• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Unless it pertains to Sonic in a negative way; in that event, it is still a stupid argument.
So, in a sense.
S + T = Y
S - T = X
(S * -J) + T = X
Se = Y
N(Se) = Y
N =/= N(Se) = X + B
The mathematical formula of Cliff.
x = Stupid
y = Not stupid
S = Sonic
T = Topic
B = Biased
J = Jokes
N = Nintendo
Se = Sega

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So, in a sense.
S + T = Y
S - T = X
(S * -J) + T = X
Se = Y
N(Se) = Y
N =/= N(Se) = X + B
The mathematical formula of Cliff.
x = Stupid
y = Not stupid
S = Sonic
T = Topic
B = Biased
J = Jokes
N = Nintendo
Se = Sega
I've talked about things other than Sonic, and you must've missed the fire emblem discussion that transpired a few days ago, NOT STUPID!!! The main thing is that I don't think the pronunciation of Pokemon names is anything to fight over, especially Arceus

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yall talkin' bout pronouncing Pokemon names.

While I'll just stand here in my little corner all alone continuing to pronounce them however I want to, whether it is the correct way or not.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I've talked about things other than Sonic, and you must've missed the fire emblem discussion that transpired a few days ago, NOT STUPID!!! The main thing is that I don't think the pronunciation of Pokemon names is anything to fight over, especially Arceus
We're not fighting over it, no one is being aggressive now.
Though you are getting unnecessarily worked up.

I think they mean "arch" as in "archangel".
Yes, that's what I mean.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I think they mean "arch" as in "archangel".
*snaps fingers* Of course! I didn't think of that word! D:

Thanks Chihiro. :3 *pats your head*

Yall talkin' bout pronouncing Pokemon names.

While I'll just stand here in my little corner all alone continuing to pronounce them however I want to, whether it is the correct way or not.
Hey, we've gotta kill time until tomorrow and Tuesday somehow. That's all we're really doing in actuality.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well for one. Fire Emblem discussions are something I never want to get into. So I think I did the right thing and avoided it.
Two, I'm still trying to get how what we're doing is a bad thing. I think you're making this a bigger issue than it really is.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Hey, we've gotta kill time until tomorrow and Tuesday somehow. That's all we're really doing in actuality.
I suppose I prefer the superior alternative of playing video games by myself or watching all you little people talk about your silly little things while sometimes gracing you with a post of mine.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well for one. Fire Emblem discussions are something I never want to get into. So I think I did the right thing and avoided it.
Two, I'm still trying to get how what we're doing is a bad thing. I think you're making this a bigger issue than it really is.
I'm only making clear my desire not to get involved in such topic as disagreements over Pokemon pronunciations

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't have a playstation 3 or 4 but I have an XBOX 360

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I suppose I prefer the superior alternative of playing video games by myself or watching all you little people talk about your silly little things while sometimes gracing you with a post of mine.
Hey, I'm playing games, watching stuff and posting here at the same time while cooking dinner.

Get on mah level, pleb. ¦( *SMACKED*

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The only Sony stuff I have is a PSP I'm borrowing from a friend to play Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops and a PS2 my bro keeps somewhere I don't know.

I've only played kiosk demos of PSASBR so I can't give out a reliable opinion on that game. I'll fully try that game some day...

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I have some old GBA SP's that still work, a lame-lasered GameCube, a DS lite that's about to die, a DSi i only keep for viewing flipnotes, a Wii, a 3DS, and a black Wii U.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Hey, I'm playing games, watching stuff and posting here at the same time while cooking dinner.

Get on mah level, pleb. ¦( *SMACKED*
Now that's the post of a true multitasker.

Right? PS+ rocks. Xbox and Xbox 360 are good too.

That being said, I do not like the Xbox One.
Same here. The Xbone did -so- much wrong and then backtracked so hard I think they broke a few bones doing it. There is no need to require constant online access in order to play a game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I we're going through all systems, I have an NES collecting dust that barely works and most of the games I had in the 90's and a old fat gameboy

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

Seriously though, I have a PS3 and multiple Nintendo consoles, and I'm quite the fan of both.
Even though I consider the first Playstation All-Stars to be acceptable AT BEST, I'm absolutely down for Round 2. Why the hell not. Make it good this time maybe (and not cross-hardware, must be Playstation 4 exclusive and that's it).
If that and Smash Bros. came out around the same time, it would be pretty interesting.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
All the consoles I own currently are;

GBA SP
DSi
3DS
N64
Gamecube
Wii
Xbox
PS3

My dad has a PS2 and Wii-U.

I use to also own a NES, SNES, GBA, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, DS, and PS1.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Console thread?

4 GBA SP's
2 GBAs
DS lite
3ds'
Wii U
Wii
Gamecube

Brother has
3ds
2 Broken DS lites (Thanks to sister)
Ps2

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I always pronounced it Ar-kay-us because it sounds like archaic and more interestingly like the Greek "arkhe" meaning "beginning".

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kind of funny the chamelemon are the enemies in this episode of digimon, keeping baby digimon in cages and whipping the cage with their tongue while they force the father to cook for them

Because they are an armor digivolve using the digi egg of kindness

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well I personally have a 3DS and hacked Wii, but if we count the whole family and everything I've owned myself in the past then the Atari (Not sure which one), NES, SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, N64, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Playstation, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Game Boy Advance, GBA SP, Nintendo DS, PS3 and the 360 are all added in.

I don't have any of the current gen systems yet, but I want a Wii U and eventually a PS4 (Mainly for KH3 and FFXV)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And again, where are you getting this "there's no Mega Stone" from? We only have the name, we know nothing else except that (at least according to Serebii) that "it works similar to Mega Evolution," so please tell me how we know that 100%?
They didn't even say that. Not sure where you're getting that form. No, from the page with the scans, they said "These 'Mega Evolutions' are something called Ancient Devolutions." in a nutshell. They were speculating on them being Mega Evolutions, nothing more. They didn't actually say they were anywhere near similar to Mega Evolution at all. Unless you can link the proper page where they say that, but I didn't read that.

Which again, it's not devolving, the Original Dragon is not a form of Kyurem, Kyurem is a piece of it like Zekrom and Reshiram. None of those "evolve" or "devolve" into it, they can only reform into it.
Are you purposely missing the point or just trolling me now? Both return to the same original form for whatever reason. That's the similarity. Nothing more. My assertion is blatantly correct because of how I specifically am saying it. Evolution and Devolution are severely irrelevant to my point in every way. I don't care about the terms at all.

Really, it seems we're not going to agree, so lets drop it because it's not going anywhere.
You need to properly read something to disagree with it. You are entirely strawmanning my entire argument about "returning to base forms" and making up what I'm talking about at this point. You're right. They're not devolutions. But that wasn't even my point in the first place. Read up to see what my real point is.[/quote]

They both happened within their lore, but are not physically present at any point in time during the arcs of the games or show (the movie only has Greymon and Garurumon, and even then they're just manifestations), there's your similarity.
I do not actually remember Original Dragon being anything more than Kyurem in the first place, but I could be wrong, so let's just end that conversation here.

Also, as the general concept, Black/White Kyurem are officially considered (or at least treated as) forms, so I don't see why you're trying to rewrite the Word of God there.
Fusions, not forms. Fusions are specific to Kyurem and beyond special. It's not a Mode. It's not a Mega Evolution. It's not an Ancient Devolution, it's a beyond unique mechanic. I don't call them Formes because it's not even in the name, which all Forme changes have. They actually say Forme specifically. "Concept" doesn't matter, name does. They're not Formes and never were.

Again, you're missing the point. The thing isn't that we figured they would reform, the thing is we didn't know anything about how, why, whatever until more information came out. That type of information alluded us until GF wanted to reveal more on the concept.
You're missing the point. I knew they'd transform back to the original shape due to the lore. It was bloody obvious by that point. That was the only thing they could do with Kyurem, a fusion dance with his pieces. Nothing else would make sense.

An honestly, people need to stop thinking Pokémon is above using other concepts, neither of those franchises have monopolies on the ideas, nor were they the first to use them, and saying "they shouldn't because it's already been done" is just setting up the series to never improve and grow. Everything has been done, even the monster concept has been done before Pokémon, so the last thing we need is for it to become even more stagnant then it's already accused of.
I don't see how ripping off Digimon and Dragon Quest Monsters completely is anywhere near interesting. The fusion idea was to be frank, one of the dumbest I ever heard. It became more dumb when you couldn't even get the real Original Dragon by combining all 3. It was a movie exclusive. Hell, they didn't even bother to code it in and make it DLC at the very least. Literally, all the Fusion was was either exactly how Digimon did it, or exactly how Dragon Quest Monsters' style of breeding worked.(parents leave, get new guy)

-And again, how do you know they aren't using Mega Stones?
-Minor changes of which, may or may not matter.
-Which we don't know it requires as nothing has come out on the matter.

Assumption=/=fact.
No mega stones shown = not there, not mentioned even for them. It would've blatantly been mentioned if they were Megas. Automatic "nope" by default. In addition, they were confirmed to not be Mega Evolutions by blatantly using a different name and is an entirely new thing. Those are minor changes, which all Mega Evolutions are major changes. Doesn't add up. They won't require Mega Stones, period, because if they did, they would've mentioned it properly the first time. It doesn't make sense.

Going to be blunt; I am not going to believe in any possible way they are any form of Mega Evolution barring them saying it straight out. In other words, I will not be convinced no matter what. This piece of conversation is over now. You're wasting your time.

Potentially, but we know very little, so nothing is certain.
We know they're new evolutions regardless.(well, so to speak on the term)

No, that is not the difference. The only difference given is that Forme Changes are those that have minor aesthetic changes with no stats changes, and forms that have major changes in both aspects. That is the only differentiation recognized.
The names are blatant differences too. Ignoring that is ludicrous. Mode Changes, Forme Changes, Mega Evolutions, Fusion, and Ancient Evolutions are all currently different things. Yes, they're different, very different. That's my final word on it, and it will not change. Consider this conversation piece over as well permanently.

The first movie is referred to in the first series, Dawn has a Lunar Wing from The Rise of Darkrai in the Cresselia episode, and Genesect was referred to in the BW anime. So no, they're canon in some sense.
That only counts for some, not all. Many don't have anything to do with the actual canon. Some are, some aren't. Only those shown with continuity from the movie are actually provable as canon. Which is only a very small amount as is. The first movie, Mewtwo's Return, Rise of Darkrai, and that's it so far. Maybe the Lucario movie because Ash was confirmed to have aura abilities. That only counts for Genesect(which is unlikely due to the fact that the Mewtwo in the Genesect movie can't be the same Mewtwo that Ash met long ago. "She" didn't recognize him, she had a slightly edited backstory) if they spoke of that particular Red Genesect.

Regardless, that's making assumptions, as well as concessions for a type of Pokemon media that really does its own thing when representing the games (ex. Aim for the Horn!). The anime has no jurisdiction in serving to tell us how the games work, much less how things changed in development because they're already loose with canon as is, they could've represented those elements that way for many reasons other then pre-development changes.
You missed the point entirely. The Kyurem movie doesn't tie in to the actual Anime's canon, due to the fact we don't know why Kyurem has those powers. It was not explained, so it is only speculation why he can do that entirely. He either absorbed them or could do something akin to a Mode(or Forme) change. But we absolutely do not know the details, so it means little. I'm not assuming how he did it, I'm outright saying nobody knows. They had every moment to explain how he got the powers, even a quick note "I absorbed my other pieces" or something like that. It's only assumed he could do a mode/forme change(not that it even counts as a mode or forme in the canon games. It's a different concept and lacks the official name which determines what type of thing it is. All of those cute little stats don't change much if the name doesn't confirm its category).

In addition, to be honest, I'm done. You're failed to convince me of almost everything, and it's very clear you never will. I don't really care if I convince you either. After misrepresenting a lot of my argument tons of times, I don't feel it's even worth continuing this regardless. With that, entirely new subject or please don't reply to me about this at all. And yes, if you do continue it, I will ignore it, because I don't have any wish to talk about it anymore due to the fact you are completely missing the point(horribly so) and even saying exactly what my exact point is with exact precision isn't working.

I'll make a quick note of things; I do not believe that being similar in concepts makes them the same. Forme Changes, Fusion, Mode Changes, Mega Evolutions, and Ancient Devolutions are something I adamantly believe are entirely different things period. That will not change(and only if Ancient Devolutions are proven to be Mega Pokemon, which I highly doubt anyway). The name changes beyond make me believe that's a major thing that separates them overall. There's a reason they all have a different activation requirement, namely because they are not the same thing.(and again, why shouldn't the name saying what type of thing they are not matter? That's illogical to me)

"Returning to their base form" is what I found in common with Kyurem(and as you noted, the Ancient Digimon) and Ancient Kyogre/Groudon. What type of evolution/devolution/fusion etc. they are is irrelevant, because that would be missing the point. They used some way to become their old form. That's a similar idea in itself. If you think I mean more than that, you're definitely wrong.

The Genesect movie(other than blatantly being non-canon to the Anime as it rewrites Mewtwo's backstory, never meeting Ash, uses a female voice actor over a male one, which separates them more, and doesn't even treat it officially as a Mega Evolution. It just happens. It wasn't even give a proper name besides Awakening Forme first. The actual games first told us it was really a Mega Pokemon, not the movie. This kind of matters, because using the wrong name is a bit of an issue. Especially if that specific Mewtwo never reappears in the Anime proper. And if it does, we know there's two Mewtwos. If it doesn't, and the original Mewtwo does, the movie is non-canon(although that's somewhat obvious unless two Mewtwo exist, which is theoretically possible).

Anyway, I wanted to make sure my points were clear. Not for you to reply to them, because please just don't. But for you to read and understand what I properly mean, which is all I care about here.[/quote]

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Here are some of my predictions about E3 outside of Smash

The Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask 3D is announced and will have Hero Mode

A new StarFox game is announced for Wii U

A new Metroid game, eh, probably Prime 4 is announced by Retro Studios

No buyouts occur (Not yet anyway)

We finally get the title for the long awaited Zelda game for Wii U

Super Smash Bros Melee, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Super Mario Sunshine, and StarFox Adventures are released for Wii U Virtual Console

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
People still believe GC VC is a thing? They still aren't able to release N64 VC games...
It's not happening, let it go. If plugging the good ol' Gamecube back is such a hassle for you, overpriced HD remakes is the next best thing you can hope for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom