• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
So... FIFA World Cup...

Who ya'll rootin' for?
Nobody. I hate all televised sports and sports in general. Partially stems from comment below.

Besides... my current class only consists of male students. No women...
I had a similar situation, I was a brain in a class full of Jocks for all of elementary school. :/

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Well, I don't watch Hockey myself. My family on the other hand are hockey nuts.
We mostly go for the Red Wings, but they lost. Along with the Bruins (long story with them). So we're rooting for the Rangers.
I feel ya. My team's the Jets, and they didn't even make the playoffs.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
This whole sports talk reminds me of something.

A few years back, we had an exchanged student from Australia staying with us, and she told me there was a sport in her country called SQUASH!!!! Can you believe that?!?!?!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So... FIFA World Cup...

Who ya'll rootin' for?
USA!!!!... primarily because I'm an American.

But seriously, what other event can get that many people and countries to follow the same rule set in an (mostly) orderly fashion?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
USA!!!!... primarily because I'm an American.

But seriously, what other event can get that many people and countries to follow the same rule set in an (mostly) orderly fashion?
I think Baseball can do that too. I know a bunch of countries play Baseball. Though I suppose that's mostly in North and South America. A few Asian nations too.

Now that I think about it, Boxing could too. It might be the only solo sport that could pull that off.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Besides... my current class only consists of male students. No women...
Ironically, 98% of my class is women. (Nursing school). About 90% of those are dating (no joke) 5% I have no interest in, and 3% have no interest in me.

Ugh. I miss the high school days when I would have weekly fwbs via a few websites. Much more difficult now :p

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Too easily winning
She had just as much trouble as the others.

too good at the card game.
She lost to Ryo, and even then it barely mattered in the scheme of things aside from being a set-up for her character development.

I still believe she keeps those certain traits even till the end of the overall season.
She did not, and even if those traits were present, they were all mitigated as the season went on.

The definition is a Digidestined is one who is given a Digivice. Teh show made that clear. Nothing more. Other traits are nice, but that's what sometimes gets you the item in the first place.
No, Digidestined were the characters from Adventures that were chosen by fate and given Digimon partners to lead the world back into the light. That terminology was supposed to be exclusive to them and wasn't meant to be used for the characters from Tamers, Savers/Data Squad or Xros Wars/Fusion, it only became associated with them due to the fandom. So if you consider Rika a "Digidestined," then you have to do the same with Marcus, Christopher and Tagiru.

It wasn't what got Rika one, it was her determination and nothing more. Her partner clearly had the same views as her, but wasn't evil either(unlike IceDevimon). Season 6 does not have Digivices(at least outside of the crossover movie), and isn't comparable. Rika was never corrupted. She was a jerk from the start, but thankfully got better. She pretty much did coldly kill Digimon and took away their life force. She did get better, but that took time.
She didn't really "coldly kill" Digimon anymore then the rest of the cast did, she fought them and absorbed their data, but so did Takato and Guilmon when they were starting out as well. The only difference was the mindset in doing it.

Again, she was a jerk, but that was the point of the character. She was supposed to start off with the wrong mindset of things and then realize that the way she was thinking was wrong and change because of it. That was development, those were her flaws and she had to get through them to reach the apex of her development. It's for that reason that I entirely disagree with you that she was meant to be a Mary Sue. The character barely started out idealized, had her flaws made easily apparent, and grew into a more well rounded character. That is far from the traditional interpretation of a Mary Sue, which are characters who are completely idealized from beginning to end with nothing done with them to curb those problems (Such as Mikey from Fusion).

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ironically, 98% of my class is women. (Nursing school). About 90% of those are dating (no joke) 5% I have no interest in, and 3% have no interest in me.

Ugh. I miss the high school days when I would have weekly fwbs via a few websites. Much more difficult now :p
If only it still worked like that....

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
For the World Cup, I'll have to go for the U.S.A. I don't know if they will be able to get out of their group or not, but I am hoping that they will. Being from Alabama, we mostly talk about college sports, football in particular. Then again, I'm caught up in the NBA Finals. Even though my favorite NBA team sucked this year... :c

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Did any of you guys ever use the Gameboy Player? It seems cool enough. But I don't own it myself.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Well, Xbox One is gonna flop at this rate. It hasn't even been released in my country...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Well, Xbox One is gonna flop at this rate. It hasn't even been released in my country...
That Shulk.... XD

And the haters bash the Wii U. :smirk:

Anywho, The HD Ace Attorney collection was just confirmed for the West! GET HYPED!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lots of stuff.
I am not changing my opinion on it.

Now let's move on, with the agree to disagree moniker. I have made it clear my opinion was final previously, so I honestly don't know why you're still trying to change it when it's clearly a waste of both of our time. So please stop already. I will always believe she was a Sue, and that she got that deconstructed. Period. Not up for debate here.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
There are so many threads about controllers...

Those threads sound awfully "controlling"...

Just got off of work. You may as well call me Captain Moneybags this weekend! Ooh nelly. Plus E3 is right around the bend! I've got a special 20% off deal for the local Pizza Hut... 20% off Pizza Hut + extra money due to high sales combined with getting more hours + E3 = Solid Snake dancing around to this song

.... Ok maybe it doesn't, but it DOES equal absolute excitement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom