• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If I may, I would like to inquire further as to this syncretistic worldview.

-What has led you to consider that God perceives time as a matter of days and nights? For us, the day-night differentiation exists because we find ourselves on a rotating celestial body that orbits a star (i.e. the Earth around the Sun). If God transcends our space and time, how would such an entity experience time, if at all?
I believe time in this case depends on certain factors. For us, a day is a day because it takes us 24 hours to revolve around the sun. However, for an omnipotent being such as God, time could really be any length. A day to Him could be thousands or even millions of years, but I do believe he has a concept of time.
-By "creating" all of the species, do you mean that God set into motion the chains of causality that gave rise to increasingly complex and diversified organisms (i.e. organic life)? Does this mean you subscribe to the view of Intelligent Design (i.e. God catalyzed and/or guides the process of evolution)?
Precisely. He set the building blocks in place and guides evolution, which causes new species to pop up as time goes on. There's no real denying evolution, either, as it occurs in the natural world (such as the species that was split apart because of the Grand Canyon that eventually evolved into two different species). And to go along with my earlier point, this is why evolution can take a very long time.
-Is it your view that Adam and Eve were the first iteration of the modern human species (i.e. homo sapiens)? Do all humans that currently live, and have ever lived, trace direct descent from Adam and Eve?
I feel Adam and Eve are the first iteration of modern humans as we know them, yes. I feel there were others that were like them that eventually did the same thing, as well, but gradually due to evolution. This, to me, is why people are rarely ever the same; they may have come from Adam and Eve, but they also could've come from the others that eventually evolved in the same way.

So to answer your descent question... Technically, but at the same time, no, not really. Adam and Eve were the first modern humans, but they by no means were the ONLY ones people could derive ancestry from.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Warning Received
Wanted to post this a a long time ago on SmashBoards. But I didn't know if it was inappropriate...

Last edited by a moderator:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
That was a very brave way to find out :mistyface:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Whoah. o_o

I never noticed.
You never noticed I was a mod? Or you didn't notice I became a mod on February?

Or... are you being sarcastic?

I'm gonna be a mod one day, just you guys wait and see. ;)
Very soon.

edit: Do you guys have any specific criteria that isn't a company secret?
[collapse="Check this out"]
[/collapse]

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Which reminds me...
What are ya'll religions and beliefs?

No seriously. I have no ****ing clue.

Though everyone else in my family are Christians, but that doesn't mean I necessarily share those views.

Quick! Does anyone have a Smashboards origin story?
Unlike most newer users that frequent this thread. I didn't join because of Smash 4 speculation or anything like that. I joined because I wanted to find people to play Smash with, I actually originally created a thread asking about where I can meet people to play Smash and I was pointed to this site. It started off good, a person in my region was hosting Smashfests and tourneys frequently. However it eventually stopped, it was after the great DDOS attack, and the other person that hosts Smashfest frequently hosts them at times that aren't good for me, like around 7PM. However whenever an opportune time comes up for me to go to I try my best to go and play Smash with people. I, however, did start visiting other parts of the site rather fast however. That's all there is to it. :L

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Personally, I went with Agnosticism in a general sense.
I believe there's a higher being, but that's it. I stay in the center and look at deities in a general sense. I don't go to one religion nor another.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
This question is out of complete randomness, but what would your reaction be if Disney buys out Nintendo? (Not saying it can happen, but I'm just asking)
If Square cooperated, then we could possibly see Kingdom Hearts content in Smash, which I would totally love.

As for everything else, I dunno...

-----

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Personally, I went with Agnosticism in a general sense.
I believe there's a higher being, but that's it. I stay in the center and look at deities in a general sense. I don't go to one religion nor another.
Pretty much how i feel. And i'm still Catholic somehow. :laugh:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This question is out of complete randomness, but what would your reaction be if Disney buys out Nintendo? (Not saying it can happen, but I'm just asking)
Sadly I couldn't see Disney handling Nintendo any worse than they're handling themselves right now.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
If Disney bought the big N, I'd go to Disneyland dressed up as Mario and headbutt the guy in the Mickey Mouse costume.

Also, I worship Wu-Tang Clan.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Pretty much how i feel. And i'm still Catholic somehow. :laugh:
I'm gonna be honest. You're not alone.
I mean really, saying that most if not all stick to their faith without questioning it is lying. Many have doubts about the existence of a God or Gods.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Cool story interjection time: I just got back from a tooth extraction and the right side of my head is so numb that I think I could go for a snu snu with it without feeling any adverse effects.

I've been given 16 of the narcotic Norco to deal with the impending pain. As a straight-edger with unknown tolerance to drugs, this out to be interesting.

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Cool story interjection time: I just got back from a tooth extraction and the right side of my head is so numb that I think I could go for a snu snu with it without feeling any adverse effects.

I've been given 16 of the narcotic Norco to deal with the impending pain. As a straight-edger with unknown tolerance to drugs, this out to be interesting.
I think it's already getting to ya, bro.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Which reminds me...
I'm an atheist myself, I believe there is no god, nor higher "mystic" power.
My opinion 's that the reason why we live in this nearly infinite universe is just because of the laws of chemistry, Fysics... and a certain amount of luck... I believe that we are a creation of mutations, not because of a designchoice by a theic being. I also believe that after death there is nothing, although I would prefer otherwise ofcourse, that there is no hell nor heaven, but some places on our earth are not far off ;)
Our role in the vastness seems pretty insignificant to me, it's here on earth itself we can be significant for others etc.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer

It probably won't be bad. I'm similar to you in terms of situation and all the nitrous and pain medicine did after wisdom teeth was make me sleepy. Nitrous especially, it was just really relaxing.

Change of subject, everyone give a shout out to a user you think is rad!

@everybody you guys rock!
I'll also opt for the blanket shoutout. this part of the boards is the only active part of the boards that I care about atm and while I feel like I lurk more than interact with pre-ssb4 community you guys are cool and I hope some of you stick around after release.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
In all seriousness, MorbidAltruism, Andimidna, and..Louie G...BluePikmin...UltimateWario...GoldenYuiitusin...Scoliosis Jones...Sehnsucht...Groose...gah, too many names! I legitimately love everybody!

If you're reading and not on this list, I likely know who you are, and you're awesome too!

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Hey, has there been any threads talking about the possibility of going FD only with the whole news of For Glory Mode? I can't seem to make the search work for me to save my life...

While I'm at it, thoughts on going FD only ruleset because of Glory Mode?

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I'll also opt for the blanket shoutout. this part of the boards is the only active part of the boards that I care about atm and while I feel like I lurk more than interact with pre-ssb4 community you guys are cool and I hope some of you stick around after release.
Naturally I'll stick around after release. I'm writing the beginner's guide after all. At the very least I'm in the clutches of the Sunken Cost Fallacy.

plz don't stay gone senpai Ndayday

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Hmmmmm, apparently MMIII is on the VC as well. Perhaps the good GB MM games will come sooner than I thought?
Which reminds me...
Agnostic/"soft" atheist.

Just so people know, the term "atheist" just means someone who does not believe in a god. Not necessarily someone who believes there is no god.

(and there is a difference)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hey, has there been any threads talking about the possibility of going FD only with the whole news of For Glory Mode? I can't seem to make the search work for me to save my life...
http://smashboards.com/threads/official-for-glory-online-features-discussion-/・ω・-/.352055/

While I'm at it, thoughts on going FD only ruleset because of Glory Mode?
Eh.
I believe there would be some dominance with certain characters. But that's about it.
And honestly, it's better than nothing at all, as at least it exists. It's a good start IMO.

I'll try my best.
Granted I'm not sure how far I'll get. But this is the first time I've been an a community. So I don't know where the cards will fall.
I'm just cruisin' along ATM. Not saying that's a bad thing.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I probably won't stay if Ghirahim isn't in the game. So 50/50.

Even if he is, I may just give a shout out to my homies saying "I told you so" to haters and leave on a flaming hype train.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Eh.
I believe there would be some dominance with certain characters. But that's about it.
And honestly, it's better than nothing at all, as at least it exists. It's a good start IMO..
While that was helpful, I meant more along the lines of using FD only in a competitive ruleset since this is now "what Sakurai says is the competitive standard" or something like that. I'm surprised to not find it on top of the forums. the "no items, fox only, Filan Destination" joke aside a lot of people would want it and there is some stuff to back that opinion now.

I admit it is rather cool to see Sakurai at least doing something, and not even that bad of a something at that.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
While that was helpful, I meant more along the lines of using FD only in a competitive ruleset since this is now "what Sakurai says is the competitive standard" or something like that. I'm surprised to not find it on top of the forums. the "no items, fox only, Filan Destination" joke aside a lot of people would want it and there is some stuff to back that opinion now.

I admit it is rather cool to see Sakurai at least doing something, and not even that bad of a something at that.
I assume that if the FD versions can be played in multiplayer (which seems likely, given that some Final Smashes were shown on FDs), I assume those will be played for banned stages. There will also probably be other legal stages like Battlefield thrown in the mix as well

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Oh, that...
Well I'm gonna admit. Most likely we're not using that mindset in terms of stages.
Sure, Nintendo thinks that. But most of us don't. Because over time we've found out that other stages (like Battlefield for example) are just as good in the metagame as good ol' FD.
Heck, many say that Final Destination isn't the most balanced stage there is (said stage highly favors projectile oriented characters like Falco).

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I really agree that FD only would have its issues and that people want some variety for sure, I'm just wondering a little bit if by stopping the corrupted bureaucracy of picking legal stages and just sticking to the one if the meta would develop faster and less arguments would ensue.

I just shudder over and over again when I look back at what we did with stages... Blegh... There's too much personal bias and such things to trust that a good list will develop on its own and I wonder if maybe just having a forced agreement from the get go would be easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom