• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yep. That seems about right.

That's....just really dumb. I mean, like it's just exceedingly dumb. Then again, if you are going to divorce someone over a Disney movie, you probably shouldn't be making those kinds of commitments whatsoever. Honestly if you had to deal with a person like that, you'd be better off with someone else anyway.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
However, him saving Vegeta more or less helped the world overall. Albeit, you could easily argue that outside of Trunks himself existing(and coming back from the future), Vegeta pretty much ruined everything. He was not needed during the Namek saga and Goku could've easily taken care of stuff(or somebody else could) that Vegeta tried to do. The Saiyan Prince was useless against Frieza. More notably, he's the main reason why Cell was able to reach his perfect form. And that's actually as far as I was able to see. I never saw beyond the Cell saga, sadly. I hope DBZ Kai finally finishes the full series off.
I disagree with Vegeta not being needed that saga. He killed Cui, Zarbon, Deidara, Jeice and Guldo one of who was about to kill Gohan and Krillin. Not to mention that if it wasn't for him, Goku would have never gotten his body back because Gohan, Krillin and Ginyu Goku were getting their butts handed to them. I actually think he was more important here than in the Cell Saga where he really only had 2 fights and got handed to in the one with Android 18 and later half of his fight with Cell.

They confirmed that they were making the Buu Saga for Kai.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's literally the American's audiences only exposure to the WonderSwan series, so I liked it. Also, Rika really needed a foil anyway. She was way too good, bordering on Mary Sue territory at times. Ryo... has similar issues, but that was more due to his much less screen time, so he couldn't actually show his weaknesses much at all. That's actually what I loved about this season, it heavily deconstructed some characters. It even finally showed that neutral Digimon weren't naturally good or evil, they were just acting like animals(to an extent, villages existed too obviously) or at least more medieval humans at that point. And were willing to come together against a true evil.

Speaking of that, I liked that the Dark Masters reappeared(as in the Megas themselves) as good guys along with the other Digimon.
Honestly, I felt Rika was fine, even in the early episodes. She started out as this "I'm too good for you guys" type character, but as the first few episodes went by, she kept getting into situations where she wasn't as effective, such as the Icedevimon incident. The show also challenged her views, showing that believing Digimon to just be tools was wrong and that she had to fix that, same with her loner mentality (which is what prompts the biomerge for her). By the time Ryo was brought into the picture, she was already pretty developed as a character away from being too perfect.

Ryo I felt suffered much more from being a Canon Sue. He got gifts that he really didn't work towards in the show (at least, compared to the others), everyone worshipped him aside from Rika (and even she conceded he was pretty good), and was the only other character besides the main three to Biomerge with no explanation. Granted, it's not completely on the fault of the writers because they were forced to do it (which Toei/Bandai has a really bad habit of doing with this franchise), but no matter the reason, unfortunately that lack of time to develop or deconstruct him really hurt him as a character.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I hope a veteran character gets revealed tomorrow. Nice way to cap this week.
I wouldn't ever turn down the idea of getting a character at any time of any month, but with as crazy as next week is going to be, I'd rather they just wait for the big show.

By the way, Iwata is unwell, so he won't be at E3 as his physician told him to stay home and not make the trip. He'll still be doing his duties at Nintendo so because of that I wager it isn't anything too serious.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I disagree with Vegeta not being needed that saga. He killed Cui, Zarbon, Deidara, Jeice and Guldo one of who was about to kill Gohan and Krillin. Not to mention that if it wasn't for him, Goku would have never gotten his body back because Gohan, Krillin and Ginyu Goku were getting their butts handed to them. I actually think he was more important here than in the Cell Saga where he really only had 2 fights and got handed to in the one with Android 18 and later half of his fight with Cell.

They confirmed that they were making the Buu Saga for Kai.
Nah. Goku could've done it himself. Vegeta barely beat most of them anyway, so it wasn't a severely high amount of help. And Vegeta still is the only reason Cell was able to absorb 18. If he didn't act like an idiot, well... the fight would have been over before more people got hurt.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, I felt Rika was fine, even in the early episodes. She started out as this "I'm too good for you guys" type character, but as the first few episodes went by, she kept getting into situations where she wasn't as effective, such as the Icedevimon incident. The show also challenged her views, showing that believing Digimon to just be tools was wrong and that she had to fix that, same with her loner mentality (which is what prompts the biomerge for her). By the time Ryo was brought into the picture, she was already pretty developed as a character away from being too perfect.
Ryo came in well before she ever got the biomerge, and I felt she didn't really improve that much till after he came in. He wasn't a great character, but she was no less awful. It was nice that it was believable with how long it took for her to mature, but it didn't make her less ridiculous overall. I honestly never really liked her as a character, as even as pretty much a Sue(it doesn't matter that Ryo did it worse), she was beyond cold-hearted. No digidestined(that was that way right away or at least wasn't being controlled/directly corrupted) was ever that horrible. I severely disliked her period. Ryo I didn't like either, but he had nothing interesting about him to go off of to like.

Ryo I felt suffered much more from being a Canon Sue. He got gifts that he really didn't work towards in the show (at least, compared to the others), everyone worshipped him aside from Rika (and even she conceded he was pretty good), and was the only other character besides the main three to Biomerge with no explanation. Granted, it's not completely on the fault of the writers because they were forced to do it (which Toei/Bandai has a really bad habit of doing with this franchise), but no matter the reason, unfortunately that lack of time to develop or deconstruct him really hurt him as a character.
All they really needed was to show more of his backstory via flashbacks(which justifies those gifts), and show how he got the biomerge. Obviously he had to have done something right besides be "powerful" for the biomerge to work. However, if his only reason for being in is executive meddling, the writers probably didn't have any previous plans or a good way to implement him properly.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@ Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth

I just accidentally clicked your name. No offence here, BUT YOU'RE A GIRL?!? The things that have been throwing me off are your name and your avatar.

This is bigger news to me when I found out I had 2,000 likes!
Transgender. It's hard to tell when I named myself well before my mental transition.

It's not hard to be confused in that situation, respectively. Don't feel bad or weird. Not like a person's gender really much affects who they are overall, right? It's just a small piece of their identity, respectively. :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@ Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth Are you really a transgender?
...Are you honestly asking that?

I already said I am.

And transgender means I believe I'm the opposite physical sex, but I haven't physically transitioned yet. I think some use it the same way as transexual, but that's what I mean by transgender.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Nah. Goku could've done it himself. Vegeta barely beat most of them anyway, so it wasn't a severely high amount of help. And Vegeta still is the only reason Cell was able to absorb 18. If he didn't act like an idiot, well... the fight would have been over before more people got hurt.
Goku could have taken out most of those guys but they would have killed Gohan and Krillin before that. I don't think that Goku would've made it to Frieza considering he got body switched by Ginyu. There's also the fact that if Vegeta didn't interfere with getting the Dragon Balls then Frieza may have actually gotten his wish. And yes, I agree that Vegeta was stupid to let Cell power up.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

I already said I am.

And transgender means I believe I'm the opposite physical sex, but I haven't physically transitioned yet. I think some use it the same way as transexual, but that's what I mean by transgender.
Sorry, but where I'm from we have some really religious views on some things.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Goku could have taken out most of those guys but they would have killed Gohan and Krillin before that. I don't think that Goku would've made it to Frieza considering he got body switched by Ginyu. There's also the fact that if Vegeta didn't interfere with getting the Dragon Balls then Frieza may have actually gotten his wish. And yes, I agree that Vegeta was stupid to let Cell power up.
Had Krillin cut Frieza in half with the Destructo Disk (I think that's what they call it in English?) after blinding him... the whole thing would have been over before he even reached third form... ironically enough, getting chopped in half is exactly what happened to Frieza in the end anyhow.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

I already said I am.

So you are like a Clownfish... except the opposite.

Kinky.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I LIVE! I actually just didn't choose to be here for a few days. 5000 points to the one who can figure out where that line was from.

Underrated SNES games,anyone?
Clock Tower.
Talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom