• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
And that's why I name my Alakazam "Geller" just cus he sued Nintendo.
I would have just called mine "Mr. Spoons" or something. Mr. Spoons would wreck some faces. Sir Scoops isn't a bad name either.

Scarred forever. Eyugh...
If it makes you feel better Waddle Dee doesn't have a mouth. So it's like 15% less gross than before.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Probably not unless you had objective proof. I would wager that you do not; however, have anything to that effect (as it does not exist).
Exactly because I don't have objective proof.

Edit: If I were to tell of a personal experience or someone else's personal experience, that's not objective proof. For all you know, it could be a lie. Therefore, it's not really something I can provide objective proof of, especially on the Internet where anything can be a lie.

Like how the cake is a lie.

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
It's still likely Goku would've shown up and got beaten, then powered up later anyway. Vegeta's actions weren't needed to beat the Ginyu Force period, as Goku clearly could've done it without issues. That's my point. Even Ginyu.
Goku certainly had the means to defeat Ginyu all along but that doesn't mean things would play out that way. If Goku gave him a chance to do the body swap and Vegeta wasn't around Goku would be screwed. If Goku took Ginyu out before the body change due to a difference in factors from Vegeta being gone then sure he could have beaten Ginyu, but not Freeze(because he wouldn't have the power up from being half killed, and Freeza would give him another chance because he'd kill Goku).

Started off as a blatant Mary Sue, got better. That's what I mean.
So your problem is that she was falsely portrayed to the audience for about three out of fifty episodes if that as a Mary Sue so that she could then be explicitly shown that she her character isn't and never was actually never a Mary Sue to begin with? They don't even have her character as a Sue and then change it later, it's simply that she could be misconstrued as a Sue before we are actually introduced to her character and it is then immediately apparent afterward that she isn't. That sort of classification makes a ridiculous amount of characters across fiction that are never called Sues sues. And presenting that incredibly brief fakeout as if it's a large component of her character is a huge misrepresentation.

Christopher also got better, but yeah, he doesn't actually count as a real Digidestined. They're designated strictly by a Digivice holder in canon. He also does care a lot about people and just had to see the light. Nene was actually worse than him from the start, but also got better.
I figured that's what you were going for but then what is even the point of using destined as a differentiating definition? You're not using it in the context of narrative function because in that sense there's nothing separating them from the "non-digidestined" protagonists in other seasons. But you're also not using it in the context of what those specifically defined as digidestined represent because that is merely a semantic definition and what it actually means to be a digidestined(beyond possessing a digivice) is not consistent between season three and the other seasons with digidestined, to be a digidestined means an entirely different thing. Therefore unless you are comparing her exclusively to the other digidesdeined in season 3 which you don't seem to be doing(and even then it's shakey because season 3 is neither strick on what traits are expected in a digidesdined nor is there much precedent to go off of) using the categorizer of digidestined in that context under that definition to establish her as an outlier is...entirely meaningless.

As much as I liked that season, the Digidestined were just... not very good to me. The writing in itself and dark action was great, but I never felt for most of them, except Juri. The rest felt kind of annoying at times.
Awww I thought they were the best part. I thought they were complex, god damn amazingly 3 demensional, relatable, loveable, well utilized, consistent, had good chemistry with eachother, just to name a few things. I simply cannot praise them enough. But again again again, opinion, so I won't argue with you. If you're not the type that's really into flawed character struggling to find stability(which is fine) then I could definitely see why you wouldn't like them. Also if you like charters to be, for very much want of a better term, "pleasant". I don't like the characters in Tamers because I think they are pleasant or because they don't annoy or outright anger me at times or even often(because they totally do). I like them because I find their realness and their abiet flawed attempts at betterment infinitely endearing and that means more to me than anything. I could say the exact same thing about the people I love most in real life as well.

God this is really making me want to watch season 3 again.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I was thinking more in the lines of how he does Optimus Prime
I figured CliffJumper. :p
Speaking honestly the voice he uses for Toonami would probably be the best. Though that's pretty dang close to his prime voice. Just WAAAY less subtle.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Do any of you believe in faith healing?
I believe that people who believe in faith healing and have their children die in horrible agony and pain when they could have gone to a doctor and been fixed up in less then a few days deserve to go to prison for life. It happens more often then one would think.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I would have just called mine "Mr. Spoons" or something. Mr. Spoons would wreck some faces. Sir Scoops isn't a bad name either.
I also name my Klinkang "Col. Klink" after the character of the same name from Hogan's Heroes. :p

If it makes you feel better Waddle Dee doesn't have a mouth. So it's like 15% less gross than before.
...Is it supposed to make me feel better? The fact that he has no mouth and just absorbs things just disturbs me more.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
E3 is approaching, so I'm posting yet another Nintendo remix. This time it's a Fire Emblem fan remix!

A medley of 3 songs from the 7th Fire Emblem title:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
The only things I ever think about nowadays are school, working out, women, and smash bros.

Random thought of the day.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Goku certainly had the means to defeat Ginyu all along but that doesn't mean things would play out that way. If Goku gave him a chance to do the body swap and Vegeta wasn't around Goku would be screwed. If Goku took Ginyu out before the body change due to a difference in factors from Vegeta being gone then sure he could have beaten Ginyu, but not Freeze(because he wouldn't have the power up from being half killed, and Freeza would give him another chance because he'd kill Goku).
This is kind of exactly what I mean. There's no way to tell. I don't question Goku being able to defeat them all on his own. It's very possible. But it may not have turned out that way. Vegeta himself definitely didn't cut it against all of them like Goku could have, which is my overall issue with him being there.

So your problem is that she was falsely portrayed to the audience for about three out of fifty episodes if that as a Mary Sue so that she could then be explicitly shown that she her character isn't and never was actually never a Mary Sue to begin with? They don't even have her character as a Sue and then change it later, it's simply that she could be misconstrued as a Sue before we are actually introduced to her character and it is then immediately apparent afterward that she isn't. That sort of classification makes a ridiculous amount of characters across fiction that are never called Sues sues. And presenting that incredibly brief fakeout as if it's a large component of her character is a huge misrepresentation.
Let me simplify it; She started as a Mary Sue and got deconstructed earlier than most Sues. Nothing more. And no, she still came off heavily as a Sue to me. Too easily winning, too good at the card game. I still believe she keeps those certain traits even till the end of the overall season. I'll also say this; That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. I won't be convinced otherwise that she wasn't a Sue at all.

I figured that's what you were going for but then what is even the point of using destined as a differentiating definition? You're not using it in the context of narrative function because in that sense there's nothing separating them from the "non-digidestined" protagonists in other seasons. But you're also not using it in the context of what those specifically defined as digidestined represent because that is merely a semantic definition and what it actually means to be a digidestined(beyond possessing a digivice) is not consistent between season three and the other seasons with digidestined, to be a digidestined means an entirely different thing. Therefore unless you are comparing her exclusively to the other digidesdeined in season 3 which you don't seem to be doing(and even then it's shakey because season 3 is neither strick on what traits are expected in a digidesdined nor is there much precedent to go off of) using the categorizer of digidestined in that context under that definition to establish her as an outlier is...entirely meaningless.
The definition is a Digidestined is one who is given a Digivice. Teh show made that clear. Nothing more. Other traits are nice, but that's what sometimes gets you the item in the first place. It wasn't what got Rika one, it was her determination and nothing more. Her partner clearly had the same views as her, but wasn't evil either(unlike IceDevimon). Season 6 does not have Digivices(at least outside of the crossover movie), and isn't comparable. Rika was never corrupted. She was a jerk from the start, but thankfully got better. She pretty much did coldly kill Digimon and took away their life force. She did get better, but that took time.

Awww I thought they were the best part. I thought they were complex, god damn amazingly 3 demensional, relatable, loveable, well utilized, consistent, had good chemistry with eachother, just to name a few things. I simply cannot praise them enough. But again again again, opinion, so I won't argue with you. If you're not the type that's really into flawed character struggling to find stability(which is fine) then I could definitely see why you wouldn't like them. Also if you like charters to be, for very much want of a better term, "pleasant". I don't like the characters in Tamers because I think they are pleasant or because they don't annoy or outright anger me at times or even often(because they totally do). I like them because I find their realness and their abiet flawed attempts at betterment infinitely endearing and that means more to me than anything. I could say the exact same thing about the people I love most in real life as well.
Fair enough, but I still only felt anything for Juri period. She actually has a strong sob story and was broken by many things. The worst Rika got was the IceDevimon episode, but everybody else didn't get enough to make me feel heavily emotional about them at all.

It is nice they were more realistic(but then again, most seasons were, save maybe Season 5 to a degree). But this is a series full of nonsensical stuff, so... Also, I find it interesting that Juri used a LadyDevimon attack with Leomon, and then he got killed by... a demonic Digimon. Don't mess with evil indeed? :p (yes, it's a funny coincidence)

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Going for the Rangers. Alway liked Marty St Louis and it would be awesome to see him win another Cup. You?
Well, I don't watch Hockey myself. My family on the other hand are hockey nuts.
We mostly go for the Red Wings, but they lost. Along with the Bruins (long story with them). So we're rooting for the Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom