• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...That was a thing? Seriously? ....

Oh yeah, I remember now. That thing that used some Sonic Adventure artwork to make it look like they were unlockable, yeah?

I didn't believe that because of the artwork. :joyful:
I remember trying to look it up countless times (because at the time my cousins had SSBM and I though it would be nice to share this information). Turns out I was wrong.
...I also remember for the longest time thinking Mew (not Mewtwo, Mew) was a playable character...
...I was a stupid kid...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
...That was a thing? Seriously? ....

Oh yeah, I remember now. That thing that used some Sonic Adventure artwork to make it look like they were unlockable, yeah?

I didn't believe that because of the artwork. :joyful:

Are you referring to this?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I remember trying to look it up countless times (because at the time my cousins had SSBM and I though it would be nice to share this information). Turns out I was wrong.
...I also remember for the longest time thinking Mew (not Mewtwo, Mew) was a playable character...
...I was a stupid kid...
I was a little late for the Sonic/Tails thing back then. But I still remember like it was yesterday for unlocking Goku in 64.

yeah......

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm thinking this has been brought up before, but anyone think that Next Level Games had a good hand in that trailer? That aesthetic and art design is fantastic and really makes me want Smash Bros in that style. It looks a lot like the art from Super Mario Strikers.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm thinking this has been brought up before, but anyone think that Next Level Games had a good hand in that trailer? That aesthetic and art design is fantastic and really makes me want Smash Bros in that style. It looks a lot like the art from Super Mario Strikers.
Or, those Tekken games.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Possibly. I know that the guy at Next Level Games who retweeted the Direct said he did it because he was a fan of Nintendo Direct and has no idea what the ND will show.

He was either trolling/teasing as he knew or he actually didn't know. A mystery...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yes. And speaking of Sonic, I'm busy slowly slaving at Sonic 06.
Care to explain why you would do that? That game is bugged to hell and back. I would guess that you lost a bet having to play it. Or even morbid curiosity.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Care to explain why you would do that? That game is bugged to hell and back. I would guess that you lost a bet having to play it. Or even morbid curiosity.
Morbid curiosity. I have a strange spot for horrific quality games such as Superman 64 or Sonic 06.

Even better.
Didn't the story scare you off yet Axle?
The story actually is not really to bad.
It feels like the polar opposite of Other M.
Gameplay is bad, Story is alright.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Why does our government focus on keeping people away from drugs when there are still people out there trying to play Sonic 06 and Superman 64?

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Morbid curiosity. I have a strange spot for horrific quality games such as Superman 64 or Sonic 06.

The story actually is not really to bad.
It feels like the polar opposite of Other M.
Gameplay is bad, Story is alright.
No one can convince me that a human kissing a hedgehog is "alright". Also hyper-realistic Eggman was a dumb idea. So I'm glad they never did that.

Why does our government focus on keeping people away from drugs when there are still people out their trying to play Sonic 06 and Superman 64?
You'll have to ask the spirit of Theodore Roosevelt. He has the answers you seek. If you can beat him in a wrestling match that is.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
No one can convince me that a human kissing a hedgehog is "alright". Also hyper-realistic Eggman was a dumb idea. So I'm glad they never did that.

You'll have to ask the spirit of Theodore Roosevelt. He has the answers you seek. If you can beat him in a wrestling match that is.
It also helps that my favorite era in American history happens to be the progressive era. and Theodore is my favorite president, so I really like his design in 06 (Ivo's.)

But the Hedgehog-Chick thing is not okay, I will agree. That's where the story turned to hell, literally.

Why does our government focus on keeping people away from drugs when there are still people out there trying to play Sonic 06 and Superman 64?
I dunno, I find it fun to mock bad games and play them. Like Bubsy.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
But the Hedgehog-Chick thing is not okay, I will agree. That's where the story turned to hell, literally.
It went to hell because of time travel.

Time travel as a story element is incredibly fragile, because it's very easy to create plot holes due to the rules of time travel.

Also, everyone being a complete moron. Especially notable in Silver's story where neither Silver or Blaze notices Mephiles' thinly veiled scheme through out the story.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
It went to hell because of time travel.

Time travel as a story element is incredibly fragile, because it's very easy to create plot holes due to the rules of time travel.

Also, everyone being a complete moron. Especially notable in Silver's story where neither Silver or Blaze notices Mephiles' thinly veiled scheme through out the story.
It took me a week of research to fully comprehend the timeline of all three games in the Chrono series thanks to bloody time travel.

It's no use, SEGA made the mistake, but they know not to do it again.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
It took me a week of research to fully comprehend the timeline of all three games in the Chrono series thanks to bloody time travel.

It's no use, SEGA made the mistake, but they know not to do it again.
Technically speaking, Radical Dreamers doesn't count as being canonical. Chrono Cross is supposed to be the definitive iteration and continuation of the story. Because of this, Radical Dreamers was more or less retconned. I kinda wish this weren't the case, 'cause Radical Dreamers' story was better overall. It was more cohesive, it explained the setting better, and the characters were well-developed.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Technically speaking, Radical Dreamers doesn't count as being canonical. Chrono Cross is supposed to be the definitive iteration and continuation of the story. Because of this, Radical Dreamers was more or less retconned. I kinda wish this weren't the case, 'cause Radical Dreamers' story was better overall. It was more cohesive, it explained the setting better, and the characters were well-developed.

Smooth Criminal
Agreed. Cross brought in a lot of things that ended up making everything incohesive as all hell where they cut Magus (44 Characters in an RPG that are playable has a small badside...). Dreamers had a better explanation of the story than Cross did, but I love Cross's battle system and hold it as my favorite JRPG of all time.

All in all, Cross with the explanation and acknowledgement of Trigger's story of Dreamers would be a dream for me. Except that plant story. That was weird.
That or a HD remake of Cross.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Totally with you there. Also,

how poorly they handled Schala as a major plot point.

Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden managed their large casts well. Many of them had interesting backstories (you could still tell which characters were just sorta thrown in, though).

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Totally with you there. Also,

how poorly they handled Schala as a major plot point.

Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden managed their large casts well.

Smooth Criminal
My one issue with Cross is literally it's story. It's more convoluted than Blazblue's at some points, and that is pretty convoluted in of itself.
Schala kinda just showed up, I was just like... "what? Okay? You just show up here and BAM, you are a big deal?" And then there's the ending, I'm still trying to sift through the text and try and make sense of what happens to Kidd. That is the one downside to Cross.

Suikoden does handle it very well, I forgot about that. The issue is when the characters are kind of just there and they don't really ever serve more than one point as a distraction.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Smash 3DS we have not a lot on, but from what I can tell, it appears to be a hyrbid of Smash 64 and Brawl mostly. Both games are floaty, but whereas Smash 64 has tons of offense Brawl has tons of defense.
I seriously doubt that the 3DS and WiiU version will have different physics. We haven't even seen enough of the WiiU to accurately decipher it yet alone the 3DS version.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"In Chrono Cross, where she is referred to as Dr. Ashtear, it is discovered that Lucca eventually converted her house into an orphanage. Kid is revealed to have been found by Lucca and raised in the orphanage. Lucca is kidnapped prior to the beginning of Chrono Cross by Lynx and Harle in an effort to subdue the Prometheus Circuit that keeps the Frozen Flame sealed. She is presumably killed by Lynx later on."

When the hell did THAT happen in the story?

What the hell is a Prometheus Circuit?

What is the Frozen Flame?

How come I don't remember ANY of that from beating Chrono Cross multiple times?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think I played maybe 3 hours of Chrono Cross before I flat out gave up on it. To me it didn't feel like a sequel to Chrono Trigger but instead just another Final Fantasy game and I was floored by disappointment. Aside from Starfox Assault, it's the only game I've ever been too dissatisfied with to finish.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
What the hell is a Prometheus Circuit?
Apparently, the Prometheus Circuit is Robo from the first game. Which makes sense, considering Robo's personal sidequest near the end of Chrono Trigger, where he is referred to as Prometheus by Atropos and the Mother Brain computer program (not joking, that's its name).

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I agree. But that particular battle sucked all the fun out of it for me. >_>
I didn't have a hard time on any particular boss, but then again in every RPG I play I grind the hell out of my characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom