• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, I'd say trends are like tides. They come and go.

(Vague answer is vague I know, but it just came to my head and had to post.)
It's not like I'm angry, or hating on the ukelele, I'm just confused.
One day it's nothing, then the next day it's the biggest thing alive. And to be fair, trends just don't "appear", they have to start somewhere.
The only thing I can think of is that Train song a while back. Other than that I wouldn't know.

Though, if "trends" can use anything, I dare someone to use this as an actual instrument:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Isn't there like a bedtime story of sorts that is about a boy that plays the ukulele? Or was it a different instrument?

If it is the former, maybe that story got really popular all of a sudden? lol

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Does anyone else it weird that Sakurai still hasn't stated in a PotD that Charizard is now solo, and what's happening with Pokemon Trainer. Seems like that's something he should clear up, even if it seems like an obvious answer.
Well he stated in the Direct that there are no Transforming characters this time around. With that statement I had come to the conclusion that Charizard/Mega Charizard X is solo, since there are no more transforming characters, Zelda and Sheik are now separate same with Zero Suit and Samus/Samus's Armor. I'm almost certain Squirtle and Ivysaur aren't coming back since they weren't mentioned (at least not yet.). If they DO come back, they will be separate characters and maybe just maybe evolved into Blastoise/Mega Blastoise or Venusaur/Mega Venusaur but I REALLY wouldn't count on that.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Eh. I went down the route of making every post appear with the default color. I got tired of reading hard to read posts because of text color. As a result I also went back to default color as well. :/

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Eh. I went down the route of making every post appear with the default color. I got tired of reading hard to read posts because of text color. As a result I also went back to default color as well. :/
It's unreadable on my phone, especially Ramsi's posts. He quoted me a few days ago and I had to ignore it because my phone didn't handle the contrast (or lack of) well.

Colored text is a great device if you use it as a highlight, like in the OP of a tournament listing. You shouldn't use a shade of text that doesn't contrast with the default background for everyday writing.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't have a phone that has internet

So I view stuff on the internet on my, superior to view stuff on, Home Computer

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looking at the tracks of Mario Kart 8, I noticed that Wario Stadium (my most favorite MK64 track) is now the ONLY race track from Mario Kart 64 to not been a Retro track since they started doing Retro Grand Prix.

You mean I have to wait until Mario Kart 9 to finally get my most fave Mario Kart 64 track???? :glare: WHY?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Looking at the tracks of Mario Kart 8, I noticed that Wario Stadium (my most favorite MK64 track) is now the ONLY race track from Mario Kart 64 to not been a Retro track since they started doing Retro Grand Prix.

You mean I have to wait until Mario Kart 9 to finally get my most fave Mario Kart 64 track???? :glare: WHY?
So they can drink Wario's tears. :troll:

But seriously, I love the stage too. :awesome:

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

I truly dislike how there are TWO Wario Stadium's to keep track of. The 64 one and the DS one that was revived in 8. I wish they could have given the DS Wario Stadium a different name.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I didn't particularly like Wario Stadium 64, so I don't care. Still, it should have been revived by now.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000

Because wario stadium is too big, just like Ridley:troll:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, Wario Stadium?
I liked the DS version, just kinda wished there were a few more obstacles...

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Have the Lightning Cup tracks been revealed yet?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I didn't particularly like Wario Stadium 64, so I don't care. Still, it should have been revived by now.
What we need is Waluigi Pinball.

Also, check out my new loot!

I'm a big Alice's Adventures in Wonderland fan. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm not seeing Pac-Man in the video, guessing this guy was trying to find amusement in sending us on a wild goose chase.

Snow, obviously.
No I am not, it's on the right side of the window. I didn't find it myself either, my friend pointed it out when I was showing him it. And my computer can do screen caps from what I know of so I can't upload one. It's best visible right after he says yeah absolutely. Anyway I miss anything interesting?

Edit: caught up on the pages. That ridley roster is hilarious, he takes up like 10 slots. Anyway that yellow circle does have the gap in the mouth area, I don't think it's a clock as the light is reflecting everywhere else but there. Anyway like I said was just pointing that out.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I remember when I first saw the Disney cartoon when I was little. It scared the **** out of me.

Johnny Depp is best Mad Hatter though.
I couldn't pick a better one. :)

Yeah, it is rather... eccentric. :)

Unfortunately, it was made more lighthearted than originally planned. As for the Time Burton one, the tone was right, but it was too action-centric. But I can't say I don't like the Jabberwock's design.

The head gives off a very alien and venomous, and the pronounced hands gives almost an Insect vibe, and the torn wings and weathered hair is all VERY nice. The mouth and head is also a nice callback to the original illustration too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Jabberwocky.jpg

Another GREAT touch; the Mad Hatter's red hair. :laugh:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
1. American McGee's take on Wonderland is my favorite.

2. Would anyone else like the option to upload replays to Youtube in Smash Bros? :awesome:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Apparently THIS is an enderman

My Lord... THIS HAS GONE TOO FAR! :p

But as far as Endermen go, I like these.

1. American McGee's take on Wonderland is my favorite.

2. Would anyone else like the option to upload replays to Youtube in Smash Bros? :awesome:
1. McGee's had grim morbidity down, but skipped all the charm in my book.

2. YES! I'd make; "MaskO's Greates Moments...". :p

Fun fun...

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
What we need is Waluigi Pinball.

Also, check out my new loot!

I'm a big Alice's Adventures in Wonderland fan. :p
I have a Cheshire Cat mug too! But it's the Disney cartoon version, and it's like 3 times bigger than a normal mug.

But it's my favourite:upsidedown::upsidedown::rotfl:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I preferred Waluigi's Stadium in Double Dash over Wario's Stadium 64. While I was really hoping for Wario's Colosseum from Double Dash to return the DS rendition is the next best thing.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I have one like this but it's Jack Skellington. It's perfect for coffee binges at the end of the semester when I have double digit papers to write.
It was my savior last year when I was writing my 25,000 word thesis. I owe my degree to that mug.

I'm loving that there are more people who are particular with their mugs. A good mug is like a fine wine.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm gonna be honest here.
All that I see is that we can replace buttons. Not sure how it'll be that vital to Sm4sh.

Edit: Forget what I said.
And, while I'll probably still use the default, I can see this going somewhere.
Oh okay, I was going to say: Since selected regions will be broken up into swap-able parts.
I would imagine unique parts with different button layouts and arrangements being available.
One thing that comes immediately to mind is a Gamecube button layout swap part.

It really is interesting...in theory. It all comes down to execution though.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It was my savior last year when I was writing my 25,000 word thesis. I owe my degree to that mug.

I'm loving that there are more people who are particular with their mugs. A good mug is like a fine wine.
I'll take it a step further; Would It really taste the same if you didn't use your favorite mug?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh okay, I was going to say: Since selected regions will be broken up into swap-able parts.
I would imagine unique parts with different button layouts and arrangements being available.

It really is interesting...in theory. It all comes down to execution though.
Well, this could help in getting a more Smash suitable controller.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well, this could help in getting a more Smash suitable controller.
Not only that. Just imagine you being able to buy 2 analog stick parts, popping them in on either side and boom. You have a dual analog set up.
You're a lefty? Prefer the D-pad elsewhere? Just pop out the part:

and pop it into any of the 4 slots:

Your essentially able to configure your 3DS on the fly to suit genres like fighting games (get a C-stick for SSB4) , shooting games, puzzle games; all by simply popping in required inputs for the game.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not only that. Just imagine you being able to buy 2 analog stick parts, popping them in on either side and boom. You have a dual analog set up.

Your essentially able to configure your 3DS on the fly to suit genres like fighting games (get a C-stick for SSB4) , shooting games, puzzle games; all by simply popping in required inputs for the game.
So, if this becomes an actual thing.
This means that Smash 3DS having weird or unplayable controls won't be an issue. As it can be avoided.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

I really hope they make a redesigned 3DS with this function in tact. It would be incredible to arrange your buttons or control pads/sticks however you'd want. We could finally have a dual-stick shooter on the 3DS and it would work perfectly with two control pads.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I really hope they make a redesigned 3DS with this function in tact. It would be incredible to arrange your buttons or control pads/sticks however you'd want. We could finally have a dual-stick shooter on the 3DS and it would work perfectly with two control pads.
They just filed the patent for this, so it is a possibility in the near future.
No need to get the C-pad pro dongle thing. As said before it really boils to how it is handled at this point.
So, if this becomes an actual thing.
This means that Smash 3DS having weird or unplayable controls won't be an issue. As it can be avoided
Essentially. :bee:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom