• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
I would love if they did a demo for smash even it was for 30 times use and it had Online multiplayer that way we can give feedback to sakurai on the forums of the problems and so forth

Yes sakurai hears your pleas and teleports before you fixing all your problems good sir
Wow when you said this I didn't believe you but then I went into my living room and there was Sakurai and he was like "hey i heard everything you said and now I fixd it" and I looked over and he had broken my tv murdered my doggy and eaten all the food in my fridge so I said "no you didn't you just ****ed everything up" and he just says "Well you can play Master Hand in Smash 4 isnt that what you always wanted BB?" and I said "can I just have my dog back?" and he said "in Smash 5."

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The amount of hate threads on both sides sickens me. People aren't allowed to express themselves without being "stuck in the past" or "causal"

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The amount of hate threads on both sides sickens me. People aren't allowed to express themselves without being "stuck in the past" or "causal"
Meanwhile, I'm here in the middle unable to form an opinion on the game, good or bad. Like really, you only get so much out of watching people play, FFA, items, uncomfortable controller (for the Best Buy demos) and an unfinished game that is still being worked on.

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
Meanwhile, I'm here in the middle unable to form an opinion on the game, good or bad. Like really, you only get so much out of watching people play, FFA, items, uncomfortable controller (for the Best Buy demos) and an unfinished game that is still being worked on.
On a serious note.
Given up on caring what other people feel about the game at this point.

I'll be buying this game. I was good at the other Smash games; I'll be good at this Smash game. I may not know exactly how the game will play but I do know one thing: I'll enjoy the game for years to come, and nobody can stop me.

On a separate note, while I didn't get to play today, I was able to watch your average joe (not average in skill level, just average as in every-day person) play for several hours. I noticed that Bowser seemed pretty formidable and that Samus (suited) was significantly faster.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Meanwhile, I'm just over here enjoying every game like some sort of psychopath.

Also, changed my main to Pac-Man. Nostalgia and the fact that his moveset looks incredibly fun to play with means I'll be using him a LOT.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Yup. I really like it I took every oppourtunity I had to play it. I tried ZSS (twice lol). Zelda (still sucks :( ) Rosalina (impossible for a FFA + not my playstyle), Pit( eh... I couldn't get a feel for him), Wii Fit trainer ( she's good but she takes time), Samus ( I really don't think Samus is too good). and Kirby (not much to say. he doesn't change much though his voice is top notch) I think that was it.

Of course I realize the game can change but as it is those are the impressions I got with the characters I played. ZSS and Rosalina were the only ones I got to play in a FFA. The rest were in Smash run so yea... stat changes lol. Theres not much I can say hahaha. Take it with a grain of salt. As a primarily Melee player that has been playing Brawl competitively online since about January I really think this is a good game physics wise. Hit stun+ faster running = better than Brawl.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yup. I really like it I took every oppourtunity I had to play it. I tried ZSS (twice lol). Zelda (still sucks :( ) Rosalina (impossible for a FFA + not my playstyle), Pit( eh... I couldn't get a feel for him), Wii Fit trainer ( she's good but she takes time), Samus ( I really don't think Samus is too good). and Kirby (not much to say. he doesn't change much though his voice is top notch) I think that was it.
How did you get to play it so much!?

I only got to play it once. I had to wait in line for 4+ hours to do even that.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
How did you get to play it so much!?

I only got to play it once. I had to wait in line for 4+ hours to do even that.
Well I went to the Charlottesville VA place. The line was less than an hour and they had people come across with the Smash run demo to those of us in line. I grabbed it as much as I could and I waited in line 3 times to play the Wii U version. Sometimes I would grab someone elses demo they started and couldn't finish. I then finished it and started another with my own character haha.

The colors in this game... Oh my gosh. Red ZSS and Silver Samus!!!!

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well I went to the Charlottesville VA place. The line was less than an hour and they had people come across with the Smash run demo to those of us in line. I grabbed it as much as I could and I waited in line 3 times to play the Wii U version. Sometimes I would grab someone elses demo they started and couldn't finish. I then finished it and started another with my own character haha.
Sounds like you had fun. Meanwhile, I'm going to one in the heart of Atlanta. I feel like a lot of time will be wasted. XP

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
We can't just accept whatever they dish out. This is our only chance to give input to the nintendo reps for a highly competitive smash bros like melee. If we just accept everything, nothing will change and it will stay like brawl 2.0 hd for the next 8 years

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
DON'T get me started on Hyrule Warriors.

Man, they are doing everything right for me. Never played a Warriors game, don't care, Midna is in the game, day one purchase.
I really liked Dynasty Warriors. Sure it's a mindless hack and slash, so you probably won't be coming back for more after the 80 or so hour mark, but you'll have a blast getting there, I can almost guarantee it.

Of course I realize the game can change but as it is those are the impressions I got with the characters I played. ZSS and Rosalina were the only ones I got to play in a FFA. The rest were in Smash run so yea... stat changes lol. Theres not much I can say hahaha. Take it with a grain of salt. As a primarily Melee player that has been playing Brawl competitively online since about January I really think this is a good game physics wise. Hit stun+ faster running = better than Brawl.
I don't want to assume anything about how much you played Samus in previous iterations, but a lot of her power lies in the successful execution of singular combos or moves, rendering anyone who doesn't play her very on point slightly underwhelmed. The people I saw playing today seemed to be able to easily pull of several very impressive combos, so I would give her another shot if you get to play again on Saturday.

Sakurai also noted yesterday during the Invitational that nobody had picked Samus, "the strongest character in the game."

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
We can't just accept whatever they dish out. This is our only chance to give input to the nintendo reps for a highly competitive smash bros like melee. If we just accept everything, nothing will change and it will stay like brawl 2.0 hd for the next 8 years
But then again, we don't have to throw out everything either.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
This. People think that if you don't like the game than you suck and should stick with Melee. I disagree with people flaming/cursing at each other. Theres room for discussion about what was good and bad about the game. Their main arguments are "the roster is good and so are all the extra things." that just doesn't work when gameplay is not up to par to some people.

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
This is a strong point, and I agree that we should all be voicing our opinions and ideas about the game, you never know when Sakurai or another developer or even some tester may be reading. That being said, there are a lot of really negative vibes going around while I'm trying to get my hype-train to full speed and I ain't trying to dash-dance here.

And if the leak is true, then the roster isn't even that great.
A lot of the newcomers do seem rather underwhelming. I saw Mega-man get murked a lot today, but on the other hand I did see Greninja getting a lot of kills.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I really liked Dynasty Warriors. Sure it's a mindless hack and slash, so you probably won't be coming back for more after the 80 or so hour mark, but you'll have a blast getting there, I can almost guarantee it.

I don't want to assume anything about how much you played Samus in previous iterations, but a lot of her power lies in the successful execution of singular combos or moves, rendering anyone who doesn't play her very on point slightly underwhelmed. The people I saw playing today seemed to be able to easily pull of several very impressive combos, so I would give her another shot if you get to play again on Saturday.

Sakurai also noted yesterday during the Invitational that nobody had picked Samus, "the strongest character in the game."
Actually I only tried Samus in Smash run :p so what I think of her really doesn't mean much. Samus is my 3rd best in Melee after Falco then Doc and I'm a pretty decent player (I'd say lol I can super wave dash and cancel lag on missiles if thats any kind of resume). Missile canceling is out which kinda saddened me. That was really important for Samus. I didn't get the chance to try and zair then do other attacks. The charge shot is crazy fast. Samus is "good" but just not in the same way as before if that makes any sense. I'm sure there are things that are good about her I wasn't noticing because I was in Smash run.

Dash dancing gets a big thumbs down for being worse than Brawls. Like there was no distance gained from it with any character. I was ZSS on the Wii U when I tried it and it was just dumb. It was like standing still with puffs coming from your feet. It wasn't any good for dodging attacks.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
On a serious note.
Given up on caring what other people feel about the game at this point.

I'll be buying this game. I was good at the other Smash games; I'll be good at this Smash game. I may not know exactly how the game will play but I do know one thing: I'll enjoy the game for years to come, and nobody can stop me.

On a separate note, while I didn't get to play today, I was able to watch your average joe (not average in skill level, just average as in every-day person) play for several hours. I noticed that Bowser seemed pretty formidable and that Samus (suited) was significantly faster.
Were you at Mall of GA? My buddy and I stopped there, saw the line, and went to Buckhead instead and got a lot more playtime

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Bothered by the fact Japan gets this first and we all don't get it at the same time like Pokemon. I'll be leaving the boards when the Japan version comes out, as I rather not know all the hidden characters.
Is there actually a source for this? As I haven't seen anything about that.

EDIT - Nvm, just found it.

Last edited:

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
Actually I only tried Samus in Smash run :p so what I think of her really doesn't mean much. Samus is my 3rd best in Melee after Falco then Doc and I'm a pretty decent player (I'd say lol I can super wave dash and cancel lag on missiles if thats any kind of resume). Missile canceling is out which kinda saddened me. That was really important for Samus. I didn't get the chance to try and zair then do other attacks. The charge shot is crazy fast. Samus is "good" but just not in the same way as before if that makes any sense. I'm sure there are things that are good about her I wasn't noticing because I was in Smash run.
Ok cool see that's why I didn't want to assume anything about anyone's skills :p
Yeah the missile cancelling is something I'm gonna miss, and I also miss the hit-box and delay on her melee NAIR, but I still think she'll be pretty strong. I was intending on playing Link as my get-used-to-the-engine-with-a-familiar-character pick, but now I think I'll pick her instead.

Were you at Mall of GA? My buddy and I stopped there, saw the line, and went to Buckhead instead and got a lot more playtime
Wow what the ****? We were at Buckhead by 4:00 and we were the cutoff dudes. I don't know if you saw a dude in a sick Hawaiian shirt, but we bailed out around 8:30. We did get free front-of-the-line wrist bands for Saturday though.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
This is a strong point, and I agree that we should all be voicing our opinions and ideas about the game, you never know when Sakurai or another developer or even some tester may be reading. That being said, there are a lot of really negative vibes going around while I'm trying to get my hype-train to full speed and I ain't trying to dash-dance here.

A lot of the newcomers do seem rather underwhelming. I saw Mega-man get murked a lot today, but on the other hand I did see Greninja getting a lot of kills.
I really don't like the idea of chorus men from Rhythm Heaven coming to Smash bros though the series is fun i don't think it be a Newcomer to represent really anyway im hoping for cooler characters like maybe Tetra or Demise or Cranky Kong yes i said Cranky Kong i want that old geezer kicking ass in smash more than Chorus men i mean chorus sounds fun but idk it just feels that roster is getting odd no offense to anyones opinion on what they add of course

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
I really don't like the idea of chorus men from Rhythm Heaven coming to Smash bros though the series is fun i don't think it be a Newcomer to represent really anyway im hoping for cooler characters like maybe Tetra or Demise or Cranky Kong yes i said Cranky Kong i want that old geezer kicking *** in smash more than Chorus men i mean chorus sounds fun but idk it just feels that roster is getting odd no offense to anyones opinion on what they add of course
*nods* Pretty much. A character I don't care about, but we'll see, it took me a while to warm up to some characters like Game-and-Watch. This just means that two years down the road when I've gotten pretty good at most of the characters, I can find even more replay value by trying to pick this character up. If he's even in it. Idk I do want to see more, stronger newcomers.

Earthbound_PKMN_Trainer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roboticsuperstar
3DS FC
0731-6040-6586
Smash Fest was quite fun in SF. Played some Project M in line outside before they let us in.

Once in, I was handed a 3DS set to Smash Run, I chose quickly Greninja. I liked it ... ran smooth and lovely. Smash Run was formidable. No battle for me at the end of the five minute run though.

Smash for Wii U looked stunning. Got to play two rounds, two minutes each; four player free-for-all. Played as Mega Man and Rosa*Luma. Felt really fluid. Nothing you guys don't know, it is faster than brawl but not melee speed. Still enjoyed it for the most part.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Ok cool see that's why I didn't want to assume anything about anyone's skills :p
Yeah the missile cancelling is something I'm gonna miss, and I also miss the hit-box and delay on her melee NAIR, but I still think she'll be pretty strong. I was intending on playing Link as my get-used-to-the-engine-with-a-familiar-character pick, but now I think I'll pick her instead.

Wow what the ****? We were at Buckhead by 4:00 and we were the cutoff dudes. I don't know if you saw a dude in a sick Hawaiian shirt, but we bailed out around 8:30. We did get free front-of-the-line wrist bands for Saturday though.
I may have seen you but not sure. I probably left around that time. I'm going back Saturday if you'll be there.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Speaking of Mega Man, holy **** that Final Smash.

They even mentioned it on the Treehouse when Reggie showed up to talk about Smash Bros.

The crowd at the invitational freaking exploded when his Final Smash was activated. I guarantee that each and every person watching that tournament was waiting patiently for that moment.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
But then again, we don't have to throw out everything either.
Throwing out everything would be too drastic. I think mostly the physics and hit stun should be reworked
This. People think that if you don't like the game than you suck and should stick with Melee. I disagree with people flaming/cursing at each other. Theres room for discussion about what was good and bad about the game. Their main arguments are "the roster is good and so are all the extra things." that just doesn't work when gameplay is not up to par to some people.
It's difficult to have a decent conversation with hard headed people like that. Totally agree with you

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Megaman does appear to be the weakest out of all the newcomers thus far. His U-Smash seems pretty terribad too.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
*nods* Pretty much. A character I don't care about, but we'll see, it took me a while to warm up to some characters like Game-and-Watch. This just means that two years down the road when I've gotten pretty good at most of the characters, I can find even more replay value by trying to pick this character up. If he's even in it. Idk I do want to see more, stronger newcomers.
Yes there's plenty they can use and they know it they're more like what i just played and that's playstation all stars which they add whats basically new or grabbing the attention of gamers with all stars having the ability of dlc adding new characters you'd think they would add cool different characters no they don't they add zeus and the guy dead space now the guy dead space was fine but zeus? they said before that they wanted to add one character from each game and make it unique fighter if im right on what i remember but you just added a GOW character again and went back on what you said i mean if sakurai embraces the idea of dlc characters then maybe i can relax about the roster but until then i can't man i really wish miis were a dlc character

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
DON'T get me started on Hyrule Warriors.

Man, they are doing everything right for me. Never played a Warriors game, don't care, Midna is in the game, day one purchase.
As a player of warriors and legend of zelda, when they said the title of the game, the money just vanished out of my wallet.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Is there any footage of the new Star Fox game for Wii U besides the blurry screen with Miyamoto? I really want to see that thing in action.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
As a player of warriors and legend of zelda, when they said the title of the game, the money just vanished out of my wallet.
For it was more gradual.

Hyrule Warriors is a crossover between Zelda and Dynasty Warriors.

"Oh that's cool".

It will feature multiple playable characters like Link, Zelda, Impa...

"Oh that's really cool".

"Also, Midna."

"SOLD".

Last edited:

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
For it was more gradual.

Hyrule Warriors is a crossover between Zelda and Dynasty Warriors.

"Oh that's cool".

It will feature multiple playable characters like Link, Zelda, Impa...

"Oh that's really cool".

"Also, Midna."

"SOLD".

For me it was like

"Hyru..."

"****ing sold."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom