• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Nothing Marth does in smash is similar to what Chrom does in awakening, Look here,
Chrom even wields his sword two handed, which marth only does for his melee shield breaker, and Ike only does it for his stronger attacks.
So Chrom uses two hands and welds it different directions? THAT'S you're excuse?

I guess Dr. Mario wouldn't be a clone of Mario. He throws Pills upward and is never seen doing stuff as Mario does.

And Luigi shoots fireballs straight while holding out 2 fingers. Not to mention he jumps higher. No way he's gonna be a clone of Mario either.

You don't know that. only clone in FE so far was roy, and that's completely understandable considering his game wasn't even out yet.
No. It' s completley understandable because he and his abilities incredibly similar to Marth.

Drawing from awakening and resulting in a clone would be just plain lazy.
Which is why Sakurai would look for a different character besides Chrom. Drawing from Awakening and choosing what is essentially just a heavier Marth would be lazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Did I walk straight into a Chrom Clone discussion? Seems I did.
My two cents:

He's very likely to be a semi-clone.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
So I wonder what is in store for the daily pic tomorrow. Probably little Mac stuff

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
So Chrom uses two hands and welds it different directions? THAT'S you're excuse?

I guess Dr. Mario wouldn't be a clone of Mario. He throws Pills upward and is never seen doing stuff as Mario does.

And Luigi shoots fireballs straight while holding out 2 fingers. Not to mention he jumps higher. No way he's gonna be a clone of Mario either.
Oh, so all brawlers are clones just like all sword fighters? Lol okay, completely ignore Chrom's other weapons and techniques as well, while you're at it.

No. It' s completley understandable because he and his abilities incredibly similar to Marth.
no no no no no
Roy Wields the binding blade, a sword capable of lighting itself on fire and using ranged attacks. The possibility for Roy's moveset to include the blade's powers was diminished by the fact that he was pasted over Marth's moveset to add characters in little time, and the fact that his game was not yet released.

Which is why Sakurai would look for a different character besides Chrom. Drawing from Awakening and choosing what is essentially just a heavier Marth would be lazy.
All those dropped points, though. Like i said before, I'm not saying that there aren't more unique characters like robin that we could see, i'm saying that Chrom would not be a Marth clone.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You don't know that.
And even if they were clones, why does it matter that much?
You don't know that. only clone in FE so far was roy, and that's completely understandable considering his game wasn't even out yet. Drawing from awakening and resulting in a clone would be just plain lazy.
Because unlike those idiots back from the pre-brawl days supporting Wind Waker Link, I am the type of person that can see through a ruse.

Oh yeah, and congratulations Muster for picking the very scene that makes people think Chrom will be an Ike clone.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Because unlike those idiots back from the pre-brawl days supporting Wind Waker Link, I am the type of person that can see through a ruse.

Oh yeah, and congratulations Muster for picking the very scene that makes people think Chrom will be an Ike clone.
So luna+2 handed style+sword wielding spindash= Ike clone?
The difference between Tlink and Chrom is that Chrom (hopefully) won't be replacing a previous character, (toon link to young link) and as such won't inherit their moveset.

My two cents:

Considering how star fox is treated, i won't be suprised to see generic charge move special, counter down special, and generic rising sword action up special.
of course, 3-4 moves don't make a semi clone.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Chrom was created when Marth's ancestors took samples from both their DNA, fused them, and birthed him.

So in other words, he was born.
Fun fact: while cloned from Big Boss, Solid Snake was birthed via a surrogate mother (as was Liquid Snake). The method of creation is irrelevant, as it is only the origin and composition of the genetic material that determines what constitutes a clone.

On a related note, I have a theory that Mario is a clone of Doctor Mario, given the latter's genetic know-how.

Mario Galaxy 3 plot twist confirmed.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My two cents:

I just wish that Sakurai would prove the Chrom haters wrong by adding Chrom and he actually turns out to be pretty unique... just like how Sakurai proved the Little Mac haters wrong by adding Little Mac and he turned out to be damn unique despite the whole "but a moveset consisting entirely of punches is boring and not unique!" argument.

The same goes for Mii and Pac-Man as well.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
To those saying Chrom or perhaps Lucina would be clones -
everyone thought Little Mac's move set would consist of solely punches and kicks.
He has a counter, a super meter that turns his special into a one hit kill, and many different forms of punching that make him incredibly unique.

Don't underestimate Masahiro Sakurai.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
WE ARE LEGION
FOR WE ARE MANY

Nah, I just decided to give out more likes. :laugh:

That's a Rare sight to see. :troll:

You like likes? Well, I uh, like have a Likelike for you.

Can't believe I did this joke, even though I like like it.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I just wish that Sakurai would prove the Chrom haters wrong by adding Chrom and he actually turns out to be pretty unique... just like how Sakurai proved the Little Mac haters wrong by adding Little Mac and he turned out to be damn unique despite the whole "but a moveset consisting entirely of punches is boring and not unique!" argument.

The same goes for Mii and Pac-Man as well.
I agree completely, I personally think people aren't trying hard enough to make something unique out of him.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
everyone thought Little Mac's move set would consist of solely punches and kicks.
He has a counter, a super meter that turns his special into a one hit kill, and many different forms of punching that make him incredibly unique.

WHY THE **** WOULD A BOXER KICK?

I know dictators are morons, but god damn.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Oh, so all brawlers are clones just like all sword fighters? Lol okay, completely ignore Chrom's other weapons and techniques as well, while you're at it.
Oh, look at all the weapons and techniques Lucas, Ganondorf, and Toon Link have. Nio way they'll be clones.

Roy Wields the binding blade, a sword capable of lighting itself on fire and using ranged attacks. The possibility for Roy's moveset to include the blade's powers was diminished by the fact that he was pasted over Marth's moveset to add characters in little time, and the fact that his game was not yet released.
Source?

All those dropped points, though. Like i said before, I'm not saying that there aren't more unique characters like robin that we could see, i'm saying that Chrom would not be a Marth clone.
I have more of a basis to say he will be. In fact I base this off 9 other characters from past installments.

I'd also like to reitairate you've suggested no reason why he WOULDN'T be a clone.

You said he holds his sword with two hands??? Well, Fox holds his gun with 2 hands, while Falco who is a clone of him holds it with one hand.

You also say he weilds in different directions. Well Fox's side b goes straight forward while Wolf's goes diagnol. And he's still a semi-clone of Fox. These are all reasons why Chrom WOULD be a clone.

You finally say that Chrom has so much weaponry. Okay, so he has a lance. Big whoop. Toon Link has a Skull Hammer, Ganondorf has a big ass sword, Falco has a bazooka, and Lucas has plenty of PSI to Draw from. Yet they are still semi-clones.

If Chrom can be so unique like you claim, what is the problem with him being a semi-clone? That you wouldn't like it? I don't think Sakurai cares how you feel about semi-clones.

I agree completely, I personally think people aren't trying hard enough to make something unique out of him.
Correction, they are trying way too hard and being too naive. I guess people just aren't trying hard enough to give Pichu a unique move set. He CLEARLY would have one.

Sakurai doesn't just make characters into clones because he doesn't have a choice. And if he wanted to make them unique in Brawl then he would have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

People thought Little Mac would have kicks in his moveset? The most that could be said is that Mac can kick ass with nothing but his hands.

Given how all the Newcomers have been treated thus far, I find myself reassured that if Chrom were to make the cut, he'd be made to fit in nicely, (semi-)clone or not (not that I want Chrom, or find him to be all too probable, though).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Personally I was thinking that Mac would have done a quick low sweep for a Down Ground attack.
But I guess punching is fine as well. :p

I'm against the idea of Chrom in Smash, but I'm completely okay with Lucina. I think I may have some bias in my system.
I think you may have some bias. :p
Don't let the Chrom "is boring" troop change your mind.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Other way around. Everybody said Little Mac would have those unique moves. Little Mac actually consists of every single special move I said he would. And his move set does consist of punching. And this absurd. You're comparing Little Mac who is actually different to a character is a gender swap of another character.

Also who said Little Mac would kick?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
WHY THE **** WOULD A BOXER KICK?

I know dictators are morons, but god damn.
What does even mean?
Would it kill you to not be a condescending asshole for five minutes?
All I was saying is you shouldn't dismiss a character's potential so blatantly, it didn't really warrant immature name-calling.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Everyone also thought Rosalina would just be a Peach clone and yet here we are. Really, it's best not to assume we know the outcome of how a character will turn out, Chrom can be just as unique as any other newcomer with the right mindset.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Off topic but the fact that there's no plans to release this outside Japan drives me up a wall:

On another note, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Ice Climbers were revealed on this day.
Damn!!! I would love to get this.

But I am guessing that Nintendo of Japan doesn't think a physical copy of NES Remix 1+2 would sell well in North America...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
To be fair, by the way, all of Little Mac's moves DO involve punching. His counter is a block, followed by a punch, his special is an OHKO uppercut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom