• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Don't worry, most get his personality all skewed up. It's normal.
I understand. He's just a mixed bag in human form. Many preferred him being lively as his Sonic Adventure 2 counterpart while others like the more gloomier Shadow from the later games that rarely smile. (Though he did smile and cheer in Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed if you win first place. :troll:)

Then the there's the obvious haters that hate him or his modern representation in general. ("You've got this Sonic!" and "Damn!" anyone?)

I think that portraying him as his modern counterpart with the snark factor and arrogance as his SA2 self should make both sides happy. I'll try to only make him smile at the most appropriate moments (like how he did when fighting Team Sonic in Sonic Heroes for example) and make him express feelings other than negative ones at appropriate times.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I've spent about 15 hours on Mario Kart 8, half of that being with my friends playing 4 player locally. I haven't had so much fun with MK since Double Dash. I have no issues with the item system. It requires it's own kind of tactics which differs from the rest of the series. I did have a problem with the roster, but not anymore. There's still a few I dislike, but it doesnt bother me and the Koopalings are really fun. There's not one track that is boring, they're all carefully created, look amazing and have excellent music. Racing up waterfalls, down ski slopes, through space stations, airports, bowsers castle and twisted mansions... they're great. I love this game.

Just my opinion though.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, he's probably the robot master that made me ragequit the most playing buster only in Mega Man 3 but whatever (though Needle Man was almost if not just as bad)
Well, I never said I liked him in terms of gameplay.
It's mostly the concept. Because ninjas.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Side Note: I really wish they brought Mega Man 9 and 10 to the wii U or 3DS, because I have literally no way to play those games outside of illegal means right now (unless they actually DID port them to either of those consoles in which case I want to buy 'em.)

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
To me, the worst Mario Kart game around is Super Mario Kart. In hindsight it's actually surprising it even got a sequel.

1. The simple act of turning is obnoxiously difficult. If you turn too hard you spin out, and turning too hard is too easy to do. Play as any character other than Toad or Koopa Troopa and you will be in for a rough time.

2. A good number of the tracks are frustratingly designed, largely thanks to turning being so difficult. I'm particularly thinking of things like Choco Island aka entire chunks of the road are covered in mud that makes you slip, as if turning didn't already make you feel like you were slipping. If you aren't slipping on Mud or Ice in addition to the terrible turning, then you're hitting walls since alot of the tracks demand that you make sharp turns that with turning being as bad as it is, that's just a bit too difficult to do, especially while dealing with everything else.

3. Item panels being one-time-use items is really annoying, especially in some of the more frustrating tracks. Once you drive over them, it's over, so if you are in that obnoxious Choco Island track with the huge mud puddle in the middle of it and you already ran over an item panel on Lap 1... Lap 2 is gonna be tough unless you really wanna just slip all over the puddle looking for an active non-red Item Panel. Respawning item BLOCKS are much better.

4. Coins are kind of mishandled here. They kind of went for a Sonic the Hedgehog kinda deal where you can take hits if you have coins. If you don't have coins, the simple act of bumping into someone else makes you spin out.

5. CPU players don't even play by the rules. They just pull items out of their rears, a good number of which can't even be wielded by the player, regardless of which character they play as. Peach and Toad dropping Mushrooms that make you shrink, and worst of all, Mario and Luigi just pulling Invincibility Stars out whenever they feel like. And that's the worst part about it. They just pull these items out whenever, sometimes multiple times in a row, regardless of whether they drove over an Item Panel or not. You end up feeling awfully frightened being around Mario and Luigi knowing that they can pull out an Invincibility Star just whenever the heck they want to. PLUS they can jump over items (including red shells) whenever they want... the player also cannot do this without the feather.

And that, to me, is why Super Mario Kart is on the bottom of my list.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
To me, the worst Mario Kart game around is Super Mario Kart. In hindsight it's actually surprising it even got a sequel.

1. The simple act of turning is obnoxiously difficult. If you turn too hard you spin out, and turning too hard is too easy to do. Play as any character other than Toad or Koopa Troopa and you will be in for a rough time.

2. A good number of the tracks are frustratingly designed, largely thanks to turning being so difficult. I'm particularly thinking of things like Choco Island aka entire chunks of the road are covered in mud that makes you slip, as if turning didn't already make you feel like you were slipping. If you aren't slipping on Mud or Ice in addition to the terrible turning, then you're hitting walls since alot of the tracks demand that you make sharp turns that with turning being as bad as it is, that's just a bit too difficult to do, especially while dealing with everything else.

3. Item panels being one-time-use items is really annoying, especially in some of the more frustrating tracks. Once you drive over them, it's over, so if you are in that obnoxious Choco Island track with the huge mud puddle in the middle of it and you already ran over an item panel on Lap 1... Lap 2 is gonna be tough unless you really wanna just slip all over the puddle looking for an active non-red Item Panel. Respawning item BLOCKS are much better.

4. Coins are kind of mishandled here. They kind of went for a Sonic the Hedgehog kinda deal where you can take hits if you have coins. If you don't have coins, the simple act of bumping into someone else makes you spin out.

5. CPU players don't even play by the rules. They just pull items out of their rears, a good number of which can't even be wielded by the player, regardless of which character they play as. Peach and Toad dropping Mushrooms that make you shrink, and worst of all, Mario and Luigi just pulling Invincibility Stars out whenever they feel like. And that's the worst part about it. They just pull these items out whenever, sometimes multiple times in a row, regardless of whether they drove over an Item Panel or not. You end up feeling awfully frightened being around Mario and Luigi knowing that they can pull out an Invincibility Star just whenever the heck they want to.

And that, to me, is why Super Mario Kart is on the bottom of my list.
I agree, it's enough that I've seen JoshJepson play through Super Mario Kart that I'm not getting it

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
E3 being just around the corner just hit me like a freight train.
HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! :colorful::bluejump::colorful:
OK, fun E3 game I just thought up!

So we all expect character reveals at E3. BUT... WHICH character? Name one character that you expect to see at E3, and if the character in question is NOT shown off, either in the conference or in the other days of E3, then THIS

The_Brak_Show_[Bawkbagawk]_(2000)_4.jpg

Will be your avatar for the rest of the month.

Who's game? I expect that Chrom feller to show up. If he doesn't... then I'll get a new Avatar.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
this is the part where trolling support threads needs to stop being a thing :D (Not denying my role at all in it but still.)

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Okay, maybe I'm nuts but if for some insane reason we actually got classic Spyro and not the skylanders garbage, I'd be INSANELY pumped. I'd take him over Ridley. Please don't kill me.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Okay, maybe I'm nuts but if for some insane reason we actually got classic Spyro and not the skylanders garbage, I'd be INSANELY pumped. I'd take him over Ridley. Please don't kill me.
I might be alone on this, but I want Alex Kidd, and I'd take him over Ridley any day.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd rather Crash Bandicoot TBH.
Too bad Activision threw Crash into the abyss. Never to be seen again. But at least Spyro had a bone thrown his way. I wouldn't mind Firebrand or Phoenix Wright either. You know, on the really small chance of getting another Capcom fighter.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Too bad Activision threw Crash into the abyss. Never to be seen again. But at least Spyro had a bone thrown his way. I wouldn't mind Firebrand or Phoenix Wright either. You know, on the really small chance of getting another Capcom fighter.
Spyro looking like mush barf though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom