• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
The only person whose been nice and added me as a friend on here is now a mod.

I hope you fools know I don't bite.
Well, depends on who you are.
I really don't think I've seen you very often. Thus, I couldn't really be a good friend to you. Although you do support Vaati, which makes me already like you.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The pros already got #3 right; NOW GET #1, 2, and 5 right!!! (I would be okay with them getting #4 right BTW)
After seeing the Little Mac trailer, I think 1 is practically checked. The speed & air momentum are all there.

I doubt wavedashing is returning, but all in all the game shows promise.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really don't think I've seen you very often. Thus, I couldn't really be a good friend to you. Although you do support Vaati, which makes me already like you.
I did have a period where I was here everyday, but then Christmas season hit and work made me it's *****.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think everyone I used to know here when I first came to this site is a mod now, with the exception of Xenoblaze and GoldenYuitsune. :laugh: Time sure does go by fast.
Are you so sure they're not secret mods=??? :smirk:
I like this video. That one guy who was like "I know this sounds lame but I've been wanting Ridley in Smash since I was 11" sold Ridley for me.
That was none other than longtime top ranked Melee and Brawl pro Mew2King.

Truth be told I've wanted to play as Ridley since I was 9 and I saw him in the background of Planet Zebes. I loved (Super) Metroid well before that and knew who he was of course, but man, seeing him in the background reallllllly made me want to play as him. The same was true of King Dedede, albeit to a lesser extent.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Are you so sure they're not secret mods=??? :smirk:

That was none other than longtime top ranked Melee and Brawl pro Mew2King.

Truth be told I've wanted to play as Ridley since I was 9 and I saw him in the background of Planet Zebes. I loved (Super) Metroid well before that and knew who he was of course, but man, seeing him in the background reallllllly made me want to play as him. The same was true of King Dedede, albeit to a lesser extent.
I didn't notice because I'm not to privy on the competitive side of the community.
I didn't care about Ridley before I came here. But that changed when I saw the overwhelming support he had from people.

I like to help!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I didn't notice because I'm not to privy on the competitive side of the community.
Which is why I told you. ;)
I didn't care about Ridley before I came here. But that changed when I saw the overwhelming support he had from people.

I like to help!
Yeah well his boss fights were and he used a lot of cool moves. Plus he's very unorthodox in a way no other smash character is. Sure Ness, Jigglypuff, all the team characters, Mr. G&W, Wario, Ike, and in some ways all of the 5 Smash For newcomers are unorthodox, but none of them do anything like what Ridley does.
After seeing the Little Mac trailer, I think 1 is practically checked. The speed & air momentum are all there.

I doubt wavedashing is returning, but all in all the game shows promise.
Yeah, I agree (at least in Smash Wii U). Honestly, L-cancelling like lag reduction should be automatic. As for wavedashing, some sort of quick dashing is a fine substitute, which it appears we have that for at least Sonic. Honestly the reason people like wavedashing is the quicker walking movement. If they just get a faster startup speed mechanic going, no one will really missing.

Still, something akin to wavelanding (and not the sorry Brawl wavelanding) would be nice to have back The tether system being fixed was great BTW.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Which is why I told you. ;)

Yeah well his boss fights were and he used a lot of cool moves. Plus he's very unorthodox in a way no other smash character is. Sure Ness, Jigglypuff, all the team characters, Mr. G&W, Wario, Ike, and in some ways all of the 5 Smash For newcomers are unorthodox, but none of them do anything like what Ridley does.

Yeah, I agree (at least in Smash Wii U). Honestly, L-cancelling like lag reduction should be automatic. As for wavedashing, some sort of quick dashing is a fine substitute, which it appears we have that for at least Sonic. Honestly the reason people like wavedashing is the quicker walking movement. If they just get a faster startup speed mechanic going, no one will really missing.

Still, something akin to wavelanding (and not the sorry Brawl wavelanding) would be nice to have back The tether system being fixed was great BTW.
This is exactly what I was thinking of.

L-Cancel can just be an auto-option. And if startups were faster, I'd wavedash a lot less as Luigi.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Yeah, promise for the Wii U. I have absolutely 0% interest in 3DS version of Smash even though I have both systems.
Exactly! faster start ups are exactly what I had in mind as a solution.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
So that you could unlock them.
What, do you have to:
Get them to join your Friends List? Or...
Post a certain amount of times? Or...
Get a certain amount of likes? Then...
Then you have to beat them in debate?! :troll:

Shroob

Sup?
So, has it been talked about the potential for Diddy to be revealed next week? There was only an 8 day gap between Rosalina and Zelda, though, Sakurai has never revealed a character to coincide with an American release date... yet.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Even though it's not a Japan release date, I still have some thought of Diddy being revealed on North America's DKC:TF.

I was expecting a DK character back on Japan's release but Little Mac was still ****in' worth it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I expect Diddy next week and Yoshi in March (hopefully). If we get a second character in March, I don't know who.

I'm more thinking about the inevitable April Direct.

andimidna

Smash Master
Y'know how every character has a victory theme and animations? What if every character had a victory stage? A stage everybody is on when the stats are shown, themed to the winning character.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I feel like the closer we get to ssb4s launch, the more stuff is revealed each month.
We have essentially more than half of Brawl's roster. I'm banking on a Late Summer - Early Fall release for the game.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
http://youtu.be/r5uhV2klZik
Everybody needs to watch this.
I really hope they do away with Giga Bowser and give Bowser a final smash that harkens back to any of the Super Mario games 2D or 3D.
Giga Bowser while boss looking isn't really something Bowser is known for. Give him the Clown copter or a Star Rod or something anything but Giga Bowser! Giga please.

Nick Schovitz

Smash Cadet
This game is getting me pumped. I'm unsure of who I'm going to main this time around. I might have about 6 or 7 this time, vs my 3 from Brawl. Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina & Luma, and Lil Mac all look so good. I don't want to abandon MetaKnight and Zelda/Sheik, but it's looking likely now.

andimidna

Smash Master
This game is getting me pumped. I'm unsure of who I'm going to main this time around. I might have about 6 or 7 this time, vs my 3 from Brawl. Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina & Luma, and Lil Mac all look so good. I don't want to abandon MetaKnight and Zelda/Sheik, but it's looking likely now.
I've loved all of the newcomers so far, so I'm sure I'll play a lot of them. And I'm also going to keep Zelda/Sheik in my mains. She might be the only veteran I main :bee:

No we don't.
But it's funny :o

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, promise for the Wii U. I have absolutely 0% interest in 3DS version of Smash even though I have both systems.
Smash 3DS we have not a lot on, but from what I can tell, it appears to be a hyrbid of Smash 64 and Brawl mostly. Both games are floaty, but whereas Smash 64 has tons of offense Brawl has tons of defense.

Smash 3DS will no matter what be a grand experiment. It will either be a spectacular game at all levels, or... well... another confused game.
Exactly! faster start ups are exactly what I had in mind as a solution.
Like I said, Sonic appears to have that problem fixed. Let's hope it's a universal thing. Heck, running speeds in general need to be faster.
This is exactly what I was thinking of.

L-Cancel can just be an auto-option. And if startups were faster, I'd wavedash a lot less as Luigi.
Yeah, if you have faster startups, you won't need wavedashing. Wavedashing is essentially just a quicker alternative to running with minimal to no startup. If you do super quick startup and faster acceleration with running while keeping precise controls, that's not a problem anymore.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Here's a list of upcoming GBA VC games:

April 3
Advance Wars 1+2
F-Zero
Golden Sun
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World
Wario Ware, Inc. Mega Microgame

April 30
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario Tennis Advance
Metroid Fusion
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Wario Land Advance

Issac for April??? :awesome:
And yet the 3DS still doesn't have any, and probably won't.
What with that?!

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I'm telling you. Them time they are a changin'.

But man do I feel old. Anyone remember trying to unlock Sonic and Tails?
...That was a thing? Seriously? ....

Oh yeah, I remember now. That thing that used some Sonic Adventure artwork to make it look like they were unlockable, yeah?

I didn't believe that because of the artwork. :joyful:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom