• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
After doing much thinking,and as E3 approaches, my last speculative predictions are:
  • We are going to receive 1 (and only 1) more Pokemon fighter on the roster.
    • The only reason we got 6 Pokemon characters in brawl was due to the transformation mechanic. With that gone I doubt the Pokemon series is going to have any more than X fighters on the roster. (X = how many fighters from the mario series. (That's characters with a Mushroom icon for you wise guys:rolleyes:))
  • The time to unveil whether Ridley is truly a playable character IS at E3.
    • Leaning towards boss hazard though.
  • We'll get a minimum of 3 newcomers and at least 3 Veterans.
    • Expect 2 of the newcomers to be revealed during the E3 direct, and one more will be revealed later (Dev round table, at the end of the invitationals etc)
    • Captain Falcon and Wario are 2 of them.
  • Smash 3DS will come out late July.
  • Gamecube adapter will be priced at $24.99 USD
  • Hungrybox will be salty at some point of the invitationals. Cause of salt? RNG explosive items.
That means that if we get a Zelda newcomer we won't get Ganondorf...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I want the trio of games to be named Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire and Chaos Emerald.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Square Enix has shown some E3 stuff. Apparently FFXV and KH3 won't be seen at E3. At the end there is a teaser for KH3
2.5 is coming out December 5th eh?

Guess I better get off my ass and finish up 1.5 then. As I'm going through the story again, since I will finally get the chance to play Birth by Sleep.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I had a crazy dream. I'll quote myself from another thread.
I had the weirdest, craziest dream last night. I was watching E3, and they showed a newcomer. It looked like Ridley with two pieces of fabric attached to his sides, and it was called something weird. They said they were just joking, and they changed the name. Then, later they said that they were joking again, and they removed the fabric and it was actually Ridley that time. Then, later there was something about my sister, and even later, there was something about the Mario Kart 8 stage Toad Harbor. It was completely and utterly messed up.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
In exactly two days from now, we will be witnessing greatness, so here's the penultimate Nintendo remix I post here.

A dubstep remix of the Dark World theme from the Zelda series. Can you guess what song will be the last remix I post here?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
In exactly two days from now, we will be witnessing greatness, so here's the penultimate Nintendo remix I post here.

A dubstep remix of the Dark World theme from the Zelda series. Can you guess what song will be the last remix I post here?
Well, I don't know how remixing this song can make it better but this is the best encouragement song I heard:

Tough, if you really want a zelda music, pick this one which is really emotionally imersive.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm hoping to hear something about Bravely Second :troll:
No,Seriously.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If anyone wants to hear the previous remixes I posted during the last week, here are links:

F-Zero - Big Blue
Kirby - Fountain of Dreams
Fire Emblem 7 - Medley
Super Metroid - Brinstar Medley

I'm hoping to hear something about Bravely Second :troll:
No,Seriously.
And you remind me of how I have yet to buy Bravely Default... Really enjoyed the demo, having maxed all characters' levels on all jobs and getting all possible rewards from it.

I liked the idea of playing the demo to receive rewards for the main game.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Can't believe it's been a whole year. Felt like a couple of months tops.
Yeah. Waiting for this game has been so much easier than waiting for Brawl. For Brawl we practically had to wait a year before news really started coming out. I would argue that, as far as news went, October was the only "bad" month because of how slow things were but November and December easily made up for it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And you remind me of how I have yet to buy Bravely Default... Really enjoyed the demo, having maxed all characters' levels on all jobs and getting all possible rewards from it.

I liked the idea of playing the demo to receive rewards for the main game.
Well,a certain teaser if you got the TRUE ending (which I won't spoil since you never played) got it hyped.
It's actually not that hard to get Max Leveled(99).

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Here's my final E3 Prediction

Newcomers

Krystal
Chrom
Shulk
Palutena
Paper Mario
Ridley
PacMan

Alternate Costumes

Shadow the Hedgehog- Sonic
Cat suits- Mario and Luigi
PED Suit Samus- Samus
Dr Mario- Mario

Veterans

Ganondorf
Falco
Captain Falcon
Ness
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Wario
Mr Game And Watch
R.O.B.

Cuts

Snake
Wolf

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Why would Microsoft post something Nintendo related?
I sense a dark force that comes soon.
I don't. Even though they're competitors and they make fun of Nintendo a lot, both Sony and Microsoft have a lot of respect for Nintendo. Mario and Zelda have influenced just about every modern game developer to some degree and I doubt that's going to change anytime soon. If you're a gamer, there's probably at least one Nintendo franchise that means a lot to you and Sony and Microsoft are fully aware of this. Nintendo is simply a staple of gamer culture.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't. Even though they're competitors and they make fun of Nintendo a lot, both Sony and Microsoft have a lot of respect for Nintendo. Mario and Zelda have influenced just about every modern game developer to some degree and I doubt that's going to change anytime soon. If you're a gamer, there's probably at least one Nintendo franchise that means a lot to you and Sony and Microsoft are fully aware of this. Nintendo is simply a staple of gamer culture.
B-but Nintendo is DOOMED! They're irrelevant now! They only make games for kiddies and soccer moms! Their games aren't mature and are too cutesy! Wii U sells poorly and will be like what Dreamcast was for Sega!

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Man, I should not have been as entertained as I was while watching this.
But it's so good.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Man, I should not have been as entertained as I was while watching this.
But it's so good.
I'm not gonna lie, I was really hoping this would spawn into more videos.

Edit : And upon looking in the side links. it did pick up.

YES!!!!!!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
We know they're devolving. Not evolving. There is no twist to be seen. It isn't there. It's different. There is no Mega Stones, completely killing it being anywhere near the same. There is no reason they wouldn't at least mention it after showing off the other Megas. It doesn't make sense or add up.
And again, where are you getting this "there's no Mega Stone" from? We only have the name, we know nothing else except that (at least according to Serebii) that "it works similar to Mega Evolution," so please tell me how we know that 100%?

Actually, no. This is ridiculous. Both are returning to their base form as a concept(that's a fact). How they're doing it as different, that's all. One's an Ancient Devolution, the other is fusing to return to what your ancient form was. It's impossible that they don't have similarities because they obviously do.
Which again, it's not devolving, the Original Dragon is not a form of Kyurem, Kyurem is a piece of it like Zekrom and Reshiram. None of those "evolve" or "devolve" into it, they can only reform into it.

Really, it seems we're not going to agree, so lets drop it because it's not going anywhere.

The point in the story doesn't matter. They both happened. And both showed up in the stories too. I'd like to note that they did evolve into the Ancient Evolutions during the show too.
They both happened within their lore, but are not physically present at any point in time during the arcs of the games or show (the movie only has Greymon and Garurumon, and even then they're just manifestations), there's your similarity.

Technically already confirmed. They aren't form changes, as the name would say it like that. Black and White Kyurem don't even count either, as they're fusions.(and not even an evolution)
Hold onto that thought as I'll get to that later.

Also, as the general concept, Black/White Kyurem are officially considered (or at least treated as) forms, so I don't see why you're trying to rewrite the Word of God there.

It was obvious they'd be combined again if they were split up. It wasn't even hard to tell at all. Fusions were not favored too much, of course, due to it being something similar to Digimon and even Yugioh. Who wants to combine the series again? Few if any period.
Again, you're missing the point. The thing isn't that we figured they would reform, the thing is we didn't know anything about how, why, whatever until more information came out. That type of information alluded us until GF wanted to reveal more on the concept.

The point is, we were given very little no information, don't mistake speculation for fact.

An honestly, people need to stop thinking Pokémon is above using other concepts, neither of those franchises have monopolies on the ideas, nor were they the first to use them, and saying "they shouldn't because it's already been done" is just setting up the series to never improve and grow. Everything has been done, even the monster concept has been done before Pokémon, so the last thing we need is for it to become even more stagnant then it's already accused of.

Not sure where you got that idea. In fact, I think it's neither of the above. Mega Evolutions require a Mega Stone, a major body difference(something that is blatantly lacking), and a worn item.
-And again, how do you know they aren't using Mega Stones?
-Minor changes of which, may or may not matter.
-Which we don't know it requires as nothing has come out on the matter.

Assumption=/=fact.

However, it's likely they evolve outside of battle anyway, so they might be closer to an item-induced form change(somewhat similar to the DNA Slicers at best), or something entirely different. Not enough information, besides being confirmed as not being an actual Mega Evolution in any way.
Potentially, but we know very little, so nothing is certain.

If it's not the same name, it's a different mechanic. They actually are extremely consistent with their naming schemes. Forms have that word or Mode in it, and were confirmed as forms too. Like Aegislash's two modes. Those were confirmed as form differences, which were either doable in battle, or by an item outside of battle(or by interacting with an item outside of battle). Overall, it's pretty consistent. Modes are always in-battle. Form Changes are outside of battles. Fusion was a special one similar to a Form Change, but it had different rules and was clearly a different concept, as "using an item" was the only similar bit. Two Pokemon being turned into one was extremely new.
No, that is not the difference. The only difference given is that Forme Changes are those that have minor aesthetic changes with no stats changes, and forms that have major changes in both aspects. That is the only differentiation recognized.

Nowhere is it implied he didn't beat them or have their powers period. We were given zero explanation on why he could fusion change into his other combinations. The only thing that was specific was his true transformation, using the powers of both. Besides, most of the movies aren't even in continuity with the Anime, so it means little. Many of the movies just throw in their powers without an explanation. Mega Mewtwo Y wasn't even referred to as a Mega Pokemon in the movie. It was likely written and faithfully translated before Gamefreak was ready to show up of the actual Mega Pokemon concept, which also explains why no trainers were needed for it to switch around. Another issue is that in execution, it was literally identical to a Mode difference(which Mega Evolutions are pretty similar to things like Aegislash's Mode changes. The trigger is obviously different), where you could only switch up in battle. Mega Evolutions weren't actually very similar to form changes in the first place. At best, the idea of transforming into a majorly differently designed Pokemon while keeping some of your general base design is similar, but they worked extremely differently. Being in battle was kind of important, after all.
The first movie is referred to in the first series, Dawn has a Lunar Wing from The Rise of Darkrai in the Cresselia episode, and Genesect was referred to in the BW anime. So no, they're canon in some sense.

Regardless, that's making assumptions, as well as concessions for a type of Pokemon media that really does its own thing when representing the games (ex. Aim for the Horn!). The anime has no jurisdiction in serving to tell us how the games work, much less how things changed in development because they're already loose with canon as is, they could've represented those elements that way for many reasons other then pre-development changes.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Gah.

Last night by SD card was working just fine. It was allowing me to move files and delete file and stuff.

Now it's messing up again. It won't allow me to move files to it or delete files, and pops up with that same write-protected bullcrap. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't it seems. And before you ask, no my SD card is not locked up. The little switch on the side is exactly where it is suppose to be to not lock it up. >_>

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Kinda disappointed about Sceptile getting 4x Ice Beam, but I'm still more hyped for this than I was for X and Y. It seems they're brightening the game up, I thought X and Y looked kinda dull visually. I'm definitely getting OmegaRuby, because Team Magma are awesome. I'm also going to soft reset until I get a shiny Groundon and then call him Shrek, lol. :troll: No seriously, I'm doing that.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net...590_845485742148166_2985736334029726622_n.jpg
(has cursing)

I love this picture so much. It's like a perfect representation of all the stupid and pointless "leak speculation" that goes on at this forum most of the time.
Giving him a warning because of a pic that has the F word in it?

I'm also going to soft reset until I get a shiny Groundon and then call him Shrek, lol. :troll: No seriously, I'm doing that.
But such a name would be more fitting for Kyogre, would it not? Or was that the joke?

----

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's a PERFECTLY Dark force.
Obviously, that means Nintendo is gonna be bought by Microsoft. Enjoy your Nintendo Xbox.

What if I told you guys i'm naked right now?
I assume the temperature wherever you are is really high and:
- You're with someone who doesn't mind seeing you naked. (Example: a lover.)
- You're alone, so no one can ***** about it.
- You're a nudist.

Assumptions aside:

Giving him a warning because of a pic that has the F word in it?
http://smashboards.com/help/terms

You're welcome.

Yes EVEN MOOOOORRREE!!!!!
Lacks King Dedede's voice clips from Brawl to be absolute perfection.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom