• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
In Canada, you have the Conservative Party and the Liberal Party as the primary political groups (followed closely by the New Democratic Party). Easier to remember where they stand, this way. :p

I'm horrendously uninformed when it comes to political ideologies; the level of my ignorance is probably embarrassing. I'll need to figure out where I stand on all these political/economic/social issues at some point.

In any case, thanks for the informative reply. Let us now resume the Great Discourse of the Smash.
Always happy to help people stay informed!

Can't say I know a thing about Canadian politics, but if you have any questions about American politics, feel free to ask!

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, what are people's hopes for this coming week? So far this month we've got a new character, an assist trophy, and a new stage for the 3DS. I'm hoping they don't snuff Tropical Freeze altogether simply because it's not the Japanese release of the games and show something DK related.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So, what are people's hopes for this coming week? So far this month we've got a new character, an assist trophy, and a new stage for the 3DS. I'm hoping they don't snuff Tropical Freeze altogether simply because it's not the Japanese release of the games and show something DK related.
Yeah, I'm hopeful we get a DK:TF reveal.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
....I don't know.

I've never been the kind of person to try and predict Smash stuff for the week. Revealing Diddy shortly after Mac would be cool.

----

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I mean we got Zelda a week after we got Rosalina.
I don't see why we can't get a DKC character next week Friday after getting Little Mac this week

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
It has been a pretty good month thus far, hasn't it?

I've seen mumblings about a Diddy(and Dixie?) confirmation on the 21st (though I forget the reasoning). Getting two characters a month isn't impossible, even with Newcomers (Rosalina+Zelda in December, Dedede+Lucario in January).

It'd be nice to get at least something DK-related before the end of the month. We don't even have confirmation on a DK stage yet (because one of them is Gangplank Galleon).

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I know I'm late asf on this, but ayyye Little Mac made it in!! turn up!! lol

I can't wait til we starting getting info on the modes tho

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It has been a pretty good month thus far, hasn't it?

I've seen mumblings about a Diddy(and Dixie?) confirmation on the 21st (though I forget the reasoning). Getting two characters a month isn't impossible, even with Newcomers (Rosalina+Zelda in December, Dedede+Lucario in January).

It'd be nice to get at least something DK-related before the end of the month. We don't even have confirmation on a DK stage yet (because one of them is Gangplank Galleon).
DKC:TF is released in NA and Europe on the 21st.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Little Mac with Isaac (as an AT).
My bet for next week.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd love at least a DK stage to celebrate Tropical Freeze.

At most and being greedy I'd love a stage, Diddy, and Dixie. Also K. Rool and Cranky.

But you know what they say about greediness.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

What's good homie?! Haven't seen you in a minute!

Yeah, the only mode that has been hinted at aside from the multiplayer, is the single player. And we only received only 1 daily pic talking about that.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I honestly think two characters a month will be the norm until at least E3 because there's still a ton of characters who are pretty much guaranteed to come back that haven't been shown yet.
Lucario was technically revealed last month...
#believe

Thankfully, this is the shortest month of the year.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
What's good homie?! Haven't seen you in a minute!

Yeah, the only mode that has been hinted at aside from the multiplayer, is the single player. And we only received only 1 daily pic talking about that.
I just been outcheaaaa lol but yeah homie I been good, what about you though?

and yeah, with Subspace Emissary gone, I wonder if they'll just bring it back to what Adventure Mode was like in Melee, or if they got something completely new up for it

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
and yeah, with Subspace Emissary gone, I wonder if they'll just bring it back to what Adventure Mode was like in Melee, or if they got something completely new up for it
Like others, I suspect we'll have an Adventure Mode-style campaign. You'd have periodic side-scrolling levels (more Melee than SSE), but you'd also have actual bosses (like in SSE). And of course, you'd have your actual matches interspersed throughout.

In this scenario, the stages, bosses, and matches would likely differ between systems, so as to better reflect console VS handheld history.

And the Dragon King is the secret final boss.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I just been outcheaaaa lol but yeah homie I been good, what about you though?

Me? I'm cold as ****! New Jersey looks like DK island with all this snow! 12inches dropped since yesterday and today.

*Drake voice*
But ***** we made it! Little Mac looking majestic!
I'm still hyped up from yesterday!

I'm really hoping for something similar to Adventure mode in Melee. I don't want to play through generic environments loosely based on franchises like we did in SSE.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So that was a cool Nintendo Direct. I was kind of enraged by the announcment of yet another Nintendo game that uses the "Big brother beats the game for you" system.

So that less experienced players can have a fun and safe experience :psycho:

I also hope that when I play Mario Kart 8 I don't end up facing off against all Koopalings. :nervous:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Lucario was technically revealed last month...
#believe

Thankfully, this is the shortest month of the year.
And then it was Rosalina and Zelda before that in December so it stands that this is probably the case anyways. So, if this is true... we're likely going to get at least 7 people before E3. One of those will probably be a newcomer because we get a major Direct about every 2 months so that brings it to 6 veterans. In my opinion, these are the "obvious" veterans left (meaning it's almost impossible that they'll be cut):

-Wario
-Metaknight
-ZSS
-Diddy
-Ice Climbers
-Yoshi
-Captain Falcon
-Ness
-Falco
-Ganondorf
-Mr. Game and Watch

Definitely a lot of people to choose from...

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
BTW, The kazoo music in the "Yoshi's New Island" trailer gave the perfect feeling of "We don't give a ****."

Last edited by a moderator:

andimidna

Smash Master

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
And then it was Rosalina and Zelda before that in December so it stands that this is probably the case anyways. So, if this is true... we're likely going to get at least 7 people before E3. One of those will probably be a newcomer because we get a major Direct about every 2 months so that brings it to 6 veterans. In my opinion, these are the "obvious" veterans left (meaning it's almost impossible that they'll be cut):

-Wario
-Metaknight
-ZSS
-Diddy
-Ice Climbers
-Yoshi
-Captain Falcon
-Ness
-Falco
-Ganondorf
-Mr. Game and Watch

Definitely a lot of people to choose from...
Confident Edgeworth.gif

Didn't you hear? Little Mac is replacing Captain Falcon. :troll:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So that was a cool Nintendo Direct. I was kind of enraged by the announcment of yet another Nintendo game that uses the "Big brother beats the game for you" system.

So that less experienced players can have a fun and safe experience :psycho:

I also hope that when I play Mario Kart 8 I don't end up facing off against all Koopalings. :nervous:
Tbh, with the exception of Smash Bros, Kart, and X, I was very underwhelmed and disappointed. But all I wanted was a new character for Smash, and that's what I got, so I'm satisfied.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Well there's somebody I haven't seen in awhile. XD

Hey there, dude. ¦D

andimidna

Smash Master
Tbh, with the exception of Smash Bros, Kart, and X, I was very underwhelmed and disappointed. But all I wanted was a new character for Smash, and that's what I got, so I'm satisfied.
What about Bayonetta 2? That trailer was sick IMO

Well, the 22nd is a Saturday, so...
Fine, 24th... or 21st...
Either way,
Gimme Ike.

Last edited:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Me? I'm cold as ****! New Jersey looks like DK island with all this snow! 12inches dropped since yesterday and today.

*Drake voice*
But ***** we made it! Little Mac looking majestic!
I'm still hyped up from yesterday!

I'm really hoping for something similar to Adventure mode in Melee. I don't want to play through generic environments loosely based on franchises like we did in SSE.
lmao I swear! my ***** over here it's like Icicle Mountain in this mf lol but I ain't trippin

but yeah I feel you on Little Mac, maaan I'm honestly really happy with the character selections so far; I don't even care who gets in at this point

and yeah, on that single player mode tip, I really hope the Smash squad come through for Events this time, I used to be all over them in Melee

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
BTW, The kazoo music in the "Yoshi's New Island" trailer gave the perfect feeling of "We don't give a ****."
Yeah. In a good way.

That kazoo was catchy, man! :D

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
A stage. Please.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What just happened? Politics in Smashboards. Eh, whatever. Glad I missed it.

Abuse to animals. Boycott Smash 4.
To be fair, Sonic had it coming. What with all those sub-par and or terrible games released recently. Colors and Generations were cool though.

Yeah. In a good way.

That kazoo was catchy man! :D
Oh hey, you're a mod now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom