• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

...Holy sh*t.
That's a pretty cool remix. Is it really legit?

As for the religion topic. I do believe in some form of a higher being, and I would consider myself Christian. But I don't like saying that there's only one answer. I was also raised to think that everyone has a choice. And I still hold on to that notion.

Morbi

Scavenger
To me, it seems that LaVeyan Satanism is less a belief system and more of a philosophy, or a prescribed way of life (much as in some nontheistic schools of Buddhism). But indeed, it has some interesting ideas, from what I've read on the matter.

I too find religion and theology a fascinating subject. One of my "life goals" is to read the sacred texts and scriptures of all the major faith systems (and the minor ones as well, if I can fit them in there).

Maybe someday, I'll actually get started on that project. XD
I agree with that sentiment, I was just using "belief-system" as a synonym.

That is an intriguing goal, it is certainly something that I wouldn't mind pursuing either.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm a Christian, but a little bit of a different one.

Basically, I grew up around the Big Bang/Creation debate, and one day I thought to myself "Well, we don't know how long a 'day' would be for an omnipotent being that created the universe, right? It's probably a lot longer than ours."

At that point, I pretty much fused evolution and Creation. For example, when "all" of the species were created, in my views, means the creation of the species that eventually evolve and become everything on Earth (otherwise, everything would've mostly died with the dinosaurs), which is why Adam and Eve were among the final creations. After all, cosmically speaking, humans as we know them are a very recent development.

So yeah, that's what I personally believe.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I'm a straight vegan atheist who really admires evolution.
Who supports gay rights in every way. And is heavily against racism and sexism.

By the way...
The Netherlands was the first country to allow same sex marriage...which was in april 1st 2001. Go Holland!

My love for The Netherlands is bigger than my love for my native country.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Mr. Morbid likes alot of stuff. Like our comments.
I like Morbid. He's a likeable guy. Unlike the like likes from Zelda. Which is a game not like CoD. CoD is a game like Halo. Alot of people like Halo. I don't like it really.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I'm a Christian, but a little bit of a different one.

Basically, I grew up around the Big Bang/Creation debate, and one day I thought to myself "Well, we don't know how long a 'day' would be for an omnipotent being that created the universe, right? It's probably a lot longer than ours."

At that point, I pretty much fused evolution and Creation. For example, when "all" of the species were created, in my views, means the creation of the species that eventually evolve and become everything on Earth (otherwise, everything would've mostly died with the dinosaurs), which is why Adam and Eve were among the final creations. After all, cosmically speaking, humans as we know them are a very recent development.

So yeah, that's what I personally believe.
If I may, I would like to inquire further as to this syncretistic worldview.

-What has led you to consider that God perceives time as a matter of days and nights? For us, the day-night differentiation exists because we find ourselves on a rotating celestial body that orbits a star (i.e. the Earth around the Sun). If God transcends our space and time, how would such an entity experience time, if at all?

-By "creating" all of the species, do you mean that God set into motion the chains of causality that gave rise to increasingly complex and diversified organisms (i.e. organic life)? Does this mean you subscribe to the view of Intelligent Design (i.e. God catalyzed and/or guides the process of evolution)?

-Is it your view that Adam and Eve were the first iteration of the modern human species (i.e. homo sapiens)? Do all humans that currently live, and have ever lived, trace direct descent from Adam and Eve?

This is not to start any debates, to be clear. I am merely intrigued by the particulars of your position. If you wish, you can abstain from answering, or continue this tangent via PM (or post your response in this Social thread, evidently).

That goes for anyone else, incidentally. This topic is always one I'm game to discuss. My inbox is always open. 8D

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
If I may, I would like to inquire further as to this syncretistic worldview.

-What has led you to consider that God perceives time as a matter of days and nights? For us, the day-night differentiation exists because we find ourselves on a rotating celestial body that orbits a star (i.e. the Earth around the Sun). If God transcends our space and time, how would such an entity experience time, if at all?

-By "creating" all of the species, do you mean that God set into motion the chains of causality that gave rise to increasingly complex and diversified organisms (i.e. organic life)? Does this mean you subscribe to the view of Intelligent Design (i.e. God catalyzed and/or guides the process of evolution)?

-Is it your view that Adam and Eve were the first iteration of the modern human species (i.e. homo sapiens)? Do all humans that currently live, and have ever lived, trace direct descent from Adam and Eve?

This is not to start any debates, to be clear. I am merely intrigued by the particulars of your position. If you wish, you can abstain from answering, or continue this tangent via PM (or post your response in this Social thread, evidently).

That goes for anyone else, incidentally. This topic is always one I'm game to discuss. My inbox is always open. 8D
You are funny and smart!? Dude... are you like some kind of super human?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Totally a Pokemon. (sorry for being off-topic)
Looks like something a fakemon designer would make. Just make a stylized green slug and stick a leaf on its back.

Or rather, Pokemon totally resemble these things instead of the other way around.

I love Nudibranches and similar creatures. They're just so cute and awesome and colorful and fgfhfjds.

-----

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Totally a Pokemon. (sorry for being off-topic)
Looks like something a fakemon designer would make. Just make a stylized green slug and stick a leaf on its back.

Or rather, Pokemon totally resemble these things instead of the other way around.

-----
It's not a Pokemon.

tumblr_mdwc3pcqTY1qbsu0po1_500.jpg

It has Shrek ears, ergo, it's a pre-evolved Shrek.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Quick! Does anyone have a Smashboards origin story?
In a nutshell:
Sakurai makes pictures.
I like pictures.
I look at pictures.
I miss pictures.
iDOWN archived the pictures.
I catch up on pictures.
I watch pictures (again).
Oh, and there was something with Diddy Kong and Impa I guess but after all that I signed up.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

Note: Mine involves Ghirahim.
As a child, both of my parents were killed as we left the theater.

And so I joined Smashboards four months ago, years after the fact.

In my estimation, I'm the user this site deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I got started on Smashboards after the December 18th Direct revealed Rosalina.

I was super-hopeful for Ghirahim and was looking for as many opinions and facts in his favour as I could.

Naturally, this brought me to many forums, including (but not limited to) this one, Smashboards.

I don't remember what thread I watched a while before joining, it may have been the late Roster Prediction Discussion Thread, but I remember reading it and thinking how funny these guys were.

Users like GoldenYuiitusin, BluePikmin11, MorbidAltruism, SaturnGamer64, and Louie G. were the first users I remember seeing on here, and I thought they (and several others) seemed really cool and funny, so I thought it would be no harm to sign up myself and take part in the conversations.

So I did. And I had fun.

I remember my first avatar was a picture of Ghirahim (surprise surprise) and the next one after that was a My Little Pony. Still can't really decide on one.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I wanted to join Smashboards for a while. Since around May 2012.

I saw a pic of K.Rool, Grovyle, and...something else duking in out on dA. Called "reptiles for Smash" and it was made by legendofrob.

It had a link to the PMD2 Grovyle support page on here, so I finally joined to give my two cents and support.

Edit: third one was Bowser Jr. Here's the link:
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Reptiles-For-Smash-371487244

-----

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I joined Smashboards when I started to get into the Smash 4 hype... But only after I saw the Professor Layton and Skull Kid support threads. ;)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My reason to be here is merely that I wanted to speculate about SSB4. I also was playing KIU and that game was very similar to Smash. Many of you weren't here when I created my account and activity on these boards was much lower than nowadays.

I got mod status on February of this year, so it's been three months since I have this red banner below my username.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Quick! Does anyone have a Smashboards origin story
There weren't enough trolls.

Actually, I think I joined just to get in on the smash action. But somewhere along the line my life ****ed up and I was inable to really be on here for said reason.

My life is still a mess. ._. And that's my pitiful story.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My reason to be here is merely that I wanted to speculate about SSB4. Many of you weren't here when I created my account and activity on these boards was much lower than nowadays.

I got mod status on February of this year, so it's been three months since I have this red banner below my username.
I'm gonna be a mod one day, just you guys wait and see. ;)
Very soon.

edit: Do you guys have any specific criteria that isn't a company secret?

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I was a 14 year old tryhard that wanted to be good at Brawl and now I'm stuck here.

I'm gonna be a mod one day, just you guys wait and see. ;)
Very soon.

edit: Do you guys have any specific criteria that isn't a company secret?
never ask

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom