• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Welp, my day been made.

Yesterday, one of my friends from a different forum was asking for suggestions to what he should draw and so, I asked him to draw Teddie from Persona 4.

and today, he send me this

So I played the Mario Kart 8 demo at gamestop. I thought it was great, but does anyone else think this game feels slower than Wii or is it just me.
I heard the demo was set at 100cc.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Coke- Used to be able to drink a pack a day until it got to the point that my teeth were unbelievably sensitive and I found out that soda's one of the worst things you can put in your body. Every once in awhile I get a craving for it but it's not something I drink regularly.

Oragina- French orange soda that's basically just club soda mixed with orange juice. It's expensive in the States and hardly anybody carries it anymore, at least not where I live.

Manzana Lift- An apple soda that tastes like carbonated apple cider that I had years ago while on a mission trip in Mexico. I've tried tons of knock offs in the States over the years but nothing comes close.
I'm a bit of a health nut (not hardcore, just a little) and I can't stand to drink most sodas that I don't make. The club soda-orange juice is something I do, but I prefer homemade ginger ale.

Also, I forgot to answer this.
But my favorite anime theme is:
Don't deny it.
:joyful:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I honestly don;t know my fave anime opening theme. It's been forever since I last watched an anime, most of you know the story by now e_e, so I probably don't remember them all. So I'll just go with my favorite anime in general.

Every1XplodeNOW

Smash Cadet
NNID
Every1XplodeNOW
3DS FC
4296-3001-1245
I'm not entirely sure what my favorite anime opening is, but whenever the question is asked, this one always comes to mind:
Probably the best opening that describes the anime that you're about to watch.

I also like the current Naruto Shippuuden opening(WARNING: It does contain spoilers if you're not caught up)

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, from the recent anime I finished, "Connect" and "Colorful" were pretty good as songs though if we are talking about the opening animation included then Connect could be better.

However, my absolute favorite is Kirby's Right Back at Ya's opening:

Mostly for pure nostalgia though. Memories. ~ <3

The japanese one was also good. :3

This should all keep in mind I don't watch too much anime. :p

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm not entirely sure what my favorite anime opening is, but whenever the question is asked, this one always comes to mind:
THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE, ALLOW ME TO SING IT TO YOU

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Smooth Criminal

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE, ALLOW ME TO SING IT TO YOU

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Smooth Criminal
I'm suddenly having strange, strange memories of SFM.

Heavy's Pizza Song, is that you?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
What the heck is this!?

I couldn't stop laughing during that, all because that every person they showed was constantly laughing.

Laughing is contagious.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
So for once there is ACTUALLY something I feel like talking about on this thread (rather than lurking anyways) first off, I'm at 99% with Kirby Triple Deluxe and I just need to get those damn gold medals on DeDeDe's Drum Dash...ugh any pointers? although if anyone is having trouble with either arena mode try archer...I found it super broken lol. OH and to those looking for an easy way to get all the keychains try level 1-2, you can get as many as 5 if you win the goal game.
I also got to play the Mario Kart 8 demo today and had a really good time with it, I was actually able to play every course available! (my favorite so far being Toad Harbor) and im glad someone else felt like it might have been a little slower, ofcourse I have no idea what CC it was, probably 50

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
First anime I ever saw. I was way little and did not recognize it as anime but it sure enough was the first anime I ever saw

It's adorable and you know it.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Pokemon or Digimon was probably the first Japanese animation I saw.
Pokemon was the first one I saw that I was fully aware was anime. When I watched Unico I didn't know it was anime since I was like... 3 or 4.

Escaflowne was the first I saw in subtitled format. I miss that show really bad.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Unfortunately, the first anime I saw was at about 4 or 5 years old and wasn't a good experience. I was flicking through the TV for something to watch, saw what I thought was a (typical) cartoon, but was actually Akira, two minutes before the gruesome mutation scene.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, the first anime I saw was at about 4 or 5 years old and wasn't a good experience. I was flicking through the TV for something to watch, saw what I thought was a (typical) cartoon, but was actually Akira, two minutes before the gruesome mutation scene.

I had... interesting experiences that were similar. I'd often walk into the room with my cousins while they were watching a show I eventually grew up to know as Violence Jack. But see, I was like, 5 at the time, and my mom would go in and grab me and tell me "No no no, they're watching big boy cartoons, not cartoons for you". I never got to see any of the.... "stuff" until I rediscovered it now that I'm in my mid-20s and... yeah, I think at my young age it was better that way.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I legitimately feel sorry for you.

that must have been a scarring moment.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I don't get it.
There was a game on Wiiware called Onslaught. Sort of a FPS about shooting bug monster things. EVERY TIME you'd shoot a succession of the bugs, the main character would exclaim "THAT'S WHY YOU'RE STILL A KID!" You would hear that line CONSTANTLY, and it didn't even make sense in context since he's not talking to anybody. Just shoot a series of bugs and then "THAT'S WHY YOU'RE STILL A KID!". Heck, you hear that so often that when IGN did the review of the game, when they were rating the sound portion of the game (they gave the sound a 4) the only comment they had to say under the score was "That's why you're still a kid". Heck, that line was the subtitle of their review title.

Since Iris is always calling Ash a kid... I thought the connection had to be made.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
First experience with anime was Pokemon and shortly after, stuff like Yu-Gi-Oh and Card Captors.

I was in Elementary school and it was that time when Pokemon was new and huge and it seemed like nearly every kid had a binder with cards in their backpacks.

The style of the animation in Pokemon was different and it intrigued me.
What were those big crosses that appeared on angry people's heads? And those big water drops?
And what were those white balls with the black squares on them, and why were they being called donuts?

I looked up stuff about Pokemon on the internet, and I'd often be led to sites talking about "anime".
I thought "anime" was the name of some girl or company.

----
Edit: I hope I'm not breaking any off-topic rules here. Eep. Sometimes I wonder about that, 'cause the thread got closed once for discussing stuff not related to Smash.

----

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Been playing Mario Kart 8 for the past few days. Local GameStop dummies sold it 2 weeks early hehe.

The game's crazy fun. Best Mario Kart to date for sure. Graphics look unreal and the track design is incredible. Battle mode kinda sucks though.

9/10 GO BUY IT

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yo...

I'm trying to get better with my PT.

So I was hoping you folks could tell me my strengths and weaknesses.

Also, remember, there was lag. :p

mimgrim

Smash Hero
@Swampasaur

I'll check out your matches tonight at midnight when I can watch videos of that length without repercussion. Although I don't really use PT and I'm not all that good of a player so anything and everything I say in terms of advice to get better, pass the basic stuff that every character needs, should be taken with a grain of salt.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Favorite anime opening? Oddly enough, Elfen Lied. I can't post the actual opening without breaking at least 40 rules of this forum but the thing that has always stuck with me is the main theme.

It's hauntingly beautiful. The lyrics are really powerful too and ties into running themes of the series perfectly. Some people interpret the lyrics differently. Some people see the song singing the praises of people who avoid evil while others attribute it to Saint Mary. Both fit as the main character does some pretty horrific things and then is barely able to live with themselves afterwards. It's a short series but it's easily one of the most memorable I've ever seen, especially when each episode hits you with a potato sack full of feels and the ending is one of those where you'll be tempted to just lay on the floor and stare at the ceiling for awhile to mentally digest all of it. I'm pretty sure it's still on Netflix so if you have an evening off (and don't mind feeling empty on the inside for awhile after watching it) I highly recommend it.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
My first anime I remember watching was Ranma 1/2. It is also the first show period I ever remember watching. In fact watching Ranma 1/2 may sadly enough be my earliest memory of life period. I believe I was two at the time.

My brother(who is much older than me) was one of those early wave 80s-early 90s American anime fans who watched every single show that got dubbed or imported VHSs from Japan and distributed them around like drugs. By the time I was born there was quite a lot of anime laying around my house, a decent portion of which was in subbed or unsubed Japanese, which my mom would sometimes put on for me because hey kids like cartoons. So at no point was Anime ever a foreign thing to me despite being, well, foreign.

I really had very little chance of not growing up a geek.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I feel like hitting something.

Someone do something infraction worthy.

Yo...

I'm trying to get better with my PT.

So I was hoping you folks could tell me my strengths and weaknesses.

Also, remember, there was lag. :p
:squirtle: - F-air less, B-air/U-air more. Fatigue hits Squirtle hardest when it comes to KO power, so you have to improvise. As Moon said, chipping in damage here and there works way better than trying to go for either U-Smash or stale F-air.

:ivysaur: - You get too hung up getting easy kills, which hurts you more than helps you. U-air/U-Smash/Dash attack should only be used with proper spacing, as the end lag will give them the opportunity to **** your **** up. F-air and F-Smash are slightly more reliable/safe. Also wouldn't kill ya to give F-tilt a little love.

:charizard: - U-Smash, U-Tilt and D-Tilt. That is all.

In general - I think your grab game needs a lot of work. Pivot grabbing especially. Another thing is the order you seemingly always pick. I don't know if you're a "lead with your strong foot" kind of player, but saving the best/worst for last doesn't always work. You need to adapt based on your opponent, or just not bother playing as a 'mon (your Charizard if that's your weak point). Transform immediately/eat a hit if necessary, otherwise you're doomed by the unfortunate curse of being a PT main.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I was way too much Anime as is to say what is the best, but tons are out there. All the English Pokemon themes are pretty good, some way better than others(I like the final D/P theme called "Sinnoh League Victors", the first one is great, "Advance Challenge" is the only one to use the word "Die" in a theme, although it's "This dream will never die", but still. Then there's Tenkai Knights, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z's "Rock the Dragon", although Kai is good too, arguably everything for Digimon's music(maybe Fusion's theme was kind of eh, but the rest...).

And more.

@ IsmaR IsmaR : I think somebody said Ridley's too big again. :troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

:squirtle: - F-air less, B-air/U-air more. Fatigue hits Squirtle hardest when it comes to KO power, so you have to improvise. As Moon said, chipping in damage here and there works way better than trying to go for either U-Smash or stale F-air.

:ivysaur: - You get too hung up getting easy kills, which hurts you more than helps you. U-air/U-Smash/Dash attack should only be used with proper spacing, as the end lag will give them the opportunity to **** your **** up. F-air and F-Smash are slightly more reliable/safe. Also wouldn't kill ya to give F-tilt a little love.

:charizard: - U-Smash, U-Tilt and D-Tilt. That is all.

In general - I think your grab game needs a lot of work. Pivot grabbing especially. Another thing is the order you seemingly always pick. I don't know if you're a "lead with your strong foot" kind of player, but saving the best/worst for last doesn't always work. You need to adapt based on your opponent, or just not bother playing as a 'mon (your Charizard if that's your weak point). Transform immediately/eat a hit if necessary, otherwise you're doomed by the unfortunate curse of being a PT main.
Oh boy...

That's a lot of things to work on...

My strengths?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom