• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Oh, look at all the weapons and techniques Lucas, Ganondorf, and Toon Link have. Nio way they'll be clones.
Ganondorf was a clone because he was a clone in melee. He was a clone in melee to save time. Lucas only slightly shares specials with ness. Toon link is young link's successor.

If you're looking for the binding blade's ranged options, look that up yourself. If you're looking for why Clones were what they were in melee, use your brain.

I have more of a basis to say he will be. In fact I base this off 9 other characters from past installments.
Sakurai has stated that he has tried to avoid adding clones in later installments, which is why we see more semi clones, and inherited movesets.
I'd also like to reitairate you've suggested no reason why he WOULDN'T be a clone.

You said he holds his sword with two hands??? Well, Fox holds his gun with 2 hands, while Falco who is a clone of him holds it with one hand.
Guns=/= swords. There are different styles for wielding swords, but a single neutral b for guns isn't going to be fleshed out. (even though all the guns they use are completely different in properties and effects, something you completely ignored.)
You also say he weilds in different directions. Well Fox's side b goes straight forward while Wolf's goes diagnol. And he's still a semi-clone of Fox. These are all reasons why Chrom WOULD be a clone.
When did wolf become a semi clone? All he shares with Fox are the general ideas of his specials, which all have vastly different looks and effects.
You finally say that Chrom has so much weaponry. Okay, so he has a lance. Big whoop. Toon Link has a Skull Hammer, Ganondorf has a big *** sword, Falco has a bazooka, and Lucas has plenty of PSI to Draw from. Yet they are still semi-clones.
Just because sakurai has made clones out of characters with potential doesn't mean he will this time. What about all those people saying rosalina would be a peach clone?(for some idiotic reason, like them having the same hair or clothes or something, oh wait) or that Little mac would be a Falcon clone? Just because Sakurai hasn't acknowledge potential in the past doesn't mean he won't this time.
If Chrom can be so unique like you claim, what is the problem with him being a semi-clone? That you wouldn't like it? I don't think Sakurai cares how you feel about semi-clones.
There's no problem with him being a semi-clone. He'll be in the game, and i'll be happy Whether he's unique or not. I never said that him being a semi clone would be bad, I said that i don't like it when people just dismiss him as a Marth clone.

Correction, they are trying way too hard and being to naive. I guess people just aren't trying hard enough to give Pichu a unique move set. He CLEARLY would have one.
Being to naive? that isn't even grammatically correct. what am i being to naive? am i being rude to naive?
You keep bringing up Melee clones like they're still topical. Pichu is literally just pikachu but smaller, they literally have the same moveset potential in the games, and the only differences are in stats and appearance alone.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
People have failed to explain this. They only proclaimed it was a guarantee because they are blond haired princesses, ignoring the actual characters.
Kind of reminds me of a certain Shulk stereotype that makes absolutely no sense...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
People have failed to explain this. They only proclaimed it was a guarantee because they are blond haired princesses, ignoring the actual characters.
Exactly, and what you're doing isn't really much better. You're assuming Chrom's doomed to be bland based on the similarities to other characters ignoring anything that he could bring to the table to differentiate himself. You have just as much a clue about how he'll be executed as the rest of the fans do, we can't assume just because a character share similarities to others they're doomed to be (semi-)clones.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
There's seems to be a lot of discussion of Chrom being a clone or too similar to Marth. I wouldn't worry too much about it, as Sakurai seems to be giving characters a lot of unique abilities this time. Despite this, besides him being paired up with Lucina or MU, I'm not sure what they could do to make this work.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Chrom wasn't exactly the best personality wise. There was little to no depth to his character.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
A bit, no wait,WAY off topic, but my birthday is coming up, and I want to buy a game, but Im not sure if I should get Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Fire Emblem: Awakening or a Wii-U game... help?

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
There's seems to be a lot of discussion of Chrom being a clone or too similar to Marth. I wouldn't worry too much about it, as Sakurai seems to be giving characters a lot of unique abilities this time. Despite this, besides him being paired up with Lucina or MU, I'm not sure what they could do to make this work.
If Chrom is in, he definitely won't be a clone. But if he is Sakurai probably won't add him at all. I'm sure Sakurai would do Chrom right/the way we want him to.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This might be explained by the fact that Rosalina did absolutely nothing but tell you bedtime stories in Super Mario Galaxy.... so it wasn't like we expected Rosalina to do the stuff in Smash that Mario himself originally did in Super Mario Galaxy.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A bit, no wait,WAY off topic, but my birthday is coming up, and I want to buy a game, but Im not sure if I should get Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Fire Emblem: Awakening or a Wii-U game... help?
the Mario and Luigi games are pretty fun in my opinion. But the big issue in Dream Team is the shear amount of hand-holding in it from what I heard. So if you hate tutorials, you might not enjoy the game nearly as much. If you haven't played Mario 3D World, you should. It's got a lot of replay value. And has some damn good level design.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
There's a difference between a similar character with highly contrasting abilities, and a similar character that has the same abilities.
Chrom has very little in common with Marth that isn't shared by every other lord in the series.
Why don't you criticize Ike or Roy or Leif for being like Marth?
Because you're biased again Chrom. No matter what we suggest they could do to make Chrom unique, you'll ignore them because you don't like him.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
the Mario and Luigi games are pretty fun in my opinion. But the big issue in Dream Team is the shear amount of hand-holding in it from what I heard. So if you hate tutorials, you might not enjoy the game nearly as much. If you haven't played Mario 3D World, you should. It's got a lot of replay value. And has some damn good level design.
Gawd I hate hand holding. I own Super Mario 3D World, its freakin awesome. Im thinking somewhere along the lines of Sonic and Sega All STars racing or maybe Rayman Legends, just something multiplayer for Wii-U. Mario Kart 8 is too far away

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Gawd I hate hand holding. I own Super Mario 3D World, its freakin awesome. Im thinking somewhere along the lines of Sonic and Sega All STars racing or maybe Rayman Legends, just something multiplayer for Wii-U. Mario Kart 8 is too far away
If you already have 3d world, i'd recommend either awakening or pikmin at this point. I played through awakening about 7 times before i got bored enough to get the dlc, and another 5 times after that. It's brimming with re-playability if the game appeals to you. (Try out the demo first to see if you like the gameplay or not)
Also, Try and keep your favorite ability for a character in the last slot, It'll help in the long run, i just can't tell you why.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What Muster said, if you dig the demo, buy the game, it will feed you hundreds of hours of content.
But on your first play through, don't be like me and try to max everyone's stats. It takes away the fun.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
If you already have 3d world, i'd recommend either awakening or pikmin at this point. I played through awakening about 7 times before i got bored enough to get the dlc, and another 5 times after that. It's brimming with re-playability if the game appeals to you. (Try out the demo first to see if you like the gameplay or not)
I has played the demo, which is why I want to throw my money at the cashier to get such a game

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I has played the demo, which is why I want to throw my money at the cashier to get such a game
Good, all is going according to plan...
The game's great, and if you can cough up a few bucks for the dlc as well, it'll be a fun experience worth the extra dollars.
Also, Keep your favorite abilities in the last slot of married characters. Can't tell you why, it'll just help you out.
also also, spotpass dlc is free, so you just take the free items and free extra chapters whenever you want.
also also also, did i mention the game is fun? It's really fun

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Chrom has very little in common with Marth that isn't shared by every other lord in the series.
Why don't you criticize Ike or Roy or Leif for being like Marth?
Because you're biased again Chrom. No matter what we suggest they could do to make Chrom unique, you'll ignore them because you don't like him.
I just don't see any reason to support either Chrom or Lucina when we still have Marth and Ike available, and I can instead put any efforts into supporting Shulk and Takamaru instead.

Also anyone that compares Ike to Marth is an idiot, no offense.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Good, all is going according to plan...
The game's great, and if you can cough up a few bucks for the dlc as well, it'll be a fun experience worth the extra dollars.
Also, Keep your favorite abilities in the last slot of married characters. Can't tell you why, it'll just help you out.
also also, spotpass dlc is free, so you just take the free items and free extra chapters whenever you want.
also also also, did i mention the game is fun? It's really fun
Yeah, Ill buy it. Maybe I can get a Wii-U game too, if Im lucky....

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I just don't see any reason to support either Chrom or Lucina when we still have Marth and Ike available, and I can instead put any efforts into supporting Shulk and Takamaru instead.

And anyone who calls a person they don't agree with an idiot is an ass, no offense.

The fact that you say Chrom is a carbon copy of Marth yet think Marth and Like have nothing in common proves how biased you are.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Cut the condescending attitude, it doesn't make you seem smarter.

And that's completely opinion based, hypothetically speaking Sakurai could see something unique in either (or both) of those characters and work off of that template. He's made quite a bit of characters unique that we never would've thought would bring what they did to the table, Chrom/Lucina can have a similar case. I don't see why you're so adamant in pushing that they're doomed to be bland characters when Smash as a series is home to so many that were made unique in the first place.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
And anyone who calls a person they don't agree with an idiot is an ***, no offense.

The fact that you say Chrom is a carbon copy of Marth yet think Marth and Like have nothing in common proves how biased you are.
There isn't a character named Like.

I said IKE.

As in, this guy.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Shulk and Takumaru are good characters in their own rights, i don't see why supporting chrom affects their chances.
Shulk's got dat monado, and while i haven't seen much xenoblade gameplay i already know he'd be a fun and unique character.
All i know about Takumaru is that he has a katana and shurikens, which by itself is pretty much a recipe for a fighting style we have not yet seen.
I'm going to avoid this chance for a sassy comeback regarding your earlier debacle against Chrom, but i'd much rather not delve into that again.
There isn't a character named Like.

I said IKE.

As in, this guy.

Okay, seriously now. he hit the l key on accident, don't be a ****.
And also

we like like ike

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Like Like for Smash? It would be pretty unique... sucking in opponents and stealing their shields. :awesome:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Like Like for Smash? It would be pretty unique... sucking in opponents and stealing their shields. :awesome:
His standard B steals your shield for the rest of the match, and every time you hit shield after that you're rocketed off like jigglypuff.
He is instantly banned at tournaments for being 3 op 4 me.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
His standard B steals your shield for the rest of the match, and every time you hit shield after that you're rocketed off like jigglypuff.
He is instantly banned at tournaments for being 3 op 4 me.
Final Smash would be shooting Rupees out of its mouth like fireworks.

Pic related.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Shulk and Takumaru are good characters in their own rights, i don't see why supporting chrom affects their chances.
Shulk's got dat monado, and while i haven't seen much xenoblade gameplay i already know he'd be a fun and unique character.
All i know about Takumaru is that he has a katana and shurikens, which by itself is pretty much a recipe for a fighting style we have not yet seen.

I'm going to avoid this chance for a sassy comeback regarding your earlier debacle against Chrom, but i'd much rather not delve into that again.

Okay, seriously now. he hit the l key on accident, don't be a ****.
And also

we like like ike
I know I like like like-likes, literally (and dont mind em eating me)! It's those stupid zombies and mummies that I hate. *shivers* They're scarier than that evil piano from Mario 64. Then again i never was afraid of that piano. *shivers*

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You guys make me really want a Like Like assist trophy.
You would like like a Like Like AT like I would like a Like Like AT. With Skull Kid is one, why not another AT from MM?
Oh, what have I done now? D:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
But.... aren't Ike and Marth completely different gameplay wise outside of Counter? Chrom actually uses the Falchion, Marth's rapier, unlike Ike who uses the Ragnell, a two handed blade.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
But.... aren't Ike and Marth completely different gameplay wise outside of Counter? Chrom actually uses the Falchion, Marth's rapier, unlike Ike who uses the Ragnell, a two handed blade.
Chrom can also wield lances/spears, and the falchion now looks like this.

The blade of the falchion is immune to wear and tear, but the hilt still falls off and breaks from time to time.
(chrom uses it for slashing and sonic style homing attacks, as well as the super samurai style luna attack)

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
And yet Ike only uses one hand for said two-handed sword...

We don't have a Fire Emblem character who fights by handling a sword with BOTH hands... I think that could make Chrom's playstyle different from Marth's and Ike's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom