• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Ismar absorbs posts better than the ones she makes Wave, be flattered

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ismar absorbs posts better than the ones she makes Wave, be flattered
No. ¦(

2/10

No second android post for her. She can remain in the hideous 2nd stage before perfection.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I am not sure this amounts to anything but I went to a large gaming store near by apartment to try and shake down the clerks for any information. I asked the clerk if he has any idea when the 3DS version would be released to which he searched on the database. He told me "summer of this year". I then asked him for an exact date which he replied there hasn't been any news of that. We all know that to be true.

I then asked him if he has any idea when reservations would be available as I was interested in purchasing one. However, he said that reservations are typically "a month in advance" and gave me the example that the reservation for Mario Kart 8 started late last month. He did tell me he heard from his boss that the reservations may be available sometime in June and July thus potentially putting the release date in July or August though he told me that is not 100% confirmed and his boss could be wrong.

While the July or August release date is highly probable, I just felt compelled to share this with everyone. I will be checking other stores for more information. Seeing as how we will most likely get a release date come E3, it is just a matter of weeks.

This particular store had a huge section for Pokemon X and Y with toys, manga, figurines, information pamphlets, etc as well as constant game play footage. Mario Kart 8 currently has this too. I imagine SSB4 will also get the same treatment.

Here is some information on the store:
Tsutaya

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
So I am not sure this amounts to anything but I went to a large gaming store near by apartment to try and shake down the clerks for any information. I asked the clerk if he has any idea when the 3DS version would be released to which he searched on the database. He told me "summer of this year". I then asked him for an exact date which he replied there hasn't been any news of that. We all know that to be true.

I then asked him if he has any idea when reservations would be available as I was interested in purchasing one. However, he said that reservations are typically "a month in advance" and gave me the example that the reservation for Mario Kart 8 started late last month. He did tell me he heard from his boss that the reservations may be available sometime in June and July thus potentially putting the release date in July or August though he told me that is not 100% confirmed and his boss could be wrong.

While the July or August release date is highly probable, I just felt compelled to share this with everyone. I will be checking other stores for more information. Seeing as how we will most likely get a release date come E3, it is just a matter of weeks.

This particular store had a huge section for Pokemon X and Y with toys, manga, figurines, information pamphlets, etc as well as constant game play footage. Mario Kart 8 currently has this too. I imagine SSB4 will also get the same treatment.

Tsutaya
i want those toys of which pokemon did you see and i have a feeling it's gonna be august

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
i want those toys of which pokemon did you see and i have a feeling it's gonna be august
It was back in October during its release so I don't really remember too well but like Pikachu, Mega Lucario, Xerneas, the Y mascot (i hate trying to spell it), the fire lion cub Pokemon, and Flabebe. They are easy to come by and cheap. They did have a Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Lucario and Mega Blaziken figure that was quite large and extremely detailed but they weren't for sale. Now they have a large Mario riding a Yoshi figurine.

They also have an Infamous: Second Sons display up as well.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It was back in October during its release so I don't really remember too well but like Pikachu, Mega Lucario, Xerneas, the Y mascot (i hate trying to spell it), the fire lion cub Pokemon, and Flabebe. They are easy to come by and cheap. They did have a Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Lucario and Mega Blaziken figure that was quite large and extremely detailed but they weren't for sale. Now they have a large Mario riding a Yoshi figurine.
That sounds cool. Like, really cool. Unfairly cool, even.
...cause it's frickin' Japan...

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

They also have an Infamous: Second Sons display up as well.
that's pretty cool kinda sadden there is no Mewtwo Y figurine

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
There is another store called Manga Souko that is literally a 15 walk from my apartment.

They sell everything from used or new video games, movies, cards, figurines, toys, jewelry, clothes, fishing gear, bug catching gear, musical instruments, books, manga, candy, beverages, and even an arcade. Plus it is open 24/7 (though the gangs and bad kids are usually there at night). Next time I go, I will snap some pictures there.

Oh and for funsies,

One of Japan's largest firework festivals that is held in my city every October.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
There is another store called Manga Souko that is literally a 15 walk from my apartment.

They sell everything from used or new video games, movies, cards, figurines, toys, jewelry, clothes, fishing gear, bug catching gear, musical instruments, books, manga, candy, beverages, and even an arcade. Plus it is open 24/7 (though the gangs and bad kids are usually there at night). Next time I go, I will snap some pictures there.

Oh and for funsies,

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I went and revived a bunch of threads last night so people would talk about stuff and not create threads that get locked. :awesome:

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So with all the news about Charizard today, I've added him to my go-to character list, now said list has three characters, the other two being Sonic and Zero Suit Samus.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Tsutaya
I miss Japan. :(

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I went and revived a bunch of threads last night so people would talk about stuff and not create threads that get locked. :awesome:
As long as they aren't 3 years old, it's all good!

I'm liking this new Charizard!

And not SSB related but here is a picture of my tropical fish tank. Maybe that has a chance appearing in Smash?

Actually, Endless Ocean would be an amazing stage in HD.

Attachments

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I miss Japan. :(
I do too. I especially like Kyoto. I promised my girlfriend that if she was able to pay off her student loans in two years or less (I came from a rich family so I grew up to literally be afraid of debt) I would take her out of the country. Right now, she wants either England or Japan. I think England would be easier for her given how 1. she has social anxiety and I don't know how well she would handle the culture shock and 2. I've been to England twice and even lived there for a couple of months so I know it a lot better. I would love to go back though given its been eight years and I'm an entirely different person now than I was back then.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Okay, I think I'm back for a while. Sorry for the blah and depressive crap before, blame my doctor for prescribing me crap with side effects -.-

I want to know what I have missed while I was gone, any new characters, cool leaks, new stages, give me a big rundown of the recent info!

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Okay, I think I'm back for a while. Sorry for the blah and depressive crap before, blame my doctor for prescribing me crap with side effects -.-

I want to know what I have missed while I was gone, any new characters, cool leaks, new stages, give me a big rundown of the recent info!

Also, welcome back.

Try and stick around this time.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Welcome back Capps, I hope things went well with the baby.

I think Capcom probably gave up on Mega Man because certain meta-series did have a noticeable decline in quality. Just compare the first 6 Mega Man X titles to 7 and 8. Another great example would be how ZX was compared to Zero. People always labeled Capcom as the bad guy when it comes to Mega Man, yet there was a good reason why they abandoned the series form the start.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I do too. I especially like Kyoto. I promised my girlfriend that if she was able to pay off her student loans in two years or less (I came from a rich family so I grew up to literally be afraid of debt) I would take her out of the country. Right now, she wants either England or Japan. I think England would be easier for her given how 1. she has social anxiety and I don't know how well she would handle the culture shock and 2. I've been to England twice and even lived there for a couple of months so I know it a lot better. I would love to go back though given its been eight years and I'm an entirely different person now than I was back then.
After I get out of college, I plan on traveling abroad. Japan and Europe are high on my list...

Even though I only lived in Japan for 3 years, It was during my transition from child to teenager. I feel that a lot of the Japanese culture influenced me to the passionate person I am today.

There is no such thing as good or evil, but thinking makes it so. 'Good' and 'evil' are relative and nothing is black and white. Morals are also meaningless for the same reason because they are relative to each person and there is no true moral code.

'Good' and 'bad' are really just comparisons to our expectations and is relative. This relative perception is the side-effect of consciousness and intelligence.

Laws are made by intelligence and the fact we've evolved beyond the need to be like wild jungle animals, not the concept of good and evil.

Life is ultimately meaningless and human endeavor is pointless, 'good' and 'evil' are non-existant when you understand the vast infinity that is the universe. We are nothing and mean nothing. The universe will still keep going long after our bones are dust as if we never existed.
What do you consider 'wrong' then?

If 'Good' and 'Evil' are just concepts, then a murderer shouldn't be arrested for his crimes. After all, life is meaningless, so government and law is just hindering us.

No true moral code? Then why do the majority of humans agree with a set of laws... let's just use the Ten Commandments or Hammurabi's law as example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom