This move is christ-like if it hits; massively safe, and he pops himself up so high I don't know if anyone can contest it on block. If it whiffs? Pray. Can dair right after another dair.

Neutral-B: Average. This move does level Greninja off if he uses it in the air, but only for a moment, so he cancels his momentum and then starts falling afterward, but does not go into special-fall. Light, uncharged shurikens interrupt and at other percents will send enemies back somewhat, but not far. Fully charged, carries them the entire shuriken's distance and hits hard at the end. Good luck fully charging this, as you can't hold the charge like you can with Samus.
Down-B: Don't use it. It's a counter. (NOTE THAT THE LOG HE SWITCHES PLACES WITH STAYS IN PLAY SITUATIONALLY)
SideB: Awful AS FAR AS I'VE TESTED. I DID NOT TEST CHARGING TELEPORTS. I couldn't figure out how to use this thing, but regardless? The startup is decent. The recovery is horribly long, and I'm sure it's really easy to react to.
UpB: Great recovery move, though highly vulnerable. When he levels off from the second boost in the air he floats considerably. If done on the ground, he boosts himself up very high, and usually you can follow up off of it, but it can be strange to do.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I don't get it. People keep pressuring Nintendo to make a new IP (and it even sounds cool) and when they finally do people just completely overlook it and call it crap without even seeing it, yet again to keep bombarding them to remake old games, and on top of that, they keep taking the piss for it...

I'll say this, I'm not the biggest fan of turn based strategy games, but like I said, it sounds like they're making this precisely for people like me, so I'll have to see them demo it on tomorrow's Treehouse Live before I can develop a proper opinion.

Naw, what bugs me is whenever they announce a character for Smash Bros and if it isn't either a monster or an anime style character, they flip their top. It's like... Smash Bros isn't allowed to have any character that isn't similar to either Ike or Bowser. The minute we get something similar to Villager or Pac-man, people go nuts.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

It's to complex reality of consumer goods of any kind, in general the vast majority of people don't really know what they want, even when you directly ask for it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

People are telling them to make new IPs?

I never heard that. All I've ever heard was people clamoring for Metroid, F-Zero, Earthbound, etc.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I normally hear people talk about them giving attention to IPs like F-Zero or Metroid. Besides, Miyamoto is finally making a Starfox game. That should hold people over for a little.

Though I can't say I'm too heavily interested in any remakes at the moment.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
so whats the average kill % this time around? it seems to be 110 to 120 from what ive gathered....unless people just suck at killing in the demo

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
so whats the average kill % this time around? it seems to be 110 to 120 from what ive gathered....unless people just suck at killing in the demo
Hard to say for me, a lot of people I've seen playing...well, they sort of suck, so the percents at KO are all over the place.

Really, my biggest complaint for this game so far is that the Bonuses from Melee did not return.

Cinderella Man

Smash Rookie
There's no way I'm the only person hoping someone takes the demo disc home and uploads it right? Lmfao.

I honestly can't wait 6+ months to play this game!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's some more Mortal Kombat X gameplay. We get to see Sub-Zero's Fatality. And there's Sonya's and Cage's daughter as a playable fighter. Suffice to say, it's pretty violent. But that's the sort of thing you expect from Mortal Kombat.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Here's some more Mortal Kombat X gameplay. We get to see Sub-Zero's Fatality. And there's Sonya's and Cage's daughter as a playable fighter. Suffice to say, it's pretty violent. But that's the sort of thing you expect from Mortal Kombat.

Cassie Cage's x-ray (specifically the version on male characters) will make most guys cringe in pain.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sorry if I'm double posting. But I wanted to post the video of the Smash Roundtable Nintendo just on Youtube. It goes a bit more in depth on the character customization. We can get 3 different versions of each characters attacks. I'm so going to use the Scalding FLUDD, it sounds like it'll do damage. Same goes for the Fire Uppercut.

EDIT: Nevermind

Cassie Cage's x-ray (specifically the version on male characters) will make most guys cringe in pain.
What did you expect? All her dad did was take nut shots. Getting hit in the crotch would hurt like hell for anyone.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I automatically put Xenoblade Chronicles X on my to-get list when they showed you can make your own character.

Specifically, that you can make a female character. A must for any game I play.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. They're either idiots who dismiss the games for no reason or they legitimately want new IPs. Most of them are the former.
Just because Nintendo made a new IP, doesn't mean we are legally obligated to like it.

#FanBoyMindsets

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Just because Nintendo made a new IP, doesn't mean we are legally obligated to like it.

#FanBoyMindsets
Of course. No one ever said they were. But most of the time the games are dismissed for terrible reasons. (Example: "This game is too hard. That means it sucks!")

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Of course. No one ever said they were. But most of the time the games are dismissed for terrible reasons. (Example: "This game is too hard. That means it sucks!")
Actually, that can be a valid reason, just not to that extreme. If a game is too hard and you can't beat it, you're probably not going to enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom