• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Warning Received
Is it just because of the characters, or is the racing bad also?
(I've already heard that the Battle mode was bad, but I never play battle mode, so it won't bother me much)
1. Roster sucks but that's like the least of it. The core characters are there so you can't really complain much. But yes, Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach over Bowser Jr. and Diddy Kong is simply astoundingly bad.
2. The tracks are yes gorgeous, but they're not THAT funny nor original to play. The only tracks I really, really, really liked are Mount Wario, the new Bowser's Castle, Shy Guy Falls and Yoshi's Valley. The Rainbow Roads are the worst in the series so far (yep, the N64 looks great, but it's still boring as ****). The anti-gravity gimmick it's just a gimmick, sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's... there. Doesn't add much really.
3. Battle Mode I haven't even tried. They're not going to lure me into that crap. At this point is clear they don't give a crap about it anymore but they're afraid of the backlash they would get by simply cutting it.
4. Item system is the ABSOLUTE WORST in the series. The Coin thing and the one item per time bull it's simply baffling. They completely killed everything strategic or fun about Mario Kart imho. A race can be boring as ****, or incredibly messy and unwinnable, it really depends on the first lap of the race basically.
5. Single player is just a drag. Unlocking everything was boring as hell and at times frustrating. I hope the next installment has an option to unlock everything from the start. At least at 150cc and Mirror Mode the CPU isn't as bad as in Mario Kart 7.
6. Online works when it wants. And no it's not my connection, I play other games online without any problem. Most of the times it makes me watch an entire race (from ****ing lap 1, Jesus) and then it drops. Really scared for Smash Bros.
7. Graphics and music are really the only great things about the game, and that's what tricked me. From the trailers, the game is stunning, but in the end it's nothing more than the usual, rushed, extremely lacking of options and modes (bring back the ****ing Missions) Mario Kart.
8. Who the hell cares about that MKTV stuff. I like tried re-watching a race, thought "OK cool I guess" never got back to it.

The Mercedes Benz DLC must at least bump up your score by one whole point.
It will be so absolutely hilarious if that ends up being the only DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Side Note: What does that "warning received" mean at the top of some messages? Is it just to demonstrate the kinds of things people get warnings for? (Some time's it's pretty confusing why they got a warning in the first place.)

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Side Note: What does that "warning received" mean at the top of some messages? Is it just to demonstrate the kinds of things people get warnings for? (Some time's it's pretty confusing why they got a warning in the first place.)
It's for when a Challenger is approaching.

Also, it's to show that the post(s) in question got a warning, for (threatening to) violate forum rules and/or etiquette (in this case, it was for double posting).

#Moderator'sAide

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
How is the MLG stream? I've been wondering if it's any good. I checkout out hitbox.tv today and actually thought it was pretty good, so I'm curious.
It's fine, but the chat is even more 'cancer', as some would put it. You have to connect your Twitter, but posting doesn't require you to post on Twitter too.
The main thing for me is that it's not my preferred site, making things hard to find and frustrating to use, but other than that it's fine. It automatically does replays of older events, and I can't figure out how to tell if someone is 'live' streaming or if it's just playing back content.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I got a warning because of double posting.
You know, double posting is really bad. Like, you shouldn't do it.
It ruins everything.

You understand? Everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
It's fine, but the chat is even more 'cancer', as some would put it. You have to connect your Twitter, but posting doesn't require you to post on Twitter too.
The main thing for me is that it's not my preferred site, making things hard to find and frustrating to use, but other than that it's fine. It automatically does replays of older events, and I can't figure out how to tell if someone is 'live' streaming or if it's just playing back content.
That last bit is a tad strange. Why in the world would it just randomly play old videos? To look like it's live maybe?

The chat was probably the best part of hitbox actually, almost no 'cancer' at all and the mods were really good. It was nice to have a significant chat about the games being played. I even kept up with a German stream because people were so awesome.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I have two infractions on me.

I got one for double posting. Shaya The other one is for overcelebrating when I posted Friday's PotD before @Swift Fox . IsmaR I have no regrets on either of them.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Double posting isn't as bad as trolling or flaming, that's for sure, but it's still a forum policy and, more importantly, it avoids unnecessary clutter.

There's the option to edit your own posts. Making good use of it is wise.

Also (and I will be blunt here), if you're registered here, it's because you accepted the rules as they are and agreed to follow them, so there's no excuse for breaking them. If you disagree with them, your best option is to leave this site.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
It's also a good idea to be extra careful where you post stuff. For Example: you can't just go to the Shadow support thread and yell something crazy such as "I'M WEARING LADIES UNDERWEAR." I mean, you can, but the mods would probably have you infracted.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since things are getting pretty boring this summer, I might as well get back to continuing my Sonic & Sega All Stars fanfict since I bet my fans were wondering where the hell I've been. I figured that taking a 5 month hiatus was good since I need to brainstorm for the ongoing plot and obviously focus on the college semester. After all, the last last thing I need is getting Shadow's character wrong or giving him an awful portrayal. A complicated character like him needed to be heavily analyzed to get right after all.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
It's also a good idea to be extra careful where you post stuff. For Example: you can't just go to the Shadow support thread and yell something crazy such as "I'M WEARING LADIES UNDERWEAR." I mean, you can, but the mods would probably have you infracted.
The mods will infract and Pinocchio's nose won't grow, therefore attracting much curiosity.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Since things are getting pretty boring this summer, I might as well get back to continuing my Sonic & Sega All Stars fanfict since I bet my fans were wondering where the hell I've been. I figured that taking a 5 month hiatus was good since I need to brainstorm for the ongoing plot and obviously focus on the college semester. After all, the last last thing I need is getting Shadow's character wrong or giving him an awful portrayal. A complicated character like him needed to be heavily analyzed to get right after all.
I guess you can he's Mr. Sonic Fanfic.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Don't worry, most get his personality all skewed up. It's normal.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
So you're wrong, you can't go post that in that thread as it doesn't exist, at least according to the site search function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom