• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why is that? XD
I'll explain everything now that I'm done with the usual stair laps.

Based on the many things he had said around Kid Icarus Uprising's release, he just doesn't follow a religion because he believe that not everyone needs to follow doctrines like it's their life. Just to follow up on your morals topic.

Which reminds me...
What are ya'll religions and beliefs?
Christian because of how my family raised me. But I don't however act like the old fashioned one that considers obscure religions "irrelevant" or hate the LGBT community. That would be where my parents and grandparents fall into.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Which reminds me...
Biblical Christian.

Don't confuse that with a denomination though, I don't believe that Christ meant for such division. I'm also not a mainstream-Christian, as most Christian thinking nowadays involves either a lot of 'HATE HATE HATE', or just Fluff, if you know what I mean.

I'll explain everything now that I'm done with the usual stair laps.

Based on the many things he had said around Kid Icarus Uprising's release, he just doesn't follow a religion because he believe that not everyone needs to follow doctrines like it's their life. Just to follow up on your morals topic.

Christian because of how my family raised me. But I don't however act like the old fashioned one that considers obscure religions "irrelevant" or hate the LGBT community. That would be where my parents and grandparents fall into.
I'm the same way, if I get what you're saying. We're not asked to hate others after all.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you're Christian, you wouldn't hate gays.

You'd just think they were sinners

There is nothing in Christianity that says to hate sinners or gays, in fact it says "Love thy neighbor as thyself"

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If you're Christian, you wouldn't hate gays.

You'd just think they were sinners

There is nothing in Christianity that says to hate sinners or gays, in fact it says "Love thy neighbor as thyself"
I agree. Hate the sin, love the sinner.

But here's what some forget to mention: Everyone's a sinner.

I'm an Agnostic.
I was raised a Christian, but my faith has been stagnating with these past few years.
What happened, if I may ask?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not sure anything exist or or even matters if it does

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm not sure anything exist or or even matters if it does
See, this is where I'm stuck as well. I'm what one would call "religiously confused". I just don't know which one is the true one.
You have Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, there's some with no god, and others with many.
And even then, you can be specific. Are you a Catholic? Maybe a Humanist? Possibly Agnostic? Maybe you don't believe in any as well. Or in just a general idea.
It gets confusing. And it only ends up with me lost.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
What do you consider 'wrong' then?

If 'Good' and 'Evil' are just concepts, then a murderer shouldn't be arrested for his crimes. After all, life is meaningless, so government and law is just hindering us.

No true moral code? Then why do the majority of humans agree with a set of laws... let's just use the Ten Commandments or Hammurabi's law as example.
Some people have different philosophies and views. There's something called "nihilism" -- you should look it up. I think there's a couple of nihilists here, not that it's a bad thing. It makes things more interesting. ;)

Yeah, life's meaning varies from person to person. Go out of your comfort zone, and find a philosophy you believe in or even come up with your own.

Which reminds me...
Omg, I thought we're not supposed to discuss religion or politics with people, especially on the internet.

jk, jk, :laugh: give me one sec and I'll write about my beliefs...

I was raised a Catholic, though right now I don't even know what I am. :laugh: I guess my views mix in various beliefs from Catholicism, Buddhism, and some sort of modern cosmology (for lack of better term, I don't really know how to explain it. And I'm not going to try to -- it'll sound really hippy trippy lol). I suppose you could throw in some humanism as well. It's a bunch of various things and I don't really believe in a particular religion/philosophy.

I don't really pay that much attention the meaning of life nor how the world was created per se. I just focus on the here and now. Perhaps this is why I always wanted to become a psychologist/social worker and make a difference in a person's life for the better. And damn, leaning psychology, how the human mind works and whatnot, can be intense and demoralizing at the same time, if I'm making any sense.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm a Secular Humanist. I'm pretty groovy with whatever people believe as long as they don't intentionally harm others and actually work to better the lives of the people around them.
"Secular Humanist?" Huh. So that's what it's called. Neat! I'm one of these, too. 'Cept for the bits of objectiveism here and there, especially when it pertains to the empowerment of the individual and selfishness.

I also subscribe to Occam's/Ockham's Razor, hence my rather...laconic demeanor at times.

Smooth Criminal

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
If labels are necessary, then I'm an irreligious agnostic apatheist. And this, because I lack the firsthand experience, knowledge, information, and insight into anything that could be described as supernatural or spiritual.

Though it should be noted that I also moonlight as a channeler of Azathoth.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Which reminds me...
Agnostic atheist. I believe God's existence is logically impossible to prove, yet I choose to live under the assumption that God doesn't exist.

(By God, I mean any and all divine beings. Not all religions are monotheistic, after all.)

Last edited:

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Religion is a hobby. And I have a better one. I'm sorry, but that's my viewpoint about the matter. And I know it's not the best, but I fail to understand why I should put my faith on something I have no true knowledge of it's existence.
I would start a religion war, like a few have before, and get into pages and pages of gibber gobble.

But the power of HYPE compels me. So I let this slide.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I guess I might call myself a realist on most things.

I don't believe in what some might call "left-wing creationism"
But I'm open minded to the existence/possibility of a god or higher power.

----

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Which reminds me...
No religion and no beliefs.

I don't really give a damn no matter what is true because whether or not some sort of God, Devil or deity of some variety exists is not gonna have any kind of effect on whether or not I get a job, my next paycheck or that new video game I want. ¦D

Morbi

Scavenger
So the LaVeyan path, then? That's kind of neat. Are you at all a strict observer of its tenets?
I am not necessarily devout, I just feel as though their are some fairly interesting concepts attributed to the belief system and I have always had an overt interest in Satan. I mean, realistically, I am just an atheist. I don't even enjoy the term "atheist" as it implies that there is the possibility of something. The notion is repugnant; reminiscent of cognitive decadence. I don't want to assert that I am anti-religion, but I am pretty anti-religion.

That being said, I just generalize. I have met a lot of interesting religious people and I have taken classes pertinent to the subject.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I am not necessarily devout, I just feel as though their are some fairly interesting concepts attributed to the belief system and I have always had an overt interest in Satan. I mean, realistically, I am just an atheist. I don't even enjoy the term "atheist" as it implies that there is the possibility of something. The notion is repugnant; reminiscent of cognitive decadence. I don't want to assert that I am anti-religion, but I am pretty anti-religion.

That being said, I just generalize. I have met a lot of interesting religious people and I have taken classes pertinent to the subject.
To me, it seems that LaVeyan Satanism is less a belief system and more of a philosophy, or a prescribed way of life (much as in some nontheistic schools of Buddhism). But indeed, it has some interesting ideas, from what I've read on the matter.

I too find religion and theology a fascinating subject. One of my "life goals" is to read the sacred texts and scriptures of all the major faith systems (and the minor ones as well, if I can fit them in there).

Maybe someday, I'll actually get started on that project. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom