• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You want to know who is 1000x a better person than Goku?

Vegeta

Vegeta actually feels remorse for his actions and love for his family

I NEVER noticed this when I was young, but it's so obvious now.

Vegeta is a lot more pure a heart than Goku

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I would believe that he was a "blood lusting brute" if he tried to fatality characters while they were weakened... such as Cell or the more prominent example: Frieza.
He couldn't actually beat Perfect Cell overall, but did try to remove him from the earth hoping he'd die in space. He just miscalculated. He had no intention of letting him live that time. Cell's not that good of an example, and the Senzu Bean part is actually due to him being beyond overconfident in Gohan's abilities(clearly it worked, but still). It was not a smart move period.

Frieza he did try to save, Cell he never made any attempts at all.

Morbi

Scavenger
He couldn't actually beat Perfect Cell overall, but did try to remove him from the earth hoping he'd die in space. He just miscalculated. He had no intention of letting him live that time. Cell's not that good of an example, and the Senzu Bean part is actually due to him being beyond overconfident in Gohan's abilities(clearly it worked, but still). It was not a smart move period.

Frieza he did try to save, Cell he never made any attempts at all.
I agree, we were just talking about Cell and I was trying to tie it into Frieza as that example is more relevant to his personality.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't really like DBZ. I liked the original Dragon Ball manga but DBZ I couldn't get into. I did find Battle of the Gods hilarious though and I enjoyed playing the DBZ video games.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know what's weird...

I saw it in Japanese, but when thinking of it, the lines people say are in the voices of the english voice actors

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Never really got into Dragon Ball Z... that Sailor Moon though.
Are you serious about it? Because I can't wait for the reboot.

http://sailormoon-official.com/animation/characters/moon.php

Though I'm still not sure how I feel about the art. We're so so so so so so used to the original anime and art, looking at these feels like fanart, look at some of Moon's and Mercury's mugshots.

It'll be so weird getting used to it.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I agree, we were just talking about Cell and I was trying to tie it into Frieza as that example is more relevant to his personality.
Well, being too nice is another story. It came back to bite him more than once with Frieza. First not quickly letting him die not only wasted his energy, he then nearly got attacked by King Cold, and then Frieza's brother(twice, due to two moves).

However, him saving Vegeta more or less helped the world overall. Albeit, you could easily argue that outside of Trunks himself existing(and coming back from the future), Vegeta pretty much ruined everything. He was not needed during the Namek saga and Goku could've easily taken care of stuff(or somebody else could) that Vegeta tried to do. The Saiyan Prince was useless against Frieza. More notably, he's the main reason why Cell was able to reach his perfect form. And that's actually as far as I was able to see. I never saw beyond the Cell saga, sadly. I hope DBZ Kai finally finishes the full series off.

I honestly did like him a lot more in GT, which, to be honest, I found was a nice addition to the series. Having a fully fighting female(for the whole series. Until the Cell saga started, we had no one. Bulma and Chi Chi hardly count, despite clearly being pretty strong characters overall. I actually would not want to be Cell if Chi Chi was nearby... especially if he threatened Gohan. Hoo boy... Albeit, Cell would likely win, but hot damn, would she have likely at least dealt some severe damage. Obviously not against Perfect Cell, but his earlier forms, well... I doubt he'd even be able to absorb Chi Chi as well. Unlike Buu who did beat Chi Chi by metamorphisizing her into candy, if I remember correctly, Cell doesn't have such abilities. Also, if he had hurt Chi Chi, let's just say that dealing with a mad Goku and Gohan would've made him beyond toast. As for Bulma, she's kind of meh fighting-wise, but clearly has Vegeta on a leash) was very nice in itself, plus, a female Saiyan existing was a really good move too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I remember watching sailor moon as a kid and thinking:

Whether or not those 2 are REALLY cousins, they are still having ***

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I watched DBZ up until the end of the Cell saga in the late '90s while I was still a kid. Then I gave up because it was too long for my attention span to wait every week for a new episode. By now I have forgotten a lot of things except for important details of the sagas I've watched.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

"Pic of the day. Brewster brings The Roost back to Smash Bros. Nothing beats watching a battle of famous fighters with a freshly brewed cup of coffee."

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Wait, does maintenance start at 4AM instead of 3AM now or what?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Looks like there's a Ridley discussion in the comment section of the Pic Of The Day.
It'd help if some people used less troll logic.

Ridley is likely to be a stage hazard. That's very agreeable.

He is not disconfirmed because Sakurai didn't say he was not playable. It's not a hard concept in any way. Don't know why people can't accept that fact and wait to see. Honestly, if he's not, fair enough. But the worst one I saw was "we can't have 6 Pokemon against because it'll be overrepresented" while makes no sense since Brawl had 6 Pokemon anyway and the possibly true worst one; "Chrom's disconfirmed because we won't have 3 blue-haired swordsman." I don't even like Chrom, but come on, that's just troll logic, man. -_-

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Would you like us to bring the site down from 3-4 so it could be more familiar to everyone?
Issy, stop that. You're starting to sound like you actually care about what I think and that makes me optimistically insecure. ¦D

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I jokingly said I would be 10x more efficient in moderation if the daily maintenance was not at 5pm (my time).
Next day I noticed it didn't happen at 5, and I was pleased.
An hour later, at 6, the same day, the maintenance occurred, and I was FRAKENstein annoyed I lost a PM to someone.

Meh. It's the lesser of two evils. (For some reason I don't think I was the reason it got changed, just highly coincidental :p)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Digimon Tamers was originally going to go a completely different direction

After all, they haven't used a single card after the first half

Also the title screen has tamers and digimon that don't appear in the show

Edit: I imagine it was ORIGINALLY going to be like Kamen Rider Ryuki

Edit 3: LOL, it was made 2 years BEFORE Kamen Rider Ryuki.

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I think Digimon Tamers was originally going to go a completely different direction

Also the title screen has tamers and digimon that don't appear in the show

Edit: I imagine it was ORIGINALLY going to be like Kamen Rider Ryuki

Edit 3: LOL, it was made 2 years BEFORE Kamen Rider Ryuki.
Rather than Karmen Rider, Tamers was supposed to be a tribute to Neon Genesis Evangelion. So I guess changing gears mid series is appropriate.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Rather than Karmen Rider, Tamers was supposed to be a tribute to Neon Genesis Evangelion. So I guess changing gears mid series is appropriate.
It makes more sense as Neon Genesis after halfway point, but before that it seems like it's going the same direction as Kamen Rider Ryuki

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Also the title screen has tamers and digimon that don't appear in the show.
Well, remember Ryo(who was in)? I think they intended to have a lot of the characters from the original WonderSwan series in it, but that never happened in the end. Reusing the same animated scenes from the Japanese opening was inevitable.

That's my theory on it. They might've showed characters from previous seasons too. One of them looked like regular BlackWarGreymon as well.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
It makes more sense as Neon Genesis after halfway point, but before that it seems like it's going the same direction as Kamen Rider Ryuki
Eh I dunno, I'd say the second half feels like the second half of Evangelion, and the first half feels like the first half of Evangelion. Which is nothing like the second half of Evangelion.

I do totally get where you're coming from with the Kamen Rider Ryuki comparison though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, remember Ryo(who was in)? I think they intended to have a lot of the characters from the original WonderSwan series in it, but that never happened in the end. Reusing the same animated scenes from the Japanese opening was inevitable.

That's my theory on it. They might've showed characters from previous seasons too. One of them looked like regular BlackWarGreymon as well.
According to JesuOtaku, Ryo wasn't originally going to be in the show. It was a corporate decision

JesuOtaku did a whole thing on digimon

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
According to JesuOtaku, Ryo wasn't originally going to be in the show. It was a corporate decision
It's literally the American's audiences only exposure to the WonderSwan series, so I liked it. Also, Rika really needed a foil anyway. She was way too good, bordering on Mary Sue territory at times. Ryo... has similar issues, but that was more due to his much less screen time, so he couldn't actually show his weaknesses much at all. That's actually what I loved about this season, it heavily deconstructed some characters. It even finally showed that neutral Digimon weren't naturally good or evil, they were just acting like animals(to an extent, villages existed too obviously) or at least more medieval humans at that point. And were willing to come together against a true evil.

Speaking of that, I liked that the Dark Masters reappeared(as in the Megas themselves) as good guys along with the other Digimon.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Tamers is not only my favorite digimon series, but one of my top five favorite shows of all time.

But I really really don't like Ryo.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Will I will defintetly apply for backroom, who thinks I'll actually make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom