• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, but you don't see them calling THIS Thor's Hammer

Speaking of which, WHO would give Ampharos Thunder Punch?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Digimon suck at haggling

Show ANY hesitation in a price and they just give you everything for free

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't feel Link Between Worlds was that special

Just felt like a polished version of A Link to the Past to me

I liked it, just not "Best Zelda game ever"

I still like Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening better

It's a lot more polished than Link's Awakening but I just had a better experience with the game

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I didn't feel Link Between Worlds was that special

Just felt like a polished version of A Link to the Past to me

I liked it, just not "Best Zelda game ever"

I still like Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening better

It's a lot more polished than Link's Awakening but I just had a better experience with the game
I really liked being able to play the way I wanted to. I also liked the item system, and the dungeons all felt polished and fun.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Guys 2 more days. This is soooo unreal...
Also:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They need to get it over with and just give ALL the starters megas

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They'd probably turn him into some kind of globe with legs and a head

D

Deleted member

Just played Mario Kart 8 as Sakurai.

I regret nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I totally is, dare I say more fun than the other Mario Karts in the series? Yes, I really quite enjoy it :p
More Fun than Double Dash?? Ehhhhhhh.... I would say MK8 is definitely top 3 though. Top 2.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So, dat PSASBR leak. :laugh:

I would love it if it was real. (Its Not Real) Although Sony should hire a team that knows how to make fighters.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Everyone should go on miiverse and check every potd we got. Some of them really takes me back to where there was mostly filler and if there was new things, that was for speculation about what we know today.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not really, the twist could be in the name. The idea could essentially be "it's Mega Evolution, but devolving so it's different!" Similarly, we have not seen any indication of how these things are formed, so saying "well they don't have a stone" is completely haphazard as we don't even know how they're formed, much less if they hold an item.
We know they're devolving. Not evolving. There is no twist to be seen. It isn't there. It's different. There is no Mega Stones, completely killing it being anywhere near the same. There is no reason they wouldn't at least mention it after showing off the other Megas. It doesn't make sense or add up.

I still disagree with that, but apparently we're not budging, so lets move on.
Actually, no. This is ridiculous. Both are returning to their base form as a concept(that's a fact). How they're doing it as different, that's all. One's an Ancient Devolution, the other is fusing to return to what your ancient form was. It's impossible that they don't have similarities because they obviously do.

Not really, the thing is the Original Dragon is technically non-existant just like the Ancient Digimon are. Neither are physically present in the world where their lore takes place at the point in time we see the story, and like them, it has components present like Kyurem, but they're not the Original Dragon on their own. They form the whole, but none of them are the Original Dragon in and of themselves.
The point in the story doesn't matter. They both happened. And both showed up in the stories too. I'd like to note that they did evolve into the Ancient Evolutions during the show too.

Potentially, but that's something we have to wait and see.
Technically already confirmed. They aren't form changes, as the name would say it like that. Black and White Kyurem don't even count either, as they're fusions.(and not even an evolution)

Yes, we knew that they split up, but we didn't know how they'd be formed. Before Black/White 2, we had no clue we'd have two forms for Kyurem, how they'd be formed, or even if we got two games. Similarly, GF never gave out how they obtained that form, we had no knowledge of the DNA Splicers until the release of the game.
It was obvious they'd be combined again if they were split up. It wasn't even hard to tell at all. Fusions were not favored too much, of course, due to it being something similar to Digimon and even Yugioh. Who wants to combine the series again? Few if any period.

So knowing that, GF will probably keep information about these two close to the chest until they feel ready to reveal them, if they even get around to it.

This is where we differ, we both agree that they're "evolutions" of sorts, but in what manner is where the difference lies. Personally, I feel that it's still going to play close to the Mega Evolution concept, whereas you, you think it's going to be completely different, and at best draw from Forme Changes.
Not sure where you got that idea. In fact, I think it's neither of the above. Mega Evolutions require a Mega Stone, a major body difference(something that is blatantly lacking), and a worn item. The only likely thing is their Orbs will have an addition effect, however, that doesn't make it like a form change at this point in any way. I think it's just another item evolution, or more akin to the DNA Splicers, which isn't a form change to me anyway, but a fusion. Activate the item, temporary transformation, not in battle.

However, it's likely they evolve outside of battle anyway, so they might be closer to an item-induced form change(somewhat similar to the DNA Slicers at best), or something entirely different. Not enough information, besides being confirmed as not being an actual Mega Evolution in any way.

Also, potentially yes, I could easily see them pull this mechanic for the other mascots (though maybe under a different name).
If it's not the same name, it's a different mechanic. They actually are extremely consistent with their naming schemes. Forms have that word or Mode in it, and were confirmed as forms too. Like Aegislash's two modes. Those were confirmed as form differences, which were either doable in battle, or by an item outside of battle(or by interacting with an item outside of battle). Overall, it's pretty consistent. Modes are always in-battle. Form Changes are outside of battles. Fusion was a special one similar to a Form Change, but it had different rules and was clearly a different concept, as "using an item" was the only similar bit. Two Pokemon being turned into one was extremely new.

The anime also had Kyurem evolve into its forms without any of its counterparts, so that's not a good point. The anime does what it does, it plays by its own rules and has its own continuity, and thus it's not a good idea to use it to define canon in the games.
Nowhere is it implied he didn't beat them or have their powers period. We were given zero explanation on why he could fusion change into his other combinations. The only thing that was specific was his true transformation, using the powers of both. Besides, most of the movies aren't even in continuity with the Anime, so it means little. Many of the movies just throw in their powers without an explanation. Mega Mewtwo Y wasn't even referred to as a Mega Pokemon in the movie. It was likely written and faithfully translated before Gamefreak was ready to show up of the actual Mega Pokemon concept, which also explains why no trainers were needed for it to switch around. Another issue is that in execution, it was literally identical to a Mode difference(which Mega Evolutions are pretty similar to things like Aegislash's Mode changes. The trigger is obviously different), where you could only switch up in battle. Mega Evolutions weren't actually very similar to form changes in the first place. At best, the idea of transforming into a majorly differently designed Pokemon while keeping some of your general base design is similar, but they worked extremely differently. Being in battle was kind of important, after all.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
So, dat PSASBR leak. :laugh:

I would love it if it was real. (Its Not Real) Although Sony should hire a team that knows how to make fighters.
No kidding... MAN did they screw that up...

I just had insider info on one of the DLC stages, I gave out a teaser for it and everything. I'll wont reveal my amazing sources :p

I sure wish they were at Nintendo and not Sony, I'd love to be able to give out super secret info.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
After doing much thinking,and as E3 approaches, my last speculative predictions are:
  • We are going to receive 1 (and only 1) more Pokemon fighter on the roster.
    • The only reason we got 6 Pokemon characters in brawl was due to the transformation mechanic. With that gone I doubt the Pokemon series is going to have any more than X fighters on the roster. (X = how many fighters from the mario series. (That's characters with a Mushroom icon for you wise guys:rolleyes:))
  • The time to unveil whether Ridley is truly a playable character IS at E3.
    • Leaning towards boss hazard though.
  • We'll get a minimum of 3 newcomers and at least 3 Veterans.
    • Expect 2 of the newcomers to be revealed during the E3 direct, and one more will be revealed later (Dev round table, at the end of the invitationals etc)
    • Captain Falcon and Wario are 2 of them.
  • Smash 3DS will come out late July.
  • Gamecube adapter will be priced at $24.99 USD
  • Hungrybox will be salty at some point of the invitationals. Cause of salt? RNG explosive items.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
After doing much thinking,and as E3 approaches, my last speculative predictions are:
  • We are going to receive 1 (and only 1) more Pokemon fighter on the roster.
    • The only reason we got 6 Pokemon characters in brawl was due to the transformation mechanic. With that gone I doubt the Pokemon series is going to have any more than X fighters on the roster. (X = how many fighters from the mario series. (That's characters with a Mushroom icon for you wise guys:rolleyes:))
  • The time to unveil whether Ridley is truly a playable character IS at E3.
    • Leaning towards boss hazard though.
  • We'll get a minimum of 3 newcomers and at least 3 Veterans.
    • Expect 2 of the newcomers to be revealed during the E3 direct, and one more will be revealed later (Dev round table, at the end of the invitationals etc)
    • Captain Falcon and Wario are 2 of them.
  • Smash 3DS will come out late July.
  • Gamecube adapter will be priced at $24.99 USD
  • Hungrybox will be salty at some point of the invitationals. Cause of salt? RNG explosive items.
Oh my gosh, our thoughts are almost exactly the same. XD

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom