• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ever since I started watching anime, I find myself liking J-rock and J-pop more and more. Them opening and ending songs...

Also, E3 with more Smash info is mad hype, but that reminds me... It's almost been a year since Sakurai started the daily pictures.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Ever since I started watching anime, I find myself liking J-rock and J-pop more and more. Them opening and ending songs...

Also, E3 with more Smash info is mad hype, but that reminds me... It's almost been a year since Sakurai started the daily pictures.
Still my fav opening
especially at 0:45 man sakurai make my dream come true and let me see tetra in smash as a playable character i know it's a not high hopes but a guy can dream

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So I played the Mario Kart 8 demo at gamestop. I thought it was great, but does anyone else think this game feels slower than Wii or is it just me.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Sorry i'm late, but the consensus here is that it's fake, for some good reasons as well.
I wish it was true though, even if only the sm4sh release date.
And I'll laugh and laugh if it's true and an entire subreddit is wrong XD

I also read this from someone on that subreddit: "Nintendo would never have this hype of a conference/event or lineup of announcements."
Why is this so impossible? Why, after finally losing money, wouldn't Nintendo bring out the big guns to try and get their money back? It's almost as if people think Nintendo can't do a good E3.

So a guy who plays Dark Souls told me to "git gud" at Ghosts N Goblins.

Made the fool play Ghosts N Goblins and it broke him. :laugh:
"Talk s***, get hit."

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
So I played the Mario Kart 8 demo at gamestop. I thought it was great, but does anyone else think this game feels slower than Wii or is it just me.
Probably you, but it does run a lot smoother than MK Wii does. Maybe that's why it feels slower to you?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Making homemade Ginger Ale... anyone have a favorite soda?
Coke- Used to be able to drink a pack a day until it got to the point that my teeth were unbelievably sensitive and I found out that soda's one of the worst things you can put in your body. Every once in awhile I get a craving for it but it's not something I drink regularly.

Oragina- French orange soda that's basically just club soda mixed with orange juice. It's expensive in the States and hardly anybody carries it anymore, at least not where I live.

Manzana Lift- An apple soda that tastes like carbonated apple cider that I had years ago while on a mission trip in Mexico. I've tried tons of knock offs in the States over the years but nothing comes close.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Pepsi for SSB4 fave soda.

That's probably why. I think it might also be because they removed wheelies.
and the transitions between two games in the same series may have different speeds. i.e.: SSB - SSBM where Melee was faster than SSB, and SSBM - SSBB where Brawl was slower than Melee. Now we're gonna likely see from SSBB - SSB4 that SSB4 is faster than SSBB.

Framerates and smootehr animations make the speed of the game alter or seemingly alter.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So, I have a $20 eShop card rigth now, what should I spend it on the WIi U eShop?
I'm saving the last $5 for Pokemon Bank.
What do you have?

If you don't have it, don't get Freakyforms. It's a cute little diversion but it's not worth the money. If you do decide to get it, get the upgraded retail version.

If you like to draw, try Colors 3D.

That's all I've got. Everything else I could suggest will probably be suggested shortly anyway...

edit: If you don't have any, buy some Awakening DLC. :)

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
So, I have a $20 eShop card rigth now, what should I spend it on the WIi U eShop?
I'd recommend Dillon's Rolling Western, which is tower defense + action platformer, though it's not everyone's cup of tea. Sakura Samurai is another good one. The combat in it is sort of a widely improved version of LoZ's combat. Though, level design as a concept is non-existent, and it requires some serious reflexes. There's barely any story, as well.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'd recommend Dillon's Rolling Western, which is tower defense + action platformer, though it's not everyone's cup of tea. Sakura Samurai is another good one. The combat in it is sort of a widely improved version of LoZ's combat. Though, level design as a concept is non-existent, and it requires some serious reflexes. There's barely any story, as well.
Already own it.

Chibi Robo: Photo Finder is pretty kewl for $10.

or any VC stuff you don't have. or any dlc you don't have.
Oh ****, I almost forgot about Chibi Robo. O.o
By the way, will the game require the R button?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

imo I'm completely fine if Sal's leak is the actuIt al roster. I only care if my personal wants are in the game (Palutena and Pac-Man), and the roster should not be what drives people to buy the game. To be honest, people should care about gameplay more than Brawl. That's probably why people didn't like Brawl too much. Everyone focused on the characters, and the gameplay ended up slow and the graphics were kinda dull and not colorful. Hence why this one has a focus of gameplay.
Super Smash Bros. was born out of the concept of playing as our favorite Nintendo characters (and as of Brawl, a few very important guest). Being such a massive Nintendo fan myself, this concept immediately drew me in and it is what made my all-time favorite series. I'm not saying other aspects aren't important because they certainly are, but there's no doubt that characters are a big part of a Smash game because that's a major reason why most of us follow the game in the first place; the hope that our wanted characters gets in. For me, to buy a Smash game, at least one newcomer I want to see has to be playable; otherwise it's difficult for me to get hyped up for non-character aspects of the game. So far, Sal Romano's list has not listed a single Nintendo newcomer I want for this game (not to say there aren't any good choices, but not ones I would have supported before their confirmation/leak).

That's why I was glad to see Mega Man get in; because he is my all-time favorite video game character as well as my most wanted character for this game. Not only does it give me sufficient reason to buy the game, it's also why I intend to buy both the 3DS & Wii U version Day 1.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't necessarily have a favorite soda; typically I drink Mountain Dew, but I prefer odd Soda. Like Strawberry Fanta or Blue Raspberry Vanilla (generic).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Here are some of my recommendations:

- Shantae (GBC, $5) & Shantae: Risky's Revenge (DSiWare, $12) - Two absolutely amazing Metroidvannia platformers about a half-genie girl and her friends out to stop the wicked Risky Boots (Risky's Revenge has been considered by many the best game in the entire DSiWare library). The third title (Shantae and the Pirate's Curse for 3DS Download) isn't far from release now (still don't have a solid release date)

- SteamWorld Dig (3DS Download, $9) - Digging deep into the earth Metroid like game play and extremely addicting

- Unepic (Wii U Download, $10) - An amazing side-scrolling dungeon crawler RPG with a hilarious story, great voice acting, and tons of customizations. Can be unforgivably hard on some parts though.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Super Smash Bros. was born out of the concept of playing as our favorite Nintendo characters (and as of Brawl, a few very important guest). Being such a massive Nintendo fan myself, this concept immediately drew me in and it is what made my all-time favorite series. I'm not saying other aspects aren't important because they certainly are, but there's no doubt that characters are a big part of a Smash game because that's a major reason why most of us follow the game in the first place; the hope that our wanted characters gets in. For me, to buy a Smash game, at least one newcomer I want to see has to be playable; otherwise it's difficult for me to get hyped up for non-character aspects of the game. So far, Sal Romano's list has not listed a single Nintendo newcomer I want for this game (not to say there aren't any good choices, but not ones I would have supported before their confirmation/leak).
Consider yourself lucky, Super Smash Bros. did not originally have a Nintendo All-Star cast. Smash Bros. was not born out of the concept of playing as favorite Nintendo characters but that Nintendo characters were adapted for an existing fighting game prototype.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Consider yourself lucky, Super Smash Bros. did not originally have a Nintendo All-Star cast. Smash Bros. was not born out of the concept of playing as favorite Nintendo characters but that Nintendo characters were adapted for an existing fighting game prototype.
Super Smash Bros was not originally called Super Smash Bros either but rather Dragon King: The Fighting Game, Kakuto-Geemu Ryuoh to be exact with the Japanese name.

You left out that detail. :p

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Here are some of my recommendations:

- Shantae (GBC, $5) & Shantae: Risky's Revenge (DSiWare, $12) - Too absolutely amazing Metroidvannia platformers about a half-genie girl and her friends out to stop the wicked Risky Boots (Risky's Revenge has been considered by many the best game in the entire DSiWare library). The third title (Shantae and the Pirate's Curse for 3DS Download) isn't far from release now (still don't have a solid release date)

- SteamWorld Dig (3DS Download, $9) - Digging deep into the earth Metroid like game play and extremely addicting

- Unepic (Wii U Download, $10) - An amazing side-scrolling dungeon crawler RPG with a hilarious story, great voice acting, and tons of customizations. Can be unforgivably hard on some parts though.
Ahh, Shantae.. totally adding that to my list. :O

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I have still yet to finish Shantae. I only beaten the first...temple? I got the monkey transformation I know that.

I love the music, especially when you switch to dance mode. :D

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Mighty Switch Force HD
Better than Shantae although Shantae is pretty good too.

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Dr. Pepper
Damn you straight to hell. I've had an odd craving for Dr. Pepper lately but I stopped drinking soda about 6-7 years ago.

Back when I did drink soda my favorite was cherry coke, the old kind with the purple label that actually tastes different from normal coke. Good times.

Last edited:

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
I had a dream last night that Tyranitar was a newcomer. I don't remember details, but now I want to play as T-tar. Ugh.

Favorite pop is Throwback Pepsi.

Favorite anime song is Lithium Flower from Ghost in the Shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom