• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You're perfect at being a very dominating mod. You have a vine whip and you're not afraid to use it!

...Wait, I think I misunderstood the question. :troll:

(Yes, I know the context.)
I just now imagined an Ivysaur in a dominatrix costume....

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Been playing Mario Kart 8 for the past few days. Local GameStop dummies sold it 2 weeks early hehe.

The game's crazy fun. Best Mario Kart to date for sure. Graphics look unreal and the track design is incredible. Battle mode kinda sucks though.

9/10 GO BUY IT
You cheeky b******.

First experience with anime was Pokemon and shortly after, stuff like Yu-Gi-Oh and Card Captors.

I was in Elementary school and it was that time when Pokemon was new and huge and it seemed like nearly every kid had a binder with cards in their backpacks.

The style of the animation in Pokemon was different and it intrigued me.
What were those big crosses that appeared on angry people's heads? And those big water drops?
And what were those white balls with the black squares on them, and why were they being called donuts?

I looked up stuff about Pokemon on the internet, and I'd often be led to sites talking about "anime".
This is pretty much my story too.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Oh boy...

That's a lot of things to work on...

My strengths?
You're the best Swampasaur I know.

In all seriousness it's hard to answer that, what with Wi-Fi and all. However I do feel your Ivysaur hangs in there, so to speak. Lives a lot longer than most would with that DI. Love your use of Specials, as well.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Oh hey, I ended up in that thing as a replacement, fourth place wasn't that bad for my first tourney of any sort. It was a lot of fun.

Kind of makes me want to look into the competitive scene for Smash 4 whenever it kicks up, I wish I could actually do something like that.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
With the tight schedule of events during my vacation I'm only at my hotel room for a short time, so I guess I'm an owl until Wednesday. It's only day 1, but it's still a great trip so far. I even brought my 3DS with me and broke it out on my copy of Pokemon X, finally going through Victory Road and beating the Elite Four and Champion. Advice for those having trouble with Diantha: make sure you ready up a Lucario with Shadow Claw, this and Lucario's mega evolution can beat Mega Gardevoir in an eye blink.

Morbi

Scavenger
With the tight schedule of events during my vacation I'm only at my hotel room for a short time, so I guess I'm an owl until Wednesday. It's only day 1, but it's still a great trip so far. I even brought my 3DS with me and broke it out on my copy of Pokemon X, finally going through Victory Road and beating the Elite Four and Champion. Advice for those having trouble with Diantha: make sure you ready up a Lucario with Shadow Claw, this and Lucario's mega evolution can beat Mega Gardevoir in an eye blink.
Or an over-leveled Charizard. That is what I did.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am your typical generic Pokemon fan, I just picked Charizard and Greninja.

My sister is more interesting, she picked Blastoise and Chesnaught. She was going to go with Venasaur, but I convinced her to choose Blastoise for some arbitrary pattern.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Nice choices. I went with Chestnaught and Bulbasaur.

...Cause finding a Charmander on Wonder Trade was way too easy. Same with Froakies. XD
I got Fennekin and Charmander.

Then got Chespin, Froakie, Bulbasaur and Squirtle for cheap trades cause a friend of mien had tons and needed to get rid of them. Plus, I has Torchic cause you know why. XD

I like it when things are too easy. ¦3

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The first anime I watched was one on the Christian channel

Interesting story, they changed all the names in the credits to American names to avoid people thinking it was from Japan

Something to do with problems caused by World War 2

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Had to go with Charmander since he was my first starter, so I picked Froakie to have a Water type and then caught Pikachu as my first wild Pokemon.
After getting a free Lucario and relentlessly searching for a Goomy, I ended up with a team of Charizard, Greninja, Pikachu, Lucario, and Goodra, last slot open.

Heh, four of my original team is in Smash, when I look at it that way, Greninja doesn't seem so bad... If only I could have Goodra too.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I picked Froakie and Charmander, but Boxed Charmander indefinitely because I wanted to use the new Pokemon.

Morbi

Scavenger
Had to go with Charmander since he was my first starter, so I picked Froakie to have a Water type and then caught Pikachu as my first wild Pokemon.
After getting a free Lucario and relentlessly searching for a Goomy, I ended up with a team of Charizard, Greninja, Pikachu, Lucario, and Goodra, last slot open.

Heh, four of my original team is in Smash, when I look at it that way, Greninja doesn't seem so bad... If only I could have Goodra too.
It is so funny, I did the EXACT same thing. But after that, I added Mewtwo to my team.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had two copies so I got venusaur and greninja in one and chesnaught and blastoise in the other

The one with venusaur and greninja was my "Main game" but the one with chesnaught and blastoise had an awesome team. Because it had ampharos as well

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Chestnaught and Venasaur.

Grass4ever!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I went with Froakie and Charmander, but I ended up boxing the latter as well since I really wanted to just use the Kalos Pokémon on my first run. I still got the other four later on, and I have five of the starters trained up for some of my team ideas.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I took the water types as my starter each gen. They learn ice attacks and are usually pretty fast, which means they **** both grass and fire types.

Therefore water is best starter.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Hoooooo boy. I don't know where to even start.

Well let's start with game 1.

First off your opponent is really really bad. You're better, but still not all that good. You roll waaaaay to much, a better player could have punished you badly for that.

Definitely work out the habit of rolling.

You also missed many many possible punishes, like when Snake whiffed the Fsmashes or Sspecial.

Now for game 2

Again your missing punishes. When his Nspecial missed you and you were still close to him you could have capitalized on the recoil he had.

Now we have a player better then you, but still not that good. You never punished on the trips, rolls, or anything like that. You didn't tech the D-throws.

It's hard to comment on the videos, because the play level is so so low. x_x

Character specific things however;

As Squirtle you should be use your other aerials more as that are all rather good. Fair is a good move but so is Bair, Uair, Nair, and even Dair are all good aerials, so you should be mxing them up more. Definitely be in the air a lot with Squirtle. Also the lack of utilizing Shellshifting for Shellslinging, Shellstalling, and Hydroing made me sad. Also, you don't need to use Usamsh to kill, or even go for it, though using it as a hard read or punish is still good, as Fair can get the kill a lot more reliably, which is another reason to use his other aerials more so as to not let it get staled out. When Squirtle tires out don;t try to get the kill, just keep racking up damage or change out.

As Ivysaur, Nair and Bair a lot more while Uairing and Dairing less. Don't use Usmash or Fsmash as much. Dtilt more. Space Ftilt correctly. You spam Razor Leaf a bit too much, try to use it smarter. You kept trying to go for sweetspot Uspecial, focus on other things first as this isn't Project M to where you can combo into it >_>.

As for Charizard. Nair isn't that good. Fair and Bair are the main aerials you want to use. Uair is good for juggeling howeve. Jab isn't that good. Dash attack is horrible. Ftilt is decent. Utilt is great for anti-air. Dtilt is good. Fsmash sucks, you have way better kill moves like Bair and Dtilt. Usmash is good though and you used it rather well. Dsmash is good for punishing dodges. Don't whiff Sspecial so much.

that's all I got.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
:/

Didn't know I sucked that much....