• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
I'm pissed guys. My 3DS has been acting wonky since Easter :[ Everytime I am on a main menu screen it keeps going up and down so I can't play anything ._. Gonna buy a new one I guess :(

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Holy ****.

It's not even the swappable buttons that got my attention.

It's the swappable D-pad on the left side, with the buttons, that can be swapped with a control pad that caught my attention. I don't even care if released in time for Smash, highly doubtful, just that the patent goes somewhere and doesn't get stuck on the shelf. That would be an awesome thing for them to do on their next handheld system.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Holy ****.

It's not even the swappable buttons that got my attention.

It's the swappable D-pad on the left side, with the buttons, that can be swapped with a control pad that caught my attention. I don't even care if released in time for Smash, highly doubtful, just that the patent goes somewhere and doesn't get stuck on the shelf. That would be an awesome thing for them to do on their next handheld system.
Now that I think of it, it might as well be a 3DS successor feature. They've made enough iterations of the device as it is now.
But the possibility of different kinds of A,B, X & Y button layouts, D-pad and control stick designs really got be interested.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Now that I think of it, it might as well be a 3DS successor feature. They've made enough iterations of the device as it is now.
But the possibility of different kinds of A,B, X & Y button layouts, D-pad and control stick designs really got be interested.
I wonder what it would be called if it becomes a totally brand new handheld system. Will they stick with DS, go back to Gameboy, or use a completely new name. I would prefer the last one in all honesty. The only potiental problem would be, would it still allow 3DS and DS games to be played? That would be a very big question.

Whichever way. It has the potential to be an awesome gimmick that beats out the touch screen controls by a land slide, if handled properly.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Am I really the only one who thinks this needs to be revived first?

That is my fave track in Double Dash. Honestly Double Dash had good tracks in general.

Except for Rainbow Road. I ****ing hated that track in Double Dash.

But really. It would be cool if Nintendo released a Double Dash 2, that's the only way I'll probably get interested in Mario Kart again.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I wonder what it would be called if it becomes a totally brand new handheld system. Will they stick with DS, go back to Gameboy, or use a completely new name. I would prefer the last one in all honesty. The only potiental problem would be, would it still allow 3DS and DS games to be played? That would be a very big question.

Whichever way. It has the potential to be an awesome gimmick that beats out the touch screen controls by a land slide, if handled properly
Judging from the patent layout it seems like it would be another Dual-screen design that would suggest it would be DS something.
Nintendo seems to have a trend of making the previous gen games for handheld and console respectively backwards compatible as of late.
So I would say 3DS

will be playable on the device and Nintendo will offer DS games via Virtual console; But ultimate time will tell.

And agreed.

Am I really the only one who thinks this needs to be revived first?

No Kalamari Desert, Yoshi's Valley and Wario Colosseum were my 3 top tracks I wanted to see in this game.
Seeing this video made me want it even more. It's begging to be reworked with anti-gravity sections

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Did you download the mandatory free map pack/title update? IIRC you can't play online without it. Comes with the maps Clocktower and Bullet Marsh as well as "access" (meaning you can play on these online in random map rotation but can't select them for use in private matches unless you get other DLC) to Azura, Rustlung and Blood Drive.

I happen to have frequented the Gears community/Epic Games Forums before returning to here. Was this close to going pro in the competitive scene. Unfortunately some see/saw my bloodlust as unladylike.
ME TOO. That was my first Zelda game.
Mines was Wind waker but i still love playing majora

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still think we may see Sonic in Mario kart happen someday, we've had R.O.B. as a guest star before, so why not Sonic?
But only him. And due to their crossover, it's honestly realistic enough. Plus, he loves to race and has been in a Kart before.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'll take it a step further; Would It really taste the same if you didn't use your favorite mug?
I know it's ridiculous but probably not. I'd be way more inclined to make a drink in a mug if it's a really good mug. If there are no good mugs left, sometimes I'll just not make a coffee. Weird.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Interesting little fact about me and the Zelda games.

Most Zelda games I try to play I stop playing when I get to an underwater section because I dislike the underwater mechanics and controls.

In fact the only Zelda game I have ever played and sucesfully defeated is Wind Waker. All because it didn't have any underwater sections despite being themed around water, along with wind. As a result I'm interested in Hourglass and Spirit Tracks but only those 2, because I can assume they lack underwater parts (hopefully I wouldn't be proven wrong if I were to get them, I have plans to eventually).

Hell I stopped playing Monster Hunter Tri because of underwater mechanics as well. I just dislike underwater mechanics in general.

To this date. The only games I can stand underwater mechanics are KH, and even then just barely, 2D platformers, and Metroid Prime (because the mechanics didn't really change from being on land besides getting more sluggish till you got that suit), although I still never finished Prime, and thus no Metroid game, due to disc problems (It's a series I have actually been meaning to get into, but it's on a lower priority list).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Interesting little fact about me and the Zelda games.

Most Zelda games I try to play I stop playing when I get to an underwater section because I dislike the underwater mechanics and controls.

In fact the only Zelda game I have ever played and sucesfully defeated is Wind Waker. All because it didn't have any underwater sections despite being themed around water, along with wind. As a result I'm interested in Hourglass and Spirit Tracks but only those 2, because I can assume they lack underwater parts (hopefully I wouldn't be proven wrong if I were to get them, I have plans to eventually).

Hell I stopped playing Monster Hunter Tri because of underwater mechanics as well. I just dislike underwater mechanics in general.

To this date. The only games I can stand underwater mechanics are KH, and even then just barely, 2D platformers, and Metroid Prime (because the mechanics didn't really change from being on land besides getting more sluggish till you got that suit), although I still never finished Prime, and thus no Metroid game, due to disc problems (It's a series I have actually been meaning to get into, but it's on a lower priority list).
I'd assume you're not a big fan of Ecco the Dolphin then.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I probably wouldn't mind it so much since it is 2D,judging by the picture in that article anyway. But definitely wouldn't be on a high priority list. Would be very very very low priority.
It's 2D yes. And relentlessly difficult.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The more you believe it's all but confirmed to happen

The funnier each time it doesn't happen will be.
While I do agree, (and I'm not saying you are one of these people), but I do think it is also nobody's place to tell people to stop believing in their characters.

Whether is be a big topic like Ridley, or a more smaller one like Bandana Dee, I think people have all the right to say things like "Still has a chance" or the more bold "Practically Confirmed."

With that also said, people can still share why they personally don't believe in a character. I'm just kinda sick of all these "Chances" wars. :/

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Eh.

I prefer sharks more anyway. Whenever I watch Jaws I root for the shark to win and eat everyone.
Fun Fact: Sharks don't kill as many people as you might think! Three times as many people are killed by lightning. In fact, more people die from bee stings than from being eaten by a shark.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Fun Fact: Sharks don't kill as many people as you might think! Three times as many people are killed by lightning. In fact, more people die from bee stings than from being eaten by a shark.
Yes. Mostly everyone knows this by now. It's nothing not well known. Though still fun I suppose.

However.

How many people knew that Benjamin Franklin wanted the American bird to be a turkey instead of a bald eagle. Imagine how Thanksgiving would have turned out lol, venison should be eaten anyway since that was what the first meal actually had and not turkey lol.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Yes. Mostly everyone knows this by now. It's nothing not well known. Though still fun I suppose.

However.

How many people knew that Benjamin Franklin wanted the American bird to be a turkey instead of a bald eagle. Imagine how Thanksgiving would have turned out lol, venison should be eaten anyway since that was what the first meal actually had and not turkey lol.
I actually think I may have read that before, my mom would be in big trouble, she makes Turkey Sandwiches all the time.
You didn't get the reference.

Who here got the reference?
ME!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom