• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ok, so my thoughts on the new Pokemon news.

So first off starters.

So glad Mudkip gets a mega evolution. Mudkip was my first starter pokemon ever. <3

Swift Swim should be useful.

Also, YAY DIANCIE! :D

I wanted one so bad when I first heard of it. I was a little disappointed that apparently it wouldn't be good in OU, but with a mega evolution it could potentially be viable. :D

When is gamefreak going to let me even get a Diancie though. :(

Redesigned players. I personally like them. May looks cuter, especially looking at the in-game screenshot. :3

Redesigned Team Aqua and Magma. They look cool, I'm getting Alpha Sapphire so it's good to know what to expect.

Steven Stone. Good to see him back. I prefer Wallace.

Really, I'm excited for these games. The only disappointing thing for me about X and Y was the lack of Post-game content and move tutors, however, I think they could fix that here. <3

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I once came across a shiny Lotad...

I forgot it was grass type. I killed fainted it.
Oh a glorious Ludicolo it would've become!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I was drunk yesterday, so only now am I catching up with the news.

I'm really excited to see Sceptile may actually have more use. Of course, I wish it got a better ability, like Lightningrod- but instead sucks up ice. Right now, it looks like Weavile will easily whip his ass.

Mega Swampert hit the gym with Boom Knuckles apparently. But that Swift Swim tells me rain teams just got a new toy.

I now wait to see if Breloom gets an m.e. I feel that this update promotes the possibility of their being new m.e.s besides the starters & Dianice.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, Mega Sceptile looks awesome but Lightning Rod seems USELESS for him

Mega Swampert looks silly

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well worse case, just play the arcade games.

But if I can ask, how'd you end up there of all places?
It was a younger second cousin's (the son of my cousin) first birthday despite not being old enough to get in the ticked pit. I did managed to have some fun with games like Smokin Token and Super Monkey Ball: Ticket Blitz. And to believe that Swega rarely made arcade games anymore.

The best part: One Chuck skit involved an anti-Justin Beiber joke in the form of a beaver that gets mistaken for a ferret and wanted to steal the pizza recipe. :troll:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mega Breloom would be awesome

I still want my Mega Porygon

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, considering it's related to the current topic- if you could choose just three Pokemon to have a mega evolution, who would you choose?

For me, it'd be Nidoking, Breloom, & Typhlosion.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, considering it's related to the current topic- if you could choose just three Pokemon to have a mega evolution, who would you choose?

Dunsparce(hell yes, it should have it), Kabutops(as noted), Steelix.

Artorias

Smash Journeyman

Porygon-Z, Luxray and Chandelure. Sadly none of them are Gen 3 so I doubt we'll be getting them any time soon.
If it had to be gen 3 though it would be Metagross, Milotic and Ninjask

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
That made me remember the SSB4 petiton right after the Smash direct that wanted to get rid of the "For Glory" mode. Not sure if trolling or honest stupidity, and the same applies here.

Sableye and Milotic should get them because their counterparts already got them.
Smash 4 should have a grass starter because we already have a fire and water starter.

#obligatory patterns

I wouldn't mind that, though. If only there was the Light type so Mega Miltotic could become Water/Light. Maybe Fairy could suffice.

---

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mega Porygon-Z

Mega Empoleon/ Mega Feraligatr

Mega Tyrantrum

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I also would want a Mega Rotom-H but I don't think that would happen

Morbi

Scavenger

I would want an additional Mega Evolution for Charizard and Mewtwo, after that, they need to give a Mega Evolution to Jigglypuff.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Pichu Mega Evolution please
Assuming you're being serious, I have to point out that only fully evolved Pokemon have Mega Evolutions. So I doubt we'll be getting any Mega Bidoof or Mega Pikachu/Pichu.

There might be exceptions in the future, but it seems like an unwritten rule for now. Is there any information that says that only fully-evolved Pokemon can Mega Evolve?

Last edited:

WishOn

Smash Cadet
NNID
WishOn
3DS FC
4828-5426-2919
Assuming you're being serious, I have to point out that only fully evolved Pokemon have Mega Evolutions. So I doubt we'll be getting any Mega Bidoof or Mega Pikachu/Pichu.

There might be exceptions in the future, but it seems like an unwritten rule for now. Is there any information that says that only fully-evolved Pokemon can Mega Evolve?
Yeah, I was kidding

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I know a person online with the moniker Mega Magikarp. He/she(due to having a trouble figuring what gender she is at times) had this name years before Mega Pokemon came up. I find it funny. XD

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Mega Breloom would be awesome

I still want my Mega Porygon
I just want my Mega Bidoof.

How dare you....
Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Mega Typhlosion is all I want.

Edit: I just graduated as well. :)

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If Mega Breloom does happen- IT NEEDS TO BE FAST! Well, at least better than its current speed. And better Sp.DEF wouldn't hurt either.

Turn that ******* into a nightmare maker- we need better grass sweepers, IMO.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't get Digimon Frontier

If I was in the body of a digimon, I would probably still prefer to answer to my own name than the name of the digimon

It'd just be easier overall to just refer to them in their true name, especially with multiple forms. Less confusion.

Edit: It's not like they have secret identities

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't get Digimon Frontier

If I was in the body of a digimon, I would probably still prefer to answer to my own name than the name of the digimon

It'd just be easier overall to just refer to them in their true name, especially with multiple forms. Less confusion.
Well, first off, it's important out-of-universe to say your Digimon's name when you turn into them. How else can you sell merchandise?

Second, they are literally that Digimon, so it's not too odd to go by it when they become it. I mean, Pokemon without nicknames generally listen when they're referred to by their latest version, right? Similar idea here. Marcus doesn't refer to RizeGreymon as GeoGreymon either. I get what you mean, though. Other than when they turn into it, it doesn't have to be that way. I can't think of any reason not to use their real names. Not like their enemies already can't recognize them, so hiding your name means little.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Any three?

Froslass, Roseradre, and Vanilluxe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom