• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The chat was probably the best part of hitbox actually, almost no 'cancer' at all and the mods were really good. It was nice to have a significant chat about the games being played. I even kept up with a German stream because people were so awesome.
There are no moderators.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
annndddd it's finally happening, I get to download my free Wind Waker HD copy =D

EDIT: anddddd an error occurred, closed my E-Shop before I could actually start downloading, and now I have to deal with Club Nintendo being a slow piece of **** all over again

GREAT GREAT GREAT

EDIT 2: Never mind, I didn't have to redeem it again so that's good.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Okay, maybe I'm nuts but if for some insane reason we actually got classic Spyro and not the skylanders garbage, I'd be INSANELY pumped. I'd take him over Ridley. Please don't kill me.
I want any dragon lol.

A flying salamander that can mega evolve into a dragon is not enough.

@ mimgrim mimgrim ,

I like the purple pink + beige-ish color scheme you have going. Your avatar definitely gives you personality!
Yea. I thought it was perfect to coincide with the pink theme I have going on. ^^

I oughta hate-kiss you for ruining my joke.

You hoor.
And so Sehnsucht grabbed Capps by the arms and forced him onto the ground, savoring the moment. While Capss struggled with all his might against Sehnsucht unworldly power, Sehnsucht leaned his face closer and closer in towards Capps. He whispered softly into Capps' ear "Prepare to be kissed." Sehnsucht then preformed a long savory kiss of hate onto Capps' lips while laughing evilly on the inside.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's officially a new month where I'm at. So I'm changing my avatar again. I usually tend to change it monthly anyway.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
And so Sehnsucht grabbed Capps by the arms and forced him onto the ground, savoring the moment. While Capss struggled with all his might against Sehnsucht unworldly power, Sehnsucht leaned his face closer and closer in towards Capps. He whispered softly into Capps' ear "Prepare to be kissed." Sehnsucht then preformed a long savory kiss of hate onto Capps' lips while laughing evilly on the inside.
get out of my brain

Every1XplodeNOW

Smash Cadet
NNID
Every1XplodeNOW
3DS FC
4296-3001-1245
I've really enjoyed Mario Kart 8 so far, I think it's the 2nd best installment in the series. I've also been playing Wind Waker for the first time and I'm really liking it. I'm not to far into the game, but I can already say I'm enjoying it more than OOT.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well I define a casual gamer as someone who doesn't have many games, doesn't look into any of the games they have, and don't play them super often.

A competitive gamer is someone who plays at tournaments or events for a game to try and win and be the very best they can be.

In between the 2 you have things like gamer, hardcore gamer, casual-competitive, and the like.

But that's just me.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Well I define a casual gamer as someone who doesn't have many games, doesn't look into any of the games they have, and don't play them super often.

A competitive gamer is someone who plays at tournaments or events for a game to try and win and be the very best they can be.

In between the 2 you have things like gamer, hardcore gamer, casual-competitive, and the like.

But that's just me.
Alright, I don't have a competitive scene where I am. So, I'm a casual apparently. :urg:

That sucks.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Alright, I don't have a competitive scene where I am. So, I'm a casual apparently. :urg:

That sucks.
Considering that you are on a forum about a game, and more then likely are into a lot of other games considering that.

You probably fall under "gamer" or "hardcore gamer" instead.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Ok then. You're a hardcore Smash. :p

A true "casual" wouldn't even be on a forum site about a game to begin with.

Are you even sure there isn't a competitive scene around you? Where do you live?
I've never really looked around. I'm not very "social."

I live around Memphis.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Within the competitive vernacular,
casuals are people who play [as a majority of their time] with items, who play janky stages, who play with ethics or morals (like "don't grab the ledge") etc etc. Basically people who don't play the game with a competitive (in person tournament) rule set in mind. "Competitive rule set" is pretty broad within itself, but let's not argue that this time.

I'm sure people play the game with competitive rules in mind and never attend tournaments, but to refine 'competitive' further, then I would say its then based off your knowledge of the game. If you know your character inside and out and study match ups, you're quite competitive, no matter whether you attend things or not (lots of wifi players in the brawl days like this, some eventually show up to tournaments and become heroes [ @AllyKnight / @Salem ]). Being competitive means you dedicate time to being better as efficiently as possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom