• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Again, that's not the point. The fact that it's there is all that matters. Of course I'm going to look at it if it's real, there's no reason not to, the deed is done.
So, even if it might be fake, just it's mere existence is a sin is what you're telling me.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No. He said that if 100% leaked the entire roster, the official roster, would we want to see it. At which point, I would see it, but I would not like it because the roster was leaked.
So, it's a good thing, but it's also a bad thing. A double-edged sword essentially.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So, it's a good thing, but it's also a bad thing. A double-edged sword essentially.
It's subjective.

Do I want to see the roster? Of course. Why would I be here if I didn't?
Now, do I want to see the roster leaked before it was supposed to be shown, trivializing the element of surprise the dev team is going for? Absolutely not.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I wouldn't want to have the roster spoiled. That's why I hate the existence of the Sal leak, just in case it's true. I love speculating, and the waiting hypes me up. If the roster was announced or leaked months before the game came out, you'd get bored. I guarantee it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A lot of stuff
It'd take forever to reply, and to be honest, I find most of what you said ludicrous. So I'll keep it short(as much as I can);

• Mega Evolutions are all similar to Form Changes. They're all major differences period. No palette swaps exist. Saying it could be one is severely grasping at straws just to assert something that zero evidence supports.
  • The Ancient Digimon are quite a bit different. First off, they didn't automatically come from the two Spirit of [Element]. For instance, AncientGreymon can come from Agunimon or MetalGreymon as a proper Ancient Evolution. Besides that, they are not a true "earlier form" like Kyurem's was. The thing is, Pokemon and Digimon work very very differently. Devolution is something too different to compare to Pokemon's. A devolution is just returning to a lower form, not combining with another Mon to become a lower form. It's not even possible. Devolutions are also extremely common in Digimon and they can evolve/devolve on a whim if teamed up with a Digidestined/Tamer.(Tamer is also an official term for those who train Digimon as is, a Digidestined is the official term for those with a Digivice. Generals in Fusion are the same as Tamers. I just wanted to note that a bit. I know it's not that related, but it should clear up some confusion about the differences)
  • Mega Aerodactyl being its true form is a theory. Likewise, using that theory as proof doesn't help, since we don't know if it's even true. Likewise, Aerodactyl becoming its current form is likely because it was revived incorrectly. There's theories that Kabutops is what happens when a Kabuto attains its form before it was fossilized. Basically, they could be the same as thing as what Mega Aerodactyl is, returning to their ancient forms.(and it would be funny if Ancient Devolution became official for the other Fossils)
  • Ancient Devolution and Mega Evolution are specifically said in the same magazine and treated as separate things. It doesn't make sense to say they're the same thing when they have nothing in common anyway. It's unlikely it's a Mega Evolution when they called it something different, showed no signs it had to deal with Mega Stones, and mentions more than one Mega in the Magazine's articles about it. It doesn't add up. If it was a Mega Evolution, they would've just said it as is.
I will say it is possible for them to be Megas, but the evidence doesn't support it at all. Also, form changes is not a correct term at this point either. Mega Evolutions are technically form changes in practice, but require a specific Mega Stone, and are once per battle and only one Pokemon. They have differences too.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Quick question.

If I could leak the entire roster of the game to you right now and it was 100% accurate, would you want to see it?
Well, there's a double edge sword to that for me. I personally like some surprises since it adds to the fun of things just as much as unlocking the secrets does. While personally I only want to know if Palutena's in it or not, I wouldn't mind being spoiled with a few more characters being shown, but just as long as I don't see the whole roster for the sake of the hype factor surprises can provide.

For my short answer, I just care bout if Palutena made it in or not. The rest can just be a secret to me til the game's out.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's subjective.

Do I want to see the roster? Of course. Why would I be here if I didn't?
Now, do I want to see the roster leaked before it was supposed to be shown, trivializing the element of surprise the dev team is going for? Absolutely not.
Honestly, it could be that I stopped caring about who got in a long time ago. Like I said, I'm just trying to see who I'll main at this point. If I could get a list of who will be in I'll take it. Sure, while the list will most likely be names, but it's at least something to give me a general idea. And that would help me a lot.

But, to each their own.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
The Daredevil Bouldergeist Run gave me nightmares too. There was a purple coin challenge I struggled with but I can't remember which one...
I remember the daredevil bouldergeist, but it only killed me twice. The purple coin comets I struggled on the most were Dusty Dune, Battlerock, and Toy Time.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I wouldn't want the whole roster to be revealed, but I would like maybe a few hints as to who the unlockable characters are, if possible.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
The more I look at Mega Swampert, the more I REALLY like him! He looks like a goll dern Street Shark! Which is awesome by the way. There's Swampert... then there's a totally roided out Swampert.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I remember the daredevil bouldergeist, but it only killed me twice. The purple coin comets I struggled on the most were Dusty Dune, Battlerock, and Toy Time.
The Daredevil one on the ship in the cave with the purple Kamek (its been a while) was my toughest in that game.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Huh, Swampert's getting a Mega? Sweeeeeeeeeeet!
You missed this morning's craziness, didja? Oh yeah.. Sceptile and Swampert and even Diancie are getting Megas. Mega Sceptile even becomes Grass/Dragon. And Mega Swampert is completely roided out. Also the new Groudon and Kyogre we saw on the box art already are now being called Atom Groudon and Atom Kyogre.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It'd take forever to reply, and to be honest, I find most of what you said ludicrous.
Uh-huh, lets begin...

• Mega Evolutions are all similar to Form Changes. They're all major differences period. No palette swaps exist. Saying it could be one is severely grasping at straws just to assert something that zero evidence supports.
And in the same sense, "zero evidence" supports them being forme changes, as it goes against what GF does when promoting forms or Mega Evolutions. They've never called things like Deerling Spring forme a "new Pokémon," but they have done so for things like MegaMewtwo Y and Black/White Kyurem, so it's highly unlikely that they'd do so now.

So the problem here is that no matter how you look at it, these do not fit into the criteria brought up by their predecessors.

• The Ancient Digimon are quite a bit different. First off, they didn't automatically come from the two Spirit of [Element]. For instance, AncientGreymon can come from Agunimon or MetalGreymon as a proper Ancient Evolution. Besides that, they are not a true "earlier form" like Kyurem's was. The thing is, Pokemon and Digimon work very very differently. Devolution is something too different to compare to Pokemon's. A devolution is just returning to a lower form, not combining with another Mon to become a lower form. It's not even possible. Devolutions are also extremely common in Digimon and they can evolve/devolve on a whim if teamed up with a Digidestined/Tamer.(Tamer is also an official term for those who train Digimon as is, a Digidestined is the official term for those with a Digivice. Generals in Fusion are the same as Tamers. I just wanted to note that a bit. I know it's not that related, but it should clear up some confusion about the differences)
No, they were. The Ancient Digimon are the original forms in a sense for the spirits, they are the Digimon that those spirits gained their abilities from by splitting off their power. When brought together, they can reform the original Digimon by starting to take the steps to it, they are one potential evolution possibility for them, but an evolution that they can do nonetheless.

And you missed the point of that, those Digimon being reformed were not classified as "Devolutions," officially they're evolutions. Similar to that, Kyurem-B/W has never been classified as a "Devolution," because in the same sense it's ascending to a more powerful form via recombining its parts.

In short, it's not a devolution to recombine to make a more powerful form, that has not been classified as such.
  • Mega Aerodactyl being its true form is a theory. Likewise, using that theory as proof doesn't help, since we don't know if it's even true. Likewise, Aerodactyl becoming its current form is likely because it was revived incorrectly. There's theories that Kabutops is what happens when a Kabuto attains its form before it was fossilized. Basically, they could be the same as thing as what Mega Aerodactyl is, returning to their ancient forms.(and it would be funny if Ancient Devolution became official for the other Fossils).
You brought up the theory, I just turned it on its head and shown how it could be used to support the other side.

Also, the Kabutops theory isn't supported by canon at all, that's completely fan-made at this point.

• Ancient Devolution and Mega Evolution are specifically said in the same magazine and treated as separate things. It doesn't make sense to say they're the same thing when they have nothing in common anyway. It's unlikely it's a Mega Evolution when they called it something different, showed no signs it had to deal with Mega Stones, and mentions more than one Mega in the Magazine's articles about it. It doesn't add up. If it was a Mega Evolution, they would've just said it as is.
You're completely missing the point. I'm saying that they draw from Mega Evolutions while being their own thing, essentially a little deviation to make them standout from the current mechanic while still being a spiritual successor to it. We know that they're different already, but we don't know nearly enough to say that they're completely disassociated from Mega Evolutions.

Also, they rarely expand on Forms when first revealed, MegaMewtwo Y and Black/White Kyurem did not get any expansion on what they were until GF felt ready to do so. They could be doing the same here, particularly since we know little about them.

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
You missed this morning's craziness, didja? Oh yeah.. Sceptile and Swampert and even Diancie are getting Megas. Mega Sceptile even becomes Grass/Dragon. And Mega Swampert is completely roided out. Also the new Groudon and Kyogre we saw on the box art already are now being called Atom Groudon and Atom Kyogre.
Yeah, i missed it. If Swampert's defences increase dramatically to the point he can survive a grass attack, he'll be a tank.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Where did you get that? I never said it could never be form changes, I said it could be either. Do not put words in my mouth.
You misunderstood. That's exactly what people thought they were if they weren't Megas. Both were incorrect. They're a new type of evolution apparently.

No, they were. The Ancient Digimon are the original forms in a sense for the spirits, they are the Digimon that those spirits gained their abilities from by splitting off their power. When brought together, they can reform the original Digimon, they are one potential evolution, but an evolution that they can do nonetheless.

And you missed the point of that, those Digimon being reformed were not classified as "Devolutions," officially they're evolutions. Similar to that Kyurem-B/W has never been classified as a "Devolution," because in the same sense it's ascending to a more powerful form via recombining its counterparts.
Not exactly. Devolution is already a thing in Digimon. Pokemon didn't have it yet. That's why the comparisons fall a bit flat. I get that they're similar in concept, but work differently too. But also the Ancient Digimon disappeared. Kyurem didn't, he just combined with his parts to take upon his oldest form. I think you might be seriously misunderstanding what I'm saying.

Kyurem's true form is his oldest form. In a sense, he's "de-evolving" to his original. I was talking about that the concept of going into your past form was the same, not how it was done. That part is obviously different.

You brought up the theory, I just turned it on its head and shown how it could be used to support the other side.

Also, the Kabutops theory isn't supported by canon at all, that's completely fan-made at this point.
True. Fair point. As for the Kabutops bit, that applies to all the Fossils. It's plausible, but canon doesn't even support the Aerodactyl thing. It never mentions why an old fossilized Pokemon that was resurrected somehow could evolve. It's entirely unexplained.

You're completely missing the point. I'm saying that they draw from Mega Evolutions while being their own thing, essentially a little deviation to make them standout from the current mechanic while still being a spiritual successor to it. We know that they're different already, but we don't know nearly enough to say that they're completely disassociated from Mega Evolutions.
Pretty sure they already made that clear by making zero mentions of Mega Evolutions. I think, other than using an item to obtain that form(the likely scenario), they're nothing like Mega Evolutions. And yes, I did misunderstood. I thought you were saying they were Megas.

Also, they rarely expand on Forms when first revealed, MegaMewtwo Y and Black/White Kyurem did not get any expansion on what they were until GF felt ready to do so. They could be doing the same here, particularly since we know little about them.
Black/White Kyurem was talked about previously, so it was easy to tell it was a forme change, at least to me. If you knew the lore, it made a lot of sense. Mega Mewtwo Y was a surprise only due to the introduction of Mega Evolutions. Once we saw that, it felt obvious for some he was a Mega Pokemon. The fact there were two was the true surprising point. Also, I'm pretty sure the movie itself only referred to it as a forme. That could be for many reasons. Mistranslations, maybe they didn't intend to make it a Mega at first, who knows.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Quick question.

If I could leak the entire roster of the game to you right now and it was 100% accurate, would you want to see it?
Yea.

When it comes to a game like Smash I don't really care about surprises and would actually prefer to all be put on the table, and I am a tad interested in seeing if certain few characters made it or not (to see how reliable people's guesses were).

What I want to know is if this is a hypothetical question, or a legit one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom