• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Have we even had a DK Stage? Asides from "That one in Smash 3DS that we still don't know is or isn't a DK stage"

Heck, a lot of franchises haven't had stages. I'm looking at you, Star Fox and Kirby
No DK stage yet. We've really had a dearth of stage announcements thus far.

Right now, we have 11-12 stages on either system. Brawl had 41 stages, but with the exclusive stages for either system, it's harder to make an estimate.

I'm currently thinking that there will be less stages per system compared to Brawl. Each series will at least get one stage, though, and on both systems (as the Punch-Out!! Boxing Ring shows). I think 25-35 stages seems a reasonable amount of stages per system.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

Right now, we have 11-12 stages on either system. Brawl had 41 stages, but with the exclusive stages for either system, it's harder to make an estimate.

I'm currently thinking that there will be less stages per system compared to Brawl. Each series will at least get one stage, though, and on both systems (as the Punch-Out!! Boxing Ring shows). I think 25-35 stages seems a reasonable amount of stages per system.
That's actually not that bad
Pokémon.
"Assuming the Trailer is worth of value"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Seems pretty reasonable. Since each system is getting their own stages, you'd have a harder time going for Brawl's amount on both. Though we do have two Zelda stages on the 3DS version and two Mario stages as well.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Seems pretty reasonable. Since each system is getting their own stages, you'd have a harder time going for Brawl's amount on both. Though we do have two Zelda stages on the 3DS version and two Mario stages as well.
In Brawl, you saw that the Big Series (Mario, Zelda, DK, Pokemon, etc.) got more than one stage, whereas peripheral series only got one.

I expect this trend to continue for SSB4 across both systems. So we'd have 2-3 Mario stages on the Wii U (Gateway Galaxy,
X, Y) 2-3 Mario Stages on the 3DS (3D Land, X, Y), two Zelda stages on the Wii U (Skyloft, X), two on the 3DS (Spirit Tracks and Gerudo Valley), and so forth.

In other words, while the stages may differ, the series representation ratio will be the same for both systems.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Don't both systems having different teams? In that case I don't see it all that harder to meat Brawl stages in terms of numbers, especially since stages are vastly different from characters.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Don't both systems having different teams? In that case I don't see it all that harder to meat Brawl stages in terms of numbers, especially since stages are vastly different from characters.
I don't know. But if anyone does, clarification would be great.

Some stages are pretty similar (Battlefield, Punch-Out, etc.), but having 40 stages per system (Brawl carry-over stages included or not included) would mean 80 stages shared across the systems.

While SSE is not hogging development and resources, there are two systems to consider. And I'd prefer quality over quantity; some of the stages in Brawl weren't that great or fun to play on.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Some stages are pretty similar (Battlefield, Punch-Out, etc.), but having 40 stages per system (Brawl carry-over stages included or not included) would mean 80 stages shared across the systems.

While SSE is not hogging development and resources, there are two systems to consider. And I'd prefer quality over quantity; some of the stages in Brawl weren't that great or fun to play on.
Eh. I'd rather have more "boring" stages if it meant that more stages would be allowed for competitive play. :L

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
My quote meant by it looks like we have our Pokemon stage if the trailer is worth of value; that's assuming pokemon stadium 3
where in the little mac trailer?

If your talking about when he turn into giga mac, that's still battlefield but in another angle.

Battlefield
Dr. Wily's Castle
Pyrosphere
Garden of hope
Skyloft
New Smashville
Boxing ring
Galaxy stage

No Pokemon stage was shown.

(inb4 i misread you)

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Eh. I'd rather have more "boring" stages if it meant that more stages would be allowed for competitive play. :L
I wasn't referring to stages that had less going on, or were competitively viable. I meant more the awkward gimmicky stages.

So far, the Wii U stage roster looks pretty decent. The 3DS seems fairly good as well. I'm expecting at least a few gimmick stages, of the likes of 75M or Hanenbow or Pictochat or something, but given what we've been shown thus far, the stage selection and design seems pretty solid.

Can't tell if you're saying Hanenbow is good or bad. XS

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
where in the little mac trailer?

If your talking about when he turn into giga mac, that's still battlefield but in another angle.

Battlefield
Dr. Wily's Castle
Pyrosphere
Garden of hope
Skyloft
New Smashville
Boxing ring
Galaxy stage

No Pokemon stage was shown.

(inb4 i misread you)
He's referring to the first trailer in the scene where it shows Pikachu waving at the camera.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hanenbow was one of those stages I'd spend more time interacting with the stage itself than actually battling within it.

Dem flowers must bloom. :3

But yeah, it wasn't really that good imo. :T

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
75M was the worst, mang.

The idea of including/porting classic video games as stages is a good idea in theory, but if the stage is hardly playable in practice, then it's not worth including, IMO.
They should have a small version of 25M. That could actually be viable to play on.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I liked the idea of the stage, but its design presented a level of obstruction to the gameplay that made me much prefer the majority of other stages.

They should have a small version of 25M. That could actually be viable to play on.
That would probably have been better. You could then have Arcade DK show up as a Stage Hazard, and begin throwing barrels all over the place. The 25M screen is more iconic than the 75M overall anyway, IMO.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I don't remember this thread being so similar to the intro to Duty Calls.

And people thought this was an arguement against Little Mac. Because Electroplankton can be an interesting fighter but only have a stage? Better of as an AT.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
What I have to say on Hanenbow:

Hanenbow is a weird stage for me. I like the concept, but I personally think the execution isn't great. I would like a very colourful and trippy stage like Hanenbow, perhaps with a cute objective that requires teamwork (or not) to complete (like how you can make the flower bloom).

Yellow Devil on Dr. Wily's Castle is a stage hazard, right? I wonder if you could defeat it. If so, then I guess that could count as an objective.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
What I have to say on Hanenbow:

Hanenbow is a weird stage for me. I like the concept, but I personally think the execution isn't great. I would like a very colourful and trippy stage like Hanenbow, perhaps with a cute objective that requires teamwork (or not) to complete (like how you can make the flower bloom).

Yellow Devil on Dr. Wily's Castle is a stage hazard, right? I wonder if you could defeat it. If so, then I guess that could count as an objective.
That could be cool, but it might pose a distraction if you're just looking to fight. Like halfway during the match, you have to stop to cooperatively pound on the YD until it goes away.

With this in mind, having the option to enable or disable Stage Hazards would be a great addition for SSB4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom